Term 4 Domestic Advisor Elections

Who has got the Domestic appliance to do this job?

• GaryNemo

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • naervod

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke o' york

It don't mean a thing....
The Ministry of the Interior has been in a fever of activity in recent weeks as new cities are founded all the time, and more troops are required to pursue our war against the Viking invaders. Now that we are able to build ships to take the war to them, will this mean that we may have to make cutbacks on the Domestic front? And who could we possibly get to manage them?

GaryNemohas been keeping the home office fires burning throughout the last term of government and has decided that he enjoyed it so much, he wants to stay on! :)hmm:;))
However, it will not be so simple for the filler city fuhrer as a new challenger has announced himself to the people, hoping to engage them (and more specifically their votes) for his campaign.
naervod may be a relative unknown in these parts, but he has been very active in the Civ 3 Demo game of late and is in line for the Judge Advocate's job there (whatever one of those is).

Elections stay open until Friday morning so don't hang around. Election promises can be posted here, but please try to meet them or your reputations may not stay spotless for long and you'll need an Eiffel Tower (or a prolonged series of gifting, which would be my preference) to rescue it. :)

I have cast my vote for myself. My campaign slogans remain "F4 in Term 4!" and "Filler Filler FILLER". Notice that even Rout is now considering my River Bridge Filler for Boreum, because that city site has merit in avoiding the need for so many roads.

I appreciate your vote, and pledge to recommend the will of the people.

Since the Nominations thread has been rightly closed, I will clarify my Governor Pool Concept, which if elected I will implement. The purpose of the Governor Pool is to provide effective democratic governance, maintain the frantic pace of this game, and yet not be a long-term burden to any potential citizen.

1. All citizens may vote in all polls.
2. I will retain the post of Aonia Province Governor.
3. I will appoint a Pool of Governors. PM or ICQ anytime to apply.

4. Once our President posts the new Turn Thread, a potential governor may download the game, and post in Turn Thread that they will manage a particular Province throughout that turn. Please refresh the forum list to avoid duplication. That governor will promptly post some analysis and a poll, or at least some poll ideas.

Further, the Gotm20 results have been posted by Our Great Duke, and Elsaak nudged me out of fifth place. Therefore, I hope he's running somewhere so you can vote for him too!

Vote MonkE for President!

I was just going to post some clarification for the governorships. Since we don't have loads of players like the Civ 3 game does then our governorships were usually appointed to whoever volunteered. The Domestic Advisor is very welcome to nominate governors if he so wishes, but if they don't accept then it's back to volunteering!

[edit]: Oh yeah - I apologise to naervod for misspelling his name in the poll. I put a capital N and then remembered that it's got a lower case one but somehow left the capital in. D'oh!

GaryNemo, I'm very proud of this short victory on the model your are for all us.... ;)

What do you exactlly mean by "F4 in Term 4"...?

Vote MonkE for President!

Elsaak, I think "F4 in Term 4" is mentioned in a recent Fanatical Newspaper article, written by The Domestic Advisor within the past few weeks. That might explain it!

The F4 proposed city site is Forest, in Aonia Province, 3NW of REGIA CIVITAS. It could be a Caravan producer, for the good of all NUF, but is presently merely enjoyment for people like me who dream of Filler cities.

Well I'm not even sure if naervod wants to be Domestic Advisor. He has asked what version of Civ 3 is required to play this game, so maybe he hasn't got Civ 2 at all! His sig suggests that he used to play it, but he seems to be mainly a Civ 3 player.
naervod! Post here if you still want to do the job! :)

i still want the job. i was wondering because i have an old version of civ 2 and was wondering where i could update it.

That's good, naervod. The old version will work. Somewhere here, I believe in "Game Information" is info about game versions. What is important is that you can download the game and run it, to see about Build Q's, serfs & productivity, happiness, unit supported home cities and such. I am glad you have already resolved that. ... The President can not use Civ2MGE, the Multi-Player version, because other Citizens could not then open the saved Game.

Even if I am elected, you are welcome as a Provincial Governor. The details are being resolved by Our Great Duke, and you would be Deputy Domestic Advisor in any event. Please go ahead and post some ideas, as if you were playing the game yourself, but not having moved anything to explore or whatnot (per "What is the Democracy Game" and "Game Information, Constitution"). Jayne will move in a few hours, we will have a new Turn Thread, and all comments are welcome.

Thanks. I would like to be provincial governor, but I read the Constitution and it says that you would be governor of capital and the others are elected. But, if I can be provincial governor that'd be great. I look forward to working with you in the Domestic Department.

Oh by the way, when I asked what version of Civ 3 was needed, I meant Civ 2, I made a typo.

Good that you are reading our Constitution. In the exciting new thread, President or Not? Leowind has just called for a Constitutional Convention! Chaos, if you ask me.

Actually, our current Governors, MonkE and Serutan, were not really elected. Noone else wanted the job at that time, and they decided between themselves. I then Appointed them (which is nowhere in The Constitution! Don't strain your eyes!), they helped us all, and noone complained. I believe this is because: even before they were elected anything, they jumped in, considered things, and posted ideas and plans. When they were appointed to act as governors, they then posted polls about domestic affairs in their provinces, what to build, serf there, road here, management of our democracy and our resources.

I have suggested ideas about Provincial Governors, in this thread and perhaps elsewhere. The Duke, our Moderator (and Chief Justice of His Own Supreme Court) is mulling over what might work.

I am chiefly concerned that a Governor start the discussion rolling after our President posts a new Turn Thread, so we can continue this exciting pace of two moves per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom