Term 3: The Southwest Province

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. I queued up spearmen in Bremershaven since one can be outfitted every 5 turns and already has a barracks. Would you prefer that we immediately recruit horsemen n Bremershaven?

My gut reaction is yes. We need horses for the offensive. The problem is there needs to be cooperation between the provinces (and Domestic) for the overall build scheme.

Horses pouring out of Bremershaven would make me happy though. :)

Oh well, Congrats.

Name suggestions:

Öffentlichkeit-Untersuchung
Allgemeine-Untersuchung
Öffentlichkeituntersuchungland
Allgemeineuntersuchungland

Fitting of a Donsig-run province, methinks....

Originally posted by Shaitan
Mr. Governor, we are critically short of spearmen to relieve our veteran swordsmen from garrison duty as well as horsemen for our offensive against Japan. Please take this into consideration when planning your build queues.

After writing DFZ #21 and updating the city info in this very thread I find this request highly amusing, Mr. President. This post in the turn chat instruction thread called for Bremershaven to begin recruiting spearmen after completing Fanatika's first library. This was not done, the old queue remained in place and settlers were recruited instead. Upon reading the chat log I see no over-ride of SW province build queues. I am assuming the executive office did not bother to change the build queues for this province. I prefer to look at this as a case of oversight rather than an unconstitutional over-ride of a governor's queues. In the future I do hope the President will look at each governor's build queues and verify that each queue in the turn chat instructions matches the queues actually spooled up in the Civ 3 game. :)

Originally posted by Shaitan
How about Endsieg? (means Ultimate Victory)

Not bad, Mr. President, but how about Von Sieg(meaning "of/from victory")? While I believe our "endsieg" still lies far ahead of us, this province can still show it's pride in our military with this name.

Also, many thanks to everyone who supported my Lt. Governor confirmation with their votes, and thanks to donsig for having faith in my as yet unproven abilities. I will try my best to uphold the standards of all before me who have made Fanatika the great nation it is today.

@donsig, I will report to this office with regularity from this point forward. Please feel free to PM me if the need arises.

Originally posted by donsig

After writing DFZ #21 and updating the city info in this very thread I find this request highly amusing, Mr. President. This post in the turn chat instruction thread called for Bremershaven to begin recruiting spearmen after completing Fanatika's first library. This was not done, the old queue remained in place and settlers were recruited instead. Upon reading the chat log I see no over-ride of SW province build queues. I am assuming the executive office did not bother to change the build queues for this province. I prefer to look at this as a case of oversight rather than an unconstitutional over-ride of a governor's queues. In the future I do hope the President will look at each governor's build queues and verify that each queue in the turn chat instructions matches the queues actually spooled up in the Civ 3 game. :)
Doh! It was indeed an oversight. I loaded the instruction thread at about quarter after 3 while preparing for the chat. It never occured to me that there might be an instruction change at that hour. As I can't do the easy upload from my home PC I send the files to disorganizer to post so I never happened to refresh that thread.

I'll be sure to refresh the instruction thread at 4:15 from now on. ;)

Perhaps the fates were working here though. If we hadn't had this disconnect we would not now have a settler ready to counter the American intrusion and siezure of our northern iron.

The fates have indeed been kind to us. I posted the chat instructions right before leaving work that morning. You'd think we were in two different time zones since one of us ending his day and the other was just starting his! I was wondering if you checked the build queues or just looked for changes, but now I see that you didn't even see the post at the time. I have switched tactics. I'm posting queues right away now, then I will edit them if citizens demand changes. :)

New City Placement
Because of a discussion in the New City Placement thread in the Citizen's sub-forum, an informational/discussion thread has been started at this link to the citizen's sub-forum. There is a map and explaination of a redirect for the Settler/Spear combo in Eklektochtitlan to the Dyes in the South. The Dye city has not yet been polled, but should be soon. The Dye city will be placed outside any known Province and will fall under control of the Domestic Department. This new city placement (if approved) should start discussion on a new Province to the South.

In doing maps for the RPG land office, I noticed that 3 of our cities are involved in some sort of geographical hokey pokey - with one foot in and one foot out of the province. donsig, I hope I am not overstepping my bounds by requesting that FortyJ draw up a border proposal not unlike the one which allowed Penguin to join the Taliesin Province.

Which brings me to my next point. Citizens, we are still looking for suggestions on what to name the province. Please post here for the next 24 hours and I will speak with the Governor to decide how we will handle the naming process.

The Province of (to be determined) thanks you.

A quick poll on the Settler redirect has been set up in the poll sub-forum LINK! . Please Vote!

Hmmm... Eklektochtitlan still working on a library. seems the build queues still are not in place. :(

Donovan Zoi. Would you please post a poll about naming our province? Please use some of the names suggested here and include an *other* option in case someone wants to suggest something else. Thanks!

The poll to switch to Monarchy in the upcoming chat is overwhelmingly in favor. LINK. All Leaders and citizens should make plans with the knowledge that we will be entering anarchy en route to Monarchy during the next chat.

@Shaitan - the poll in question was informational. I must now consult with Governor donsig on this matter. I have previously addressed my apprehension in regards to this name choice and shall voice my concerns to him as well. However, his is the final say. Stay tuned, king....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom