Term 3- Foreign Affairs: Fighting the Dragon

Zarn

Le Républicain Catholique
I'm the Foreign Affairs Minister, Zarn. Thank you for my re-election. As you have noticed we are in troubled times. The troublemakers, GCA have been aggressive throughtout the game, declared war on us, and are threatening our homeland. CDG promised an alliance against GCA, and we are hoping for a victory. We have an ally. We will try to get the cooperation of Apolyton as well, though they seem to be in their own world right now.

We have rather healthy relations with CDG and Apolyton.

Since we are at war (and even before that), we don't seem to get along with GCA that much.

Term 3 Ambassadors

Apolyton (Poly): Octavian X Ambassador's thread
Peace, Ally, Friend

Gamecatcher (GCA): Gingerbread Man
'Peace', Enemy

German Webring Team (GWT): DuckofFlanders
Peace

Destroyed Teams
Elucidia (CDG)
French Team
Firaxis

I suggest that the ambassadors present themselves to the other teams along as inform them of the Prez, VP, and myself.

Of course, if there are any comments, questions, etc..., let me know.

Well, going to make contact with Elucida and inform them that I will be their new ambassador. Wish me luck!
**Dons her chainmail and hauberk, whistling "Johnny Comes Marching Home" while she does**

Please look at Forty's post here Veera. Please, set up the time for that chat for anytime tomorrow if you can. I will try to be there. It depends on the computer that I have access to. Good luck.

Use some of your charms and find out what on God's earth is happening over there will ya?

Good luck... We're all praying that you return with great news.

I'll try my best... Now if only I could get a hold of any of 'em >_<
Who should I attempt to contact in Elucida?

Kentonio and Micealis Rex (I know I misspelled that) are you're best bets. It'd be best to PM them at their forum...
------
BTW, Zarn, what do you think about having the FA Ministry publish a report on our new government, and post it at 1BC?

Alright, I've fired off a PM to Micealis and I hope to receive a reply soon.

@Octavian: I think it's a grand idea (and will do it myself), but do you think we should wait for a science minister?

@Veera: I hope so, too.

The Science Minister can wait. Besides, we haven't seen hide nor hair of GBM for the past few days (If you'll recall, as Minister of Domestic Affairs, he appoints the sci. Minister).

Be sure to link to the Constitution...

Actually. my main reasoning for posting this kind of thing is to test the viability of a regular publication reporting our news (with our spin ;)) to the world...

Zarn
Congratulations on your re-election to this distinguished post. I know that we will all be asking much from this office this term, but I am confident that you and your staff can handle everything just fine.

I think Octavian's idea of a news bulletin would be a great idea, but should we get Mongoose's OK before posting it in the forum? Just a thought. If he says go for it, then we should try to post regularly there. Propaganda in its purest form.... :D Of course, we should come up with a name for these news dispatches, like The Fanatic or something similar.

Update!

Here's a chat log from a discussion I had with Kentonio earlier today. Doom and gloom friends.... Doom and gloom.... :(

EDIT: After some complaints about the native format of my chat log, I converted it to a text based file.

@Zarn - Is there a possibility for me to team up with one of the Ambassadors. I can help the Ambassadors since I have some experiance. Please let me know if the Assistant Ambassadorship is possible.

Thanks.

I don't think I have the authority to make a new position, but you going as the Minister of Defense should be reason enough to talk to them (for a at least war plans). Right now, I need to keep CDG fighting and get Poly on our side. I am going to read that chat log, now.

Originally posted by FortyJ
I think Octavian's idea of a news bulletin would be a great idea, but should we get Mongoose's OK before posting it in the forum? Just a thought. If he says go for it, then we should try to post regularly there. Propaganda in its purest form.... :D Of course, we should come up with a name for these news dispatches, like The Fanatic or something similar. [/B]

I talked to Mongoose about it a few days ago. So long as we have the approval of our neighbors to publish the fact that we know them, it should be fine.

Originally posted by Octavian X
So long as we have the approval of our neighbors to publish the fact that we know them, it should be fine.
Does this bother anyone else, or is it just me? Why should we have to get permission to announce something like that?

Granted, we held back such information in the past as a courtesy to those who requested it of us, but why should we be forced to obtain permission to announce to the world what knowledge we have?

I am now listing the adminisration in the United Nations forum. I will not tell them our ambassadors for it would be giving away our contacts.

might I make a suggestion, could you have a list of all foreign civs and our current relations lvl with them.

ie.
Poly: Military Ally
GC: Neutral
English: Uneasy, Etc.

Post updated, Falcon.:goodjob:

Top Bottom