Term 3 - Fanatikan National Science Department - Fanatika's Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by FortyJ

Actually, it is. It's right before Shaitan's post concerning his gubernatorial appointees.

That one is differant then the quote Cyc had.... I guess you edited it?

@ Strider - Here is 40J's quote from his post #31:

I therefore recommend switching our research efforts towards Engineering. There is a good chance that we will discover this before the AI, and can therefore trade it at a premium. Also, this would allow our knights (or swordsmen) to travel faster without the river penalty.

Post #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Then here's my quote of 40J in post #35:

Quoting 40J:

I therefore recommend switching our research efforts towards Engineering. There is a good chance that we will discover this before the AI, and can therefore trade it at a premium. Also, this would allow our knights (or swordsmen) to travel faster without the river penalty.

Actually, I agree wih you, 40J. I was leaning towards switching to Feudalism, but that may be a waste of flasks also. Engineering may also be a waste of flasks, but it probably a better bet. I'm hoping that two civs will get Monarchy before the next 40 turns (40T ), and we collect it that way. Hopefully we'll have a Great Leader to build the Hanging Gardens. But back on subject, I agree with switching to Engineering.

Post #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

It's one of those new, fancy scientific things :) .

Whoa.... Got confusing along their....

I say we just let the AI do everything for us. With a 40 turn research rate and 16 other civs what is the chance of us getting a tech before another AI?

With all civs at the same level, not much. However, several civs are behind us now in tech, and only a half-dozen or so are even with us. Chances are they will pursue Monarchy or Republic and eventually go after Feudalism and Chivalry. We actually do have a good opportunity here to get a tech before any of the AI even at our abyssmal 40 turn rate.

We should switch immediately to Engineering before we waste even 1 beaker on a tech that the other AIs will certainly beat us to.

Originally posted by FortyJ
With all civs at the same level, not much. However, several civs are behind us now in tech, and only a half-dozen or so are even with us. Chances are they will pursue Monarchy or Republic and eventually go after Feudalism and Chivalry. We actually do have a good opportunity here to get a tech before any of the AI even at our abyssmal 40 turn rate.

We should switch immediately to Engineering before we waste even 1 beaker on a tech that the other AIs will certainly beat us to.

That will go immediantly into my instructions. ;)

I've just had a chance to review the save (we saved off and closed immediately when the current turn started). The Romans, Zulu, China, Egypt and Greece have all learned Monarchy this turn. That means we will be getting it next turn.

Good work switching us off of Monarchy! :goodjob:

Originally posted by Shaitan
I've just had a chance to review the save (we saved off and closed immediately when the current turn started). The Romans, Zulu, China, Egypt and Greece have all learned Monarchy this turn. That means we will be getting it next turn.

Good work switching us off of Monarchy! :goodjob:

Yup... Thanks alot FortyJ....

I didn't know that we could switch to engeenering ((didn't even to think about it), but if I did I probley wouldn't have done anything anywar, because of the major monarcy vs lit debate that happened.

And don't even think about trying to take my science office.... I want to keep it :)

Originally posted by gunning1
Just heard that you are going to stay. I am very glad. :D Welcome back!

Yeah....., but I never really left.... So you can't really welcome me back....

Strider, I am interested in being a Science Chat Rep :). I would like to be the Science Chat rep to help when Gunning has to split his duties between the Military Dept and the Science Dept like on what happened on the last turn chat :). Thanks :).

Originally posted by CivGeneral
Strider, I am interested in being a Science Chat Rep :). I would like to be the Science Chat rep to help when Gunning has to split his duties between the Military Dept and the Science Dept like on what happened on the last turn chat :). Thanks :).

Sure :)

What techs do we have? What is our short list for research? Our long term list? The polls listed in post 1 are generally out of date or not applicable.

It's great that you are posting lots of polls but we really need you to take care of Science first.

I would like to now the techs we actually have at the moment... could you provide us with a updated list?
And also i would like to know what we research now and how many turns it would take as well as which queue is in the save.

Thank you.

The poll to switch to Monarchy in the upcoming chat is overwhelmingly in favor. LINK. All Leaders and citizens should make plans with the knowledge that we will be entering anarchy en route to Monarchy during the next chat.

I will be gone November 27- 29. My deputy will take over in the time I am gone...

Thanks, Strider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom