1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 3 Nomination Thread - Chief Justice

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy Game II' started by Methos, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Position: Chief Justice

This is the Nomination thread for the office of Chief Justice.

The Chief Justice is the head of the Judiciary and responsible for creating the procedures the Judiciary will use for that term. As with all members of the Judiciary, the Chief Justice will resolve and clarify any questions of our laws, investigate any possible violations of the laws and review amendments to the Constitution.

To nominate a citizen for Chief Justice, including yourself, post the name in this thread or PM Methos. Self-nominations are considered automatically accepted unless indicated otherwise. Citizens may only accept one nomination.

All citizens are encouraged to post questions to the nominees about their plans and qualifications for the office. Nominees are encouraged, but not required, to answer these questions.

The nominations thread will close by 2:00 pm (1900 GMT) on April 25th.

Good Luck,
    Methos

2. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

As I have served two terms in office, I cannot run for the Chief Justice election this term. So just in case anyone offers, I decline. :)

I will, however, nominate two individuals to this office.

donsig - As the crafter of our Constitution, there is no other person I feel is more qualified or deserving than he.

Gaidynne - During this term, he and I had some interesting discussions about the role of the Judiciary. I would like to see a debate between he and donsig about this, and determine the role of the Judiciary for the next term. It's obvious that he will put effort forth, and has a solid, logical basis for his views.

-- Ravensfire

3. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

I would like to second the nomination of donsig

4. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Thanks, but I'm going to decline the nomination. I'd be happy be serve again as a pro tem if the need arises.

5. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

What! I wasn't expecting that!

In my opinion, you made an excellent pro tem during Term 2. Thanks for the help Donsig!

6. Falcon02

Falcon02 General

I would like to Nominate Octavian X to Chief Justice

7. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Thanks, Falcon. I'll accept the nomination!

Of course, I am very willing to field questions about my candidacy - if you have any, feel free to post them in this thread, or to contact me privately should you so desire.

8. Gaidynne

Gaidynne Chieftain

Raven: Thank you for the nomination, but I must respectfully decline. I am actually in trial in real life and time is at a premium at the moment. Maybe next term around I will be able to participate more fully and could consider holding office then.

Gaidynne