1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 3 Nomination Thread - Office of Warlord

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy Game II' started by Methos, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Position: Warlord

This is the Nomination thread for the office of Warlord.

The Warlord is the supreme leader of our military.

To nominate a citizen for Warlord, including yourself, post the name in this thread or PM Methos. Self-nominations are considered automatically accepted unless indicated otherwise. Citizens may only accept one nomination.

All citizens are encouraged to post questions to the nominees about their plans and qualifications for the office. Nominees are encouraged, but not required, to answer these questions.

The nominations thread will close by 2:00 pm (1900 GMT) on April 25th.

Good Luck,
    Methos

2. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I nominate Falcon02. He was doing a great job during Term 2 and he only got to hold the office for a partial term. Let's let him show his strengths for all of Term 3!

3. Falcon02

Falcon02 General

I shall accept my nomination.

Thanks Methos.

4. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I would like to nominate ori, who had some good comments in the "amendments to the warlord" thread.

5. fed1943

fed1943 Emperor

Warlords, please:

While at peace, how many and which units do you request now and next (you

may replace "next" by the figures you want) turns?

Best regards,

6. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity Retired Moderator

Dear Warlord Candidates,

Do you plan on waging war against the French?
    If so, when approximately (number of turns)? What will be your goals for the war, total destruction or a small war knocking out the 2 border cities and capturing Orleans? How many units (and which types of units) do you think you'll need for that?
    If not, why not?

7. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

:blush:
    I am honored and still have to decline - As of Mid-May I'll relocate to the US and won't have regular Internet access (outside of work) until probably End of June... This will probably limit my participation in this demogame and won't allow for the duties of any office...

8. Falcon02

Falcon02 General

Even though it appears I have won by default, I will attempt to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Honestly, I don't like being so specific as a lot of it depends on the impression other Civs give us. However, I'd like minimum of one defensive unit in each city, preferably 2, and definitively two on our border cities. Along with that 1-2 Defensive units on vital resources (aka. Copper, Horses, Iron) particularly those close to enemy territory (our Horses are relatively safe). So right now I would like more Archers. Also once we get the Copper hooked up we should start building Axemen. And once we get HBR we should start Keshik production.

However, Elders are fairly good at anticipating our military needs, and once our military is back up to par I don't expect to have to do much active "requesting." I will however if I see an Elder who is either completely ignoring military production or building unnecessary units, or I feel we've got a bit of a Military emergency (like our poor defenses). I believe it is important for Elders to maintain general autonomy. Also, any good Military leader needs to keep the importance of civilian production, without a good economy we can not support our troops effectively, and establish and maintain a tech lead.

Whether I want to declare war on the French is unimportant, it only matters if the citizens want to declare war on the French, any declaration of war will be polled before we make a decision to do so. That said... I personally think France is a major threat to us right now, and I think in the future (once we have the forces) we should attack to try to keep them in check.

When I feel our units are ready for an offensive (still a bit of a ways off).

Right now I'm leaning towards the small war, take out the two border cities at least, and probably Orleans. The rest really depends on what's in the Fog, if all that's left is Paris.... why not... Or if they have some sort of resource we want... we'll take it...

It also depends on France's Forces... we may only be able to take a few cities and then set up defensive perimeters and then have to get peace.

All types really, how many... I don't really feel like we know enough about France to nail those down.

Swordsmen (assuming we get Iron) for City attacking
    Axemen to take out Melee defenders
    Keshiks for quickly taking out strategic resources and then supporting the assaulting force.