Term 3: Nominations

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
These are the positions, as well as the candidates for each.

-President
  • FortyJ
  • Zarn
  • Octavian X
-Vice President
  • CivGeneral
  • Octavian X
  • Chieftess
-Minister of Domestic Affairs
  • Gingerbread Man
  • Octavian X
-Minister of Foreign Affairs
  • Zarn
  • Goonie
-Minister of Defense
  • CivGeneral
-Minister of Science
  • -
-Justice of the Court
  • Vander
-Ambassador to Apolyton
  • Octavian X
-Ambassador to the Gamecatcher Alliance
  • Gingerbread Man
-Ambassador to Elucidia
  • Veera Anlai

Nominate away! Elections start after turn 86.

I would like to nominate FortyJ for President. :thumbsup:

I nominate...

... Zarn for Foreign Affairs. :p
... CivGeneral for Defense.
... Octavian X for Domestic Affairs.
... Veera Anlai for Justice of the Court.

I 2nd Forty for President.

I accept my Nomination for Minister of Defense, and I would like to Nominate myself for Vice President :). I would like to Second Zarn for FA :).

Let's see...

I accept the Domestic Ministry Nomination. I also announce my own candidacy for President and Ambassador to Apolyton.

I have proven my worth in the Domestic Ministry over this term, and as a reliable DP. I also have close ties with many Apolytonian citizens..

----

Elections will begin after Turn 86.

I would like to go for domestic affairs. Why, you ask?

It sometimes feels as if some of these positions are ignored. The Judiciary, Science, and domestic departments seem to be missing in action. Their threads have well and truly dropped of the end of the page, and I haven't seen any official instructions from them.

You may notice that I spoke in every turn thread this turn (I think, except 1 or 2). I posted many official instructions there. Sure, I was supposed to put them in the instruction thread, which is very neglected, but if I put them there, not one citizen, bar the president, would look at them. I put the effort to make queues, even though most of them were quickly over-ridden and forgotten.

I didn't forget neglect my position. And now that the Domestic office is swallowing governors, I have even more fitting skills there.

Vote #1 GBM for domestic!

Oh, and shouldn't we have started each nomination its own thread? This will fill up this thread quickly, and campaigns like mine will clog it up.

It sometimes feels as if some of these positions are ignored. The Judiciary, Science, and domestic departments seem to be missing in action. Their threads have well and truly dropped of the end of the page, and I haven't seen any official instructions from them.

Heh, you're right about that, especially for Justice... Justice doesn't have much to do in this MSDG, which considering the problems of the normal DG, is a good thing ^_^;
As for nominations...

I'll second Octavian's nomination for President, and I would like to nominate myself for the position of Ambassador to Elucidia.

I'll decline the nomination for Justice: I have no wish to ever have a judicial position after my past experiences in the field. Thanks for the confidence boost though :)

Allright, I will 2nd you there Veera and CG for VP.

Sheesh. You guys are hard to please.

I will also make a stretch for president. I don't plan on winning, but it would be fun to be in the presidental election. :goodjob:

I'll jump up for the Justice Position; even if I'll just sit in my chambers all day with no one to visit me...

Am I to understand that the VP position is an elected position and not the "runner-up" in the Presidential election. Very interesting indeed....
  • I accept my nomination as President.
  • For VP, I wish to nominate Cyc and Chieftess.
  • For Minister of Domestic Affairs, I wish to nominate Chieftess and nth Octavian.
  • For Foreign Affairs, I wish to nth Zarn and nominate Chieftess.
  • For Minister of Defense, I wish to nominate Fier Canadien and nth CivGeneral.
  • For Minister of Science, I wish to nominate Hygro and Vander.
  • For Justice of the Courts, I wish to nth Veera and nominate Cyc.
I'm abstaining from the Ambassadorial nominations... I still believe these should be appointed positions....

Oh! ...and for all you that I nominated but don't have PTW... tough.... ;) Not having PTW only means you can't play the save. You can still be great in whatever position you end up holding.

Thank you for the nomination, FortyJ. I must decline. I have accepted the positon of Science Leader in the SPDG and this as well as being Mayor of Fanatica's leading city, Gorina keeps me pretty busy. Also, I'm a little tired of Veera's constant badgering, I've got better things to do than listen to her.

I will nominate Octavian X for Vice President. I realize he's running for President, but I don't think there is a law that states one can't run for both positions.

How many days to decide if I want to accept a nomination? I might want to be Minister of Science, but I might not.

Wait we are on 1.21 arent we... that's a good thing if so

FortyJ: While you were away, we got a constitutional amendment passed, dropping the trade and culture spots, and adding a VP. The Vice President is a position onto itself, seperately elected. He can act as an ambassador, and is a voting member of the council (a new power of the President, as well).

Cyc: I'm honored, I'll accept the VP nomination. :)

PS: To all potential candidates: the GCA Embassy doesn't have a nominated sucessor as of yet. ;)

I dont think we'll need an embassy with them any more, however, If you want to avoid contact with them, I'm your man! seeing I'm always on the board when no-one else is, they'll never get to talk to me!

And I nth everyone.

We should still have an ambassador to them, even if he or she has presently been recalled and we are not currently negotiating with them.

FA for me please.

CAMP CHANGEOVER

I still have another week at camp.

Notice the camp changeover. I go back in 3 hours :D!

Top Bottom