Term 3 – Nominations for Minister of Foreign Affairs

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
The Minister of Foreign Affairs is responsible for all matters involving treaties with foreign nations and all espionage activities. This includes Trade Embargoes, Military Alliances and the use of Spies to acquire technologies.

Please submit nominations for the Minister of Foreign Affairs in this thread and Accept or Decline any nominations you may receive. Self nominations are allowed. Citizens may only run for one elected position.

Nominations will close and elections open 00:00 GMT on the 27 September (that’s 8pm EDT 26 September).

Please Note: I shall start closing the nomination threads and posting the polls approx 1½ hours early at 22:30 GMT (6:30 PM EDT), 26 September.

I self-nominate and accept for Foreign Affairs Minister. I also nominate Nobody.

Here we have a great problem: we have an undesirable war happening, and we must stop that before the persians can trigger a despotic golden ge. I will propose peace with the persian as soon as they want to talk, but peace with honor. If they demand any techs or too much gold, war will continue.

I will make a strong connexion withe Defense Department so we can have a powerful army under the service of Fanatikos and the Foreign Affairs Office. We will cooperate more in our offices and coordinate our plans better than in other administrations. This way we can have a safe Fanatikos and peace, but we shall keep our honor. The AI will make demands, but we will be firm. We will give in until we can have the opportunity for an advantageous war with a weak AI (possibly Persia) so we can send a hoplite to persian lands and trigger a Republic Golden Age. Also, we will wait for Persia to demand tribute, so if they declare war we can have war happiness. I plan to do this after we get Republic, and with strict cooperation with the Defense Department. I will be very active in the Foreign Affairs department and give my instructions clearly to avoid confusion. However, if Persia does not declare war, then we will make them furious with demands until they decide to invade our lands. But there will never be an invasion, because they are weak and too far away. I, on the contrary, plan to send a hoplite (with the approval of other departments) to persian lands and trigger the golden age. We are supposed to change to Republic this Term. My major plan is to get a Golden Age with diplomacy. However, Persia can turn into a strong nation in the future. This strategy not only applies to Persiabut it applies to all weak nations that we may find in the future.

So, here are the fundamental points of my plan:

- Make strong connections with the Defense Department and other Departments, increasing cooperation.
- Have a favorable war in Republic so we can have war happiness and trigger a golden age with distant and weak nations. They will have to declare war on us first.
- Protect Fanatikos. Give in to demands from powerful foreign civs, but this time making a better diplomacy and trying to strenghten our connections with powerful civs.
- Peace with honor. When we end the war with Persia, we must not give them too much gold or techs. This applies to other powers, too. Except if we are loosing against a foreign civ and we desperately need peace.
- Strategic discussions about the role of Fanatikos in the future. This means that every citizen will be invited to discuss in a thread posted by me about the Fanatikos Foreign Affairs. I will be accepting any comments and suggestions.
- I am very active, and I will participate actively from my Office.

Vote for Me!

Civlord

I second Civlord. I may try for another office at a later term if I keep the Axis powers under control. :shakehead

I think he was genuinely curious if you were running for Term III.

so do i, i wasnt being smart or angry or anything, maybe a small bit hurmous. Well its late now, and so i will beging campaigning tomorrow.

Hello citizens of Fanatikos! I am running for Foreign Affairs Minister and want your vote. I will protect the sovereignty of Fanatikos and help enrich the lives of all Fanatiks. I will also make sure we reign supreme among other nations, in terms of power and diplomacy standings. Here is my platform:

-I will advocate declaring war numerous times throughout the term. In my opinion, we must destroy Germany, Rome, and France for Fanatikos to remain safe. I don't consider Persia a threat and I believe they will be more useful having their cities alive, rather than in ruins.
- I will aim to create Millitary Alliances with several nations in order to "dogpile" a potential enemy. This can be used to bring an enemy to the table or to bring about a rival's destruction.
- I will try to coordinate efforts with the Defense Department with exploration matters. I find it imperative that we discover the other continent and create a monopoly on communications with all nations we find.
- I believe Rights of Passages should be used when needed. If an enemy declares war on us, responding with a ROP with another rival civ will help prevent a "dogpile" against us.
- When the War of the Books is over, I will request money from the budget be spent to build an embassy with the Persians. This will help increase diplomatic relations with their country and hopefully lead to better relations in the future.

Thank You Fanatikos. I will now take questions now.

Vote greekguy

-I will advocate declaring war numerous times throughout the term. In my opinion, we must destroy Germany, Rome, and France for Fanatikos to remain safe. I don't consider Persia a threat and I believe they will be more useful having their cities alive, rather than in ruins.

Shoul we consider that? This is 5BCC, so if we destroy Rome, Germany and France then Persia will settle in their old territory thus becoming a REAL threat. We need many divided enemies, not a strong enemy alone.

- I believe Rights of Passages should be used when needed. If an enemy declares war on us, responding with a ROP with another rival civ will help prevent a "dogpile" against us.

My policy is to approach ROP with caution. The AI will certainly ROP-rape us in the future, especially the aggressive civilizations. We must avoid that.

Vote Civlord. We need a strong FA Office!

Civlord said:
Shoul we consider that? This is 5BCC, so if we destroy Rome, Germany and France then Persia will settle in their old territory thus becoming a REAL threat. We need many divided enemies, not a strong enemy alone.

If we end up having the power to take out these 3 coutries, I think we will be able to deal with Persia. Also remember, I advocate war with those 3 nations. War is something directly controlled by the people, guided by the FA Minister.

Civlord said:
My policy is to approach ROP with caution. The AI will certainly ROP-rape us in the future, especially the aggressive civilizations. We must avoid that.

Rights of Passages will be used to help prevent dogpiling, not just for the hell of it. Also ROP's increase a rival civ's attitude, thus increasing the chance of contiuned peaceful relations.

Question for the Candidates:

As our cities grow larger, the need to keep the people under control will grow with it. Cathedrals and other city improvements are expensive, and might take long to build. Precious resources will be lost by city-sponsored playwrites, clowns and actors to continue keeping the people happy. Luxuries are a way of giving back to the people without losing these human resources. Currently, Rome seems to be poised to be in control of three seperate resources in the near future which we could use, while also having Iron and Horses near them. What must we do in order to ensure the Fanatikos has reasonable access to these luxury resources from Rome? How do these resources affect your plans in terms of our treatment of Rome?

If we end up having the power to take out these 3 coutries, I think we will be able to deal with Persia. Also remember, I advocate war with those 3 nations. War is something directly controlled by the people, guided by the FA Minister.

But in that case we would delay the change to Republic or have war weariness. And to fight Rome, Germany and France we will need many units that will destroy our income. We cannot pay these soldiers.

Rights of Passages will be used to help prevent dogpiling, not just for the hell of it. Also ROP's increase a rival civ's attitude, thus increasing the chance of contiuned peaceful relations.

But there is also the possibility of a ROP-rape. ROP deals should be approached with caution. And the AI does not care about reputation anyway, so they would declare war on us easily in alliance with other AI, even if we have ROP.

Vote Civlord! We need a Strong Foreign Affairs Office!

As our cities grow larger, the need to keep the people under control will grow with it. Cathedrals and other city improvements are expensive, and might take long to build. Precious resources will be lost by city-sponsored playwrites, clowns and actors to continue keeping the people happy. Luxuries are a way of giving back to the people without losing these human resources. Currently, Rome seems to be poised to be in control of three seperate resources in the near future which we could use, while also having Iron and Horses near them. What must we do in order to ensure the Fanatikos has reasonable access to these luxury resources from Rome? How do these resources affect your plans in terms of our treatment of Rome?

This is an interesting point. We need these luxuries, so here is my proposal:

- If the people demans that, then we will have war. My plan is to make Rome furious so they declare war on us thus giving us war happiness. And we will have stronger relations with other powerful civs, bringing them to war. Truly, my intention is to make the AI fight for us, so if Rome declares war on us and we get an alliance with France, we will wait until Rome is severely destroyed by the war until we can advance over their territories. This way we will face less roman troops and have better chances of victory. Also, we won't need a huge army that will drain our resources. We must have a good strategy according to our future government: The Republic.

Then, if everything goes right, we can take those resources and make our citizens happy. Of course, I will be building stronger ties with the Office of President and the Minister of Defense so we can have a well-coordinated plan.

Note on last post: While I can use the "AI vs. AI" strategy I proposed, it may not be necessarily with France, but with other civs too. France is only an example.

Vote Civlord! Vote for a Strong FA Office with Honor

Question to the Candidates:

With the threat of war looming over our heads, what will you do to aid the effort? I mean you will have to work with the Minister of Defense and Governors, so what do you intend to do to make a difference?

With the threat of war looming over our heads, what will you do to aid the effort? I mean you will have to work with the Minister of Defense and Governors, so what do you intend to do to make a difference?

That's one of my main goals. I will be having more communications with the Defense Department and others and coordinating plans according to the law of Fanatikos. However, we are elected to serve the people, and so if the people does not agree with a war then we will have to go with a different foreign policy.

Vote Civlord

Gerikes said:
Question for the Candidates:

Well, if it was up to me, I would destroy the Roman civilization and then build colonies on their former territories near these important luxuries. I would then reinforce these areas with forts filled with hoplites and horsemen. However, I running for neither Minister of Defense or President. I really do not control getting access to resources. That would be the Trade & Tech Minister's job. However, plans to treat Rome have nothing to do with luxuries. I consider them a threat and think we should raze their empire (save the one city we keep) and destroy their civilization.

vikingruler said:
Question to the Candidates:

I will of course coordinate the efforts between the various departments, but I view war as something that can be taken care of easily as long as the Foreign Department performs the proper diplomacy and the Defense Department draws up the perfect attack plans. Coordination will of be at the forefront of my department, but my coordination efforts will focus on intercontinental exploration.

Top Bottom