Term 3 – Nominations for Minister of Foreign Affairs

About that signature, hmmm...., it was a jk, ok! Vote for me!

How would you try to influence our opponents to ensure they remain peaceful with us until it is time to destroy them?

I would give in to the demands of the more powerful, would gift them with some worthless tech or amount of gold and would consider (cautiously) the use of ROP treaties.

Once we do get into a war of aggression, would you drag other opponents into the conflict/

I would imediately negotiate military alliances with our neighbors. The AI must do the job for us. My intention is to have the AI civs fighting a war for us while we can give a decisive strike when our opponent is weaken by our ally. This would avoid a military alliance against us, too.

Should we keep our reputation intact, or use dastardly means (sneak attacks, ROP rape) to get an edge?

Currently for us Diplomacy is important. We don't have a strong military and a strong economy. So we must keep peace and make favorable deals with our neighbors. My plan is to keep our reputation intact during the whole Term.

If we need to make peace prior to totally destroying an enemy, do you support going back to war early, or do we wait the whole 20 turns?

That question is about our reputation. We must wait the whole 20 turns. But if Fantikos wants war, then I will have to obey the people.

Civlord

DaveShack said:
How would you try to influence our opponents to ensure they remain peaceful with us until it is time to destroy them?

I think once the War of the Books is over, we should build an embassy with the Persians. This will hopefully lead to better diplomatic relations with them. I will also advocate signing Rights of Passages when nesseccery.

DaveShack said:
Once we do get into a war of aggression, would you drag other opponents into the conflict

Of course. Dogpiling can be a very effective way to eliminate an enemy. For instance, if we declare war on Germany, we could then bring France and Rome on our side. This would result in an easy victory for us. The more nations on our side, the greater the chance we have to win the war.

DaveShack said:
Should we keep our reputation intact, or use dastardly means (sneak attacks, ROP rape) to get an edge? Does this answer depend on whether we take out the whole continent before contacting other civs?

That is a very tricky question and must be handled very carefully. While an ROP rape could result in us as the sole nation on our home continent, it will also kill future relations with the nations of the other continent, before we even met them. I think I will advocate not using ROP rape, as I want to be friends with the countries of the other continent.

DaveShack said:
If we need to make peace prior to totally destroying an enemy, do you support going back to war early, or do we wait the whole 20 turns?

Breaking a peace deal seems reasonable to me, as it will allow us to finish off an enemy who already hates us. No reason to keep them around longer then they have to be kept around.

Moderator Action: Notice: Civlord has been permbanned in this forum, and thus is not eligable for the elections, as he no longer has access. His name will be removed from the nominations list.

Since we are minus a FA contender, I would like to nominate xyzx and Bootstoots (apologies if any of you have declined or are running in a different office but someone has to fill in the possition and you were the names that came to my head).

with civlord, is he really gone, like he can never come back to the Demogame and future ones? He was a really good person and I'll miss him, I mean I know it was spamming but he was really just campaigning.

Moderator Action: That's right, but it's not his spamming that got him banned. End of discussion.

Top Bottom