1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 3 Nomination Thread - Public Defender

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy Game II' started by Methos, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Position: Public Defender

This is the Nomination thread for the office of Public Defender.

The Public Defender is a member of the Judiciary. As with all members of the Judiciary, the Public Defender will resolve and clarify any questions of our laws, investigate any possible violations of the laws and review amendments to the Constitution. The Public Defender is also responsible for providing any citizen accused of violating a rule with representation during a trial, unless that citizen wishes otherwise.

To nominate a citizen for Public Defender, including yourself, post the name in this thread or PM Methos. Self-nominations are considered automatically accepted unless indicated otherwise. Citizens may only accept one nomination.

All citizens are encouraged to post questions to the nominees about their plans and qualifications for the office. Nominees are encouraged, but not required, to answer these questions.

The nominations thread will close by 2:00 pm (1900 GMT) on April 25th.

Good Luck,
    Methos

2. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

I nominate myself and accept!

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I'd nominate Lockesdonkey

4. Lockesdonkey

Lockesdonkey Liberal Jihadist

Accepted. Thank you.

5. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

A request of the candidates! There is a Judicial Review underway in the Judiciary thread over the validity of the election rule against running for a third term. I ask the candidates to comment on this current question before the court, so the voters can get a better idea of how you view judicial matters.

6. Lockesdonkey

Lockesdonkey Liberal Jihadist

I would love to inject more into the conversation, but I found that everything that needed saying had already been said, so I simply concurred. I would ask voters to consult earlier rulings for a more representative view of my judicial philosophy.