Term 3 - Military Department - The Bird of Prey Returns to his Perch

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in desperate need of a troop requirements analysis. We have a critical lack of spearmen to relieve sword garrisons and nowhere near enough horsemen for a fast offensive against Japan.

Japs have 19 cities, which suggests a minimum of that # of units.

we have 11 swords, and 3 horsemen, so, I'd suggest building 12 more horsemen for a total of 11 swords and 15 horsemen (26 total units). This should prove more than efficient.

We could build only about 7 - 10 horsemen, however I'd prefer a number near 15. Problem is that will take a while, esp. with only 2 cities on Horsemen.

The Red arrows are our two horsemen... I believe horsemen have 2 movement points. The first horsemen is 2 tiles away . We will not be able to attack that city the same turn we attack. Which might be a bad thing. I would suggest we move it up one for then we can attack the same turn. The second horseman is not needed up by are army... Are army should be able to handle that city by itself and I doubt that the swordsman and horsmen on the other city can take it.

The blue arrows shows where we can move are army for better defense and to replace the missing horsemen.

The yellow arrow is just the swordman movement.

Any Comments?

This suggestion is good. I would go with Strider's suggestions since we can capture the two cities with miniummum losses. The Army can hold on its own while attacking Sapporo. The swordsmen and Horsemen attcking izumo would prevent any Japanese units from sneeking behind our attack force :).

Originally posted by CivGeneral
This suggestion is good. I would go with Strider's suggestions since we can capture the two cities with miniummum losses. The Army can hold on its own while attacking Sapporo. The swordsmen and Horsemen attcking izumo would prevent any Japanese units from sneeking behind our attack force :).

I was also thinking that after that we can heal the horsemen and use the swordman for defesne of that town till a spearman is built. Once that is done he can be used as a mop or something of the kind.

Originally posted by Strider
I was also thinking that after that we can heal the horsemen and use the swordman for defesne of that town till a spearman is built. Once that is done he can be used as a mop or something of the kind.

Good plan :). Use the city as a Medic station for the horsemen, once fully healed, send the horsemen to harras more units :D.

Falcon02, I am interested in being a Military Chat Rep :). I would like to be the Military Chat rep to help when Gunning has to split his duties between the Military Dept and the Science Dept like on what happened on the last turn chat :). Thanks :).

Civ General, if you'd like to be Mil. Chat Rep. you've got the job, I can't attend and you've served me and Fanatika well before

Strider, I agree with your plan.

We'll also need to cut off their iron ASAP. Pikes will be built soon, and there's one iron source within reach. I propose a horseman or two to go in behind enemy lines and pillage the iron near Osaka. They can also serve as a lure for the Japanese troops while we advance.

Due to the illegal use of espionage by a citizen of Fanatika to spy on a Japanese city outside of the official game turn, the Chief Justice office has imposed these immediate steps to address the situation:

Chief Justice Actions

1) The use of the save file generated by Stuck as a Mac is strictly forbidden.

2) That file shall NOT be loaded to this site, nor shall the information gained from that espionage be discussed as part of plans for our nation.

Please see the Judicary thread for details.

Bill
Chief Justice

The poll to switch to Monarchy in the upcoming chat is overwhelmingly in favor. LINK. All Leaders and citizens should make plans with the knowledge that we will be entering anarchy en route to Monarchy during the next chat.

WAR WITH THE JAPS HAS COME

Octavian X didn't follow my Map horse movement request. My fault, should have been more vocal when I tried to bring it to his attention.

We must now work on our Battle plans, here's my proposal.

1.) move 3 Horse group on mountian north of Sapporo south to cut off THAT iron
2.) move 3 vet swords down to Izumo
3.) move rest of swords on Sapporo
4.) move 1 horse on the mountian NE of Sapporo to take Workers
5.) make Bee line for Osaka and attempt to build road to Sapporo and reinforce with Spears

My greatest concern with the "Beeline, is Culture flips :(. the only way to preven that I can see is Raze Kyoto and Satsuma, but I think they'd be more helpful if we can hold onto them.

EDIT: I also Would like FA to look into getting Military Alliances against the Japs. Let's hear it for "DOMINO WAR 2: The Western War vs. Japan"

Coming to a Theater Near you!

Also, any GL we get from this I would like see go to Sun Tzu's or Leo's Workshop.

I have also proposed a name for this war....

"Operation Baka Nippon"

Japanese Translation - "Operation Idiot/Foolish Japan" (of course the "Operation" is is english in both, but you get the Idea.

As I will be a member of this office for in the next term, I shall hopefully try to get things rolling for the next turnchat(if it's not too late):

1. We have 4 French swordsmen just outside Padmativa, plus a host of others. We need to open a discussion about the possible ways this could play out.

2. We have left 5 workers unprotected on our front lines in Japan.

3. We need to discuss our next move. Hopefully everyone knows that we can't just march up to Kyoto and take a size 8 city(+50% defense) that sits across a river(+another 50% defense); that we will have to find a way around the river or invest in some serious casualties.

We need to defend Fanatika from all sides. Would Cleveland exist within our borders if we felt enough confidence in our eastern defense to kick the Americans out ahead of time? What will we do with the French in the case they demand all we have --- give in or fight? Ally to domino the Americans?

I used these points with no success in my Term 4 bid for this office, but my impending loss in the election does not make these oversights any less valid.

Acting as a citizen, I present these situations to the Military Office for discussion. And as Military Deputy for the coming term, I will make sure that subtle points like these get addressed shortly after turnchats end, rather than 3 days later(or never?).

I look forward to serving under Falcon02....it should prove to be quite interesting. Stay tuned.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom