Term 3 - Military Department - The Bird of Prey Returns to his Perch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Victory is at hand!

We must take the Aztec's genrous peace proposal and prepare for the next war and work on infrastructure.

And now that we have a victorious Army we must discuss building the Heroic Epic.

i second falcon2 proposal. now lets put it up for an immediate official poll after 24h "discussion" (=putting up the poll options directly as proposal).

Well done to the Prez and the Gen! The war has been brought to exactly the kind of conclusion we hoped for.

Japan or America? OR Japan and America Hehehehe!!!

More seriously though, the Prez has asked us to start thinking about some plans for attack and defence re the Japanese and Americans. As a premise, I guess that we basically do not want to be in a position where we are at war with both opponents at the same time. (Hmm Fanatika caught in a two front war ? - large glass of deja vu anyone? The drinks are on von Schleiffen.)

If we can avoid the 2 front war, which I would very strongly recommend, then I suppose what we are looking at is a defensive stance (coupled with cultural improvements) on one front, and aggressive military build up on the other. Simple really!

What the military Dept. will need to know is which front will be which. As soon as we know this we can start planning the deployment of the appropriate units to the relevant sectors. Guidance from the FA and the President's office is needed.

In the meantime some more roads, connecting our now quite spread out territories, are a high priority.

second question, when and how much of our resources will be put twoards preperations?

One thing we can try to plan out is our continued military build up.

I'm going to download and load the save soon to try to develop stradegies for both wars. I think our planning will be more complete with more maps though.

I would like us to concentrate on building horsemen. Axe the sword program for the moment and concentrate on spears and horses. Spears can be used to free up the existing swords that are garrisoning cities. I think our build strategy should continue as it is - new military assault forces in proportion to settler/spear teams.

I just got another Idea, from a game I'm playing now. If we get peace with Monty, we could get him to get a military Alliance against our next enemy.

As occured in my current game (regent) it's possible they could later come back and beg us to continue it (assuming they survive our enemy) and we can extort them for all their worth... again.

We probobly won't do this, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Shaitan
I agree that Horsemen should be our primary military unit for the time being with the intent to upgrade them en-masse to Knights later.

Falcon
I believe we need to have an embassy established with them to sign a military alliance, which we do not have with Azteca.

Also, have we given any thought to securing access to a second source of iron? If we are to get involved in another war soon, it would prove terribly unfortunate if we accidentally used up our source of iron under Morgana, especially if it occured moments before we could upgrade our horsement to knights.

Yes, Cavalry is the Future! Swordmen will eventually be disbanded, but that's LONG in the future.

40, you bring up a good point. There's a iron tile to the north of Valhalla, we could grab, I'll try to remember to petition Domestic later to request it. Also, We could do this AFTER the peace agreement, however I don't think it would really be too productive, I was just throwing it out there.

I have posted Quick Polls to decide the placement of the first, second and third cities during the upcoming November 8th turn chat. These polls have been set to remain open for 24 hours only, so please vote as soon as possible to ensure the cities are built in the right place at the right time!

I have one problem -

if we make peace with the Aztecs then they will always hate us. Then going into war with another civillization would make it probabal for the Aztecs signing a military allience against us! This would mean fighting a war on two fronts why not just finish them off now.

A.) World Map

B.) Get techs not initially given by GL when it comes into effect

C.) Monty's Nice????

Okay maybe C isn't accurate and A and B are conditional on how valuable the stuff they give us is. Aside from that and the Reputation Hit, I'm for finishing them off, I just have a feeling they have a better map of Japan then we have and if we're gonna attack Japan we're gonna need more info, and America's Map while sufficient isn't as good as I'd like.

So I'm open to either side, but I think peace would give us a better result.

I have made my decision on appointees for the 2 planned Provincial Governor positions. donsig will be presented as Governor of the SouthWest Province and Cyc will be presented as Governor of the SouthEast Province. Many factors went into these decisions including the citizen feedback poll, my personal experience working with them on various projects and a mandate to get and keep both of them in official office.

FionnMcCumhall will be named to the Northern Province as soon as that province has another city. My personal feeling is that must happen very quickly. It is seriously underdeveloped and within the Capital's reduced corruption range.

All Department Leaders should respond to these 2 polls:
Confirmation for donsig to SouthWest Province
Confirmation of Cyc to SouthEast Province

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom