1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 3 – Nominations for President

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy VII' started by Furiey, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

People of Fanatikos,

For your review, I have drafted a Demographics comparison between when I took office (1500 BC) to the present day (410 BC). You will notice that we lead the world in almost all important categories, and we haven't even entered Republic yet!

My opponent will be sure to point out two key stats: Approval Rating (4th place - 56%) and Military Service (8th place). However, when you consider that these stats are factored into a population count that has nearly quintupled in size, you can see why these numbers may be somewhat disproportionate for now. And since I have already outlined my military plans for Fanatikos' best interests, you can be sure the our nation will have the forces required for any battle we undertake.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
    President of Fanatikos

2. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

I am also glad you supported me in my struggle against myopic, embryonic 21 tile adventists that called for a city in the Roman-German warzone or the Franco-Persian expansion in the wastelands, and instead supported my site for Priapos, an excellent port with gold, fish, wine and river, and short logistical lines to our capital for the days we want to outfit naval expeditions for getting some new cities overseas.

We disagreed on the early library, but now you see it is not that bad, with a marketplace up soon. Your Persian influence and library fixation is forgotten, in general you are a proven and worthy candidate.

About the military... We got hoplites, a supreme defensive unit, in forcc points quite low, since forcepoints factor in defense lower. But for a 5 city challenge, the best we could do. For the approval rating. That simply means we balance happiness and growth and do not waste production capacity.

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Some how our approval rating is droping as fast as Dubya's aproval ratings ;)

4. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Yes. Wonders should not be restricted to just one or two cities, but developed in all of our cities. They bring culture, trade and pride to those cities. In addition, such a distribution of wonders insures cooperation from the Governors. Building a wonder means a city isn't going to be training troops. In times when we face possible war, this can increase the demands on the other cities. Knowing that their city will also produce wonders makes Governors more willing to shoulder extra burdens.

I will ask all Governors that do build wonders to have a fall-back plan, in case that wonder is built by another civ. While we will always strive to complete the wonders we start, having an updated backup plan for each game session is wise and prevents unfortunate incidents.

Yes, after several attempts. Once we decided to plan a 5CC variant, I played 6 games until that variant with different options and civs to get a feel for it. It's quite different from an epic game, but rewarding when you win. 4 defeats, 1 win by Spaceship, 1 win by Conquest.

Great questions!
    -- Ravensfire, candidate for President.

5. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

Please Note: I shall start closing the nomination threads and posting the polls approx 1½ hours early at 22:30 GMT (6:30 PM EDT), 26 September.

6. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

In the interest of full disclosure, I have never played a 5CC game besides DG7. While I applaud Ravensfire's scientific approach to this game, I have always gained most enjoyment from the DemoGame when played on instinct alone.

7. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

This Nomination Thread is now closed for nominations. Please continue any debates/discussions in the Election Thread

Thank You