Term 3 Election Poll - Elder of Equus Aurum

Who do you want to be Elder of Equus Aurum?

• robboo

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • ordinairyguy

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Methos

HoF Quattromaster
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
Please vote for the person you feel would make the best Elder of Equus Aurum for this term.

Candidates:
  • robboo
  • ordinaryguy

The candidate with the most votes at the conclusion of the poll will be the Elder of Equus Aurum for Term 3. In the event of a tie, a run-off poll listing all tied candidates will be conducted. This will continue until we have a winner.

Poll Options:
-- Private
-- 3 days duration
-- Single choice

Eh...my name in the poll is spelled wrongly. Repoll?

For my plans and proposals, see here

Posts #16 and #17

My plans are simple..

Growth to happiness/health limit. Build a monastary and missionaries. Troops are of secondary importance here once the production city gets cranking. Settlers and workers can be built here but faster else where.

As soon as we are able we need to build a forge,to get the trade off of health for happines. Grocery, market, bank and anything else to add to the gold or science needs to be built here. Our maintenace is going to be low since we are so close to the capital, so a courthouse will not be built until such time as troops, settlers, workers or other science and commerce buildings.

Forge is first after missionaries...to speed up the builds on everything else. Temples...only if we need them.

My tile improvements first stress food to maintain and grow our population and then go to commerce expect windmills on hills instead of mines.

This is a commerce city...narrow focus. The barracks here is wasted turns due to the relatively small hammer output. Other things to build: Shrine, maybe Walls street, Acedemy and perhaps Oxford depending on if we build our capital to be a science city or a production one

Our city is starving to build a chariot in 1 turn. My suggestion in the nomination thread allows the chariot to still be built in one turn but yet does not starvation. If you look closely, I took a citizen off a gold mine which yes, will hurt our research efforts and lower our production by 2. But starving cities is not good, so I rather temporarily reduce commerce and production for growth. Once there is more happiness, the city can work the gold again.

Currently, we are already at the happiness limit and so I propose that we either convert to Confuncianism or build a temple so that the city can grow.

Monastery is a must, we need to spread our religion so that we will get the bonus from the Kong Miao later when we get a great prophet from the Oracle.

Since this city will be very much into commerce due to the eventual shrine, my plan is for all the hills to be mined and worked eventually. Let me explain. The extra gpt from the shrine can be multiplied by banks, grocers and markets. The extra trade routes from Currency will also get the benefit from these money-adding buildings. As such, I say that this city can also emphaize production.

The 2 gold is already producing a lot of commerce, so why don't we focus on production and help in building troops, settlers and workers? It doesn't take that long (see thumbnails). A worker is only 7 turns, a settler 12.

How is these to be done? Worker actions - I would build as many farms as needed to work all the hills (before Biology). Most likely, I would leave the grassland hamlet alone and let it grow to a town. A commerce city does not have to get its worth from towns or windmills. It can also get it from religion in this case.

Build queue (roughly) - monastery, missionaries, forge (then market, grocer and bank when they become available).

So in summary, this city should get its commerce from 2 gold, shrine and eventual town. It can also at the same time focus on production. Its function can be multi-purpose in nature, which is important for our civilization.

I have more detailed plans which will be revealed later, if I'm elected.

Thanks...I will strive to build a city the citizens can be proud of.

Top Bottom