1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 3 – Nominations for Minister of Foreign Affairs

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy VII' started by Furiey, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Civlord

Civlord Chieftain

About that signature, hmmm...., it was a jk, ok! Vote for me!

I would give in to the demands of the more powerful, would gift them with some worthless tech or amount of gold and would consider (cautiously) the use of ROP treaties.

I would imediately negotiate military alliances with our neighbors. The AI must do the job for us. My intention is to have the AI civs fighting a war for us while we can give a decisive strike when our opponent is weaken by our ally. This would avoid a military alliance against us, too.

Currently for us Diplomacy is important. We don't have a strong military and a strong economy. So we must keep peace and make favorable deals with our neighbors. My plan is to keep our reputation intact during the whole Term.

That question is about our reputation. We must wait the whole 20 turns. But if Fantikos wants war, then I will have to obey the people.

Civlord

2. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

I think once the War of the Books is over, we should build an embassy with the Persians. This will hopefully lead to better diplomatic relations with them. I will also advocate signing Rights of Passages when nesseccery.

Of course. Dogpiling can be a very effective way to eliminate an enemy. For instance, if we declare war on Germany, we could then bring France and Rome on our side. This would result in an easy victory for us. The more nations on our side, the greater the chance we have to win the war.

That is a very tricky question and must be handled very carefully. While an ROP rape could result in us as the sole nation on our home continent, it will also kill future relations with the nations of the other continent, before we even met them. I think I will advocate not using ROP rape, as I want to be friends with the countries of the other continent.

Breaking a peace deal seems reasonable to me, as it will allow us to finish off an enemy who already hates us. No reason to keep them around longer then they have to be kept around.

3. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Notice: Civlord has been permbanned in this forum, and thus is not eligable for the elections, as he no longer has access. His name will be removed from the nominations list.

4. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Systems of Vekta
    Since we are minus a FA contender, I would like to nominate xyzx and Bootstoots (apologies if any of you have declined or are running in a different office but someone has to fill in the possition and you were the names that came to my head).

5. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

Please Note: I shall start closing the nomination threads and posting the polls approx 1½ hours early at 22:30 GMT (6:30 PM EDT), 26 September.

6. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Obviously.... in the forum afterlife....

7. vikingruler

vikingruler Chieftain

with civlord, is he really gone, like he can never come back to the Demogame and future ones? He was a really good person and I'll miss him, I mean I know it was spamming but he was really just campaigning.

8. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: That's right, but it's not his spamming that got him banned. End of discussion.

9. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

This Nomination Thread is now closed for nominations. Please continue any debates/discussions in the Election Thread

Thank You