Term 3 CoAF Poll - Should we raze Arnhem and Amsterdam?

Should we raze Arnhem and Amsterdam?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zyxy

Warmongering Fool
Discussion is here

This poll is public; others can see your choice.

The poll will run for 24 hours to give the Domestic Consul some time for settlement planning.

Interpretation of the outcome:
Arnhem will be razed if number of votes for "raze both" + number of votes for "raze Arnhem.." is greater than or equal to number of votes for "keep Arnhem..." + number of votes for "keep both". Analogous for Amsterdam.

EDIT: fixed link

The CoAF strongly urges everyone to vote "raze both". Both cities will be high flip risks, and may flip other cities in turn. It is safer to replace them with Fanatannian cities. Also, we will get upkeep-free workers if we raze.

To me it's a no brainer, and I have queued settlers to replace these cities already. Raze them and be done.

Why raze them? They're port cities!

I just can not believe our stupidity sometimes.... We want port cities, and we go ahead and vote to raze the very cities we're trying to keep...

I would just buldoze them and replace them with our own cities.

they should not be razed after all where would ocean's 12 be shot then, huh?

Hooray for Gross Fanatannia, burn them both. WE need Living Room, not a hot kitchen.

We need to keep them. If we raze the cities, we would have to rebuild all the remaining improvements that we could have got by simply marching in and taking over. The flip risk is not a major threat.

Chieftess said:
Why raze them? They're port cities!

I just can not believe our stupidity sometimes.... We want port cities, and we go ahead and vote to raze the very cities we're trying to keep...

It's true that these cities may contain buildings that we would like to keep. But they are both corrupt, and will remain corrupt even after a palace jump. The likelihood is that all we will get from those buildings is the honour of paying for their upkeep. Arnhem is on a wheat tile too. Also, Both cities will be size 10 by the time we attack. This will mean we will need to put a lot of units in the first one to quell resistance and prevent an immediate flip back, and this will reduce the number of units available to take the second and subsequent cities. Finally, it is unlikely that we will be able to pop-rush settlers from these towns because we will already be in anarchy by the time we have quelled resistance. If we raze them then we will get 4 slaves from each town and we get to site the cities in better long term positions.

To me it is no biggie either way, but razing them is less hassle and gives us the workers immediately. I don't think it is stupid.

Final tally
---------

Amsterdam: raze 10, keep 10 -> will be razed
Arnhem: raze 11, keep 9 -> will be razed

Thanks all for voting.

I'd like to call a discrepency to light.

For some reason, GAs vote was not cast. It was first incorrectly cast, then lost as it was changed. If you notice, GA declared what he wished to vote for. He wanted both to stay.

That ups it to 11 save Amst (keep) and 10 save Arn (still razed)

I wish to call this to light (I really dont want to sue anyone... just raising a point)

If you count the number of names against each main option and compare this to the number of votes:

10 names and 10 votes to raze both
8 names and 9 votes to keep both

I would guess that the unnamed vote is GA's changed one.

Perhaps a Mod could confirm this.

Furiey said:
If you count the number of names against each main option and compare this to the number of votes:

10 names and 10 votes to raze both
8 names and 9 votes to keep both

I would guess that the unnamed vote is GA's changed one.

Perhaps a Mod could confirm this.

Thank you Furiey for checking this! I'll assume for the moment that you are correct, and leave my TC instructions as they are.

There's 9 to keep both, and 1 to keep Amsterdam.

Wouldn't that be 10 to keep amsterdam and 10 to raze it?

CT: yes, plz look at the tally in my post above.

Furiey is referring to number of votes (9) not being the same as number of voters (8) listed for the option "keep both". Can you confirm that the missing voter is Ginger_Ale?

I checked after CT changed it, and when it said "4", there were three people listed, and my vote was the unnamed fourth. When in doubt, go by the number on the right, do NOT count the names.

Top Bottom