Term 4 - Domestic Department

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corruption is really killing us on funds.......we should think about that...

I ask the domestic department to conserve our income for a possible war on two fronts, should that happen. I currently wish to:

Rush a temple in Palanthus for 188g.

Future rushing may include:

Dacula courthouse
Penguin courthouse
New PDX courthouse

These will ease corruption and help out with our income, and war production.

40J, May I suggest that we bost our science rate so that we can get gunpowder faster and quickly get military tradition.

Thanks,
Grand Admiral CivGeneral, Govenor of the North Provance and Acting Military Deputy.

We can speed up science at 50% (24 turns instead of our current 32), but I really think we should let trades do the learning until our cities become more developed, and our territory expands.

I would like to announce the Top 3 Cities for my province!

Palanthus, The Burrow and Strider's Haven!

CivGeneral
Shaitan and Chieftess have pretty much hit the nail on the head. Adjusting the tax/sci/lux rate at this time would not be in the best interest of Fanatika.

Chieftess
Nice work. I hope the other governors follow suit. A little rivalry between cities is a good thing. Maybe each governor can propose their top two cities and we can have a citizen vote for the "best" city if Fanatika. :)

Links and Downloads:

Current Financial Report (16kB)

Current City List (238kB)

Current Demographics (19kB)

News:

The Forbidden Palace has been completed and we are witnessing a surge in productivity. Corruption has dropped noticably as a result. Not suprisingly, the effect has been felt most in the lands recently liberated from the Japanese, but the long term benefits will be felt nationwide.

Our revenues are increasing, but we should not rush (pun intended...) to assume we are in the clear. We have many troops to upgrade and we will need to purchase technology from our rivals as we are still in no position to increase research funding at this time.

Originally posted by FortyJ
CivGeneral
Shaitan and Chieftess have pretty much hit the nail on the head. Adjusting the tax/sci/lux rate at this time would not be in the best interest of Fanatika.

*Grand Admiral CivGeneral pulls out a Sign saying "The End is near" ;)

I am trying my best efforts to help the game

Originally posted by CivGeneral

:p

Anyway, I think we should be focusing on our roads, and seeing which cities have unworked commerce tiles (or potential ones). We also need more markets (more commerce), and universities. With the addition of ivory and gems, we have a variety of goods to trade (gee, the Trade Department just never escapes me, does it?), which helps to offset the tech costs. I also propose more coastal cities, as those give 2gpt on the coast and seas.

Well I have been placing Marketplaces and Universities in my provance. Ill add some roads to the Worker's Orders :).

I would also like to submit the following tiles for coastal cities within my province: (The coastal cities are in blue)

Good Idea Chieftess, I might Consider reserving some tiles in my provance for Coastal Cities :).

I would like to post here about how pleased I am with the direction of the game so far. This seems like the best place to post.

I am just amazed at how well we are doing and encourage all of our leaders, past and present, and those yet to come to keep up the good work.

In just this last t/c, Fanatika has gone from a Nation of 33 cities to one of 39. We have advanced from 8th place on the Histograph with a score of 890, all the way up to 5th with a score of 979. We are technologically advanced! And besides the fact that we are developing Culturally, we are also expanding geographically in the directions we want. I am thrilled with recent results and would like to congratulate CivGeneral on a great commandeering of the DP positon on our last t/c.

Also, on a side note, great work on your Turn Chat Instructions 40J. Very immpressive.

Originally posted by CivGeneral

I am trying my best efforts to help the game

CivGeneral
Your efforts are definitely appreciated. My decision was not made casually, nor should you interpret it as a critique of your efforts. It is simply a matter of mathematics.

Code:
At this time, we could increase the science rate accordingly:
[u]Science[/u]		[u]Revenues[/u]	[u]Gunpowder[/u]	[u]Total Cost[/u]
   0%		 +102g		 32 turns	     0g
  10%		  +92g		 32 turns	   320g (32 turns x 10gpt)
  20%		  +76g		 32 turns	   832g (32 turns x 26gpt)
  30%		  +61g		 32 turns	  1312g (32 turns x 41gpt)
  40%		  +48g		 32 turns	  1728g (32 turns x 54gpt)
  50%		  +18g		 24 turns	  2016g (24 turns x 84gpt)
  60%		  +13g		 23 turns	  2047g (23 turns x 89gpt)
  70%		    0g		 20 turns	  2040g (20 turns x 102gpt)
  80%		  -15g		 17 turns	  1989g (17 turns x 117gpt)
  90%		  -31g		 15 turns	  1995g (15 turns x 133gpt)
 100%		  -41g		 14 turns	  2002g (14 turns x 143gpt)
Looking at this table, there is no benefit for raising our science rate to anything less than 50% of our budget. In fact, treasury permitting, since the differences in total cost are minimal, we're better off raising the rate to 100% so that we minimize the time to research. However, doing so would cost us ~2000g to discover Gunpowder (in money that we could have earned over the time spent researching).

So what could we possibly purchase this technology for? Unfortunately (and I say that for purposes of this discussion only ;)), nobody has Gunpowder to offer us to compare these numbers directly, but there are a handful of civs that have Astronomy for sale. Not including Persia, China offers the best deal and is willing to sell us Astronomy for our World Map, 300g, and 80gpt. Now, keep in mind that Astronomy is approximately 17% more expensive to research than Gunpowder (cost numbers in the editor are 56 & 48 respectively), so it is safe to assume that the cost to purchase Gunpowder would be about 17% less as well.

With Astronomy costing approximately 1900g (300g + (20 turns x 80gpt)), if our ratio is accurate, Gunpowder would cost us ~1580g. The Astronomy prices will come down as more nations learn those secrets (only 4 have the knowledge now). It becomes clear to see that even if a small percentage of nations learn the secrets of Gunpowder before we do, we can purchase it from them for less than it would cost us to research it ourselves.

Also note that this comparison does not include any profit from sale of this technology. With twelve viable trading nations (sorry Japan, Egypt and Azteca) in the world, there are sure to be other nations to trade this knowledge to once purchased.

So, to summarize, it is through no personal satisfaction or willful avarice that we maintain a 0% research rate. The mathematics of the situation just do not support change at this time. In a while, after we have constructed a large number of libraries and universities, and after we have expanded our land area sufficiently that we have relatively more cities than the AI in which to produce this research, the math may bear this out differently and then we can increase the research rate. Just not today.

Oh, and put that sign away. We don't want to start a panic. ;)

Well said! :goodjob: Post this in the science department, and for a discussion. :D

Please note that the city of Hakodate (under your jurisdiction) has recived a Culture Flip Warning(CFW).

Hakodate has been issued a green rating(low risk) this should not be a problem as Izibia's cultural radius is too far away from Hakodate for a Culture Flip to be likely, I understand that you are building a library in Hakodate and that should neutralize the effect of Izibia's culture.

Thanks,
Plexus

600 AD - Status Report

News:

We have scored a great victory for both the Domestic and Cultural Departments! The former American city of Cleveland has abandoned their former nation and joined ours. However, the time has not yet come when we can rest on our laurels and celebrate. We must stay vigilant and coninue our push to grow more and more each turn.

Our next objective should be to acquire Satsuma and Riva through cultural assimilation as well. I encourage the governors to produce another settler for placement near the Satsuma border so that we can attempt to convert those citizens as well.

Downloads and Related Links:

Current Financial Report (located in Budget Thread)

Current City List (264kB)

Current Demographics (20kB)

Current Rankings (20kB)

<><><><><>

Domestic Department - Budget Office

Grand Senate

I like your proposal CT. If we do put those in there, I suggest we do the southern one and the eastern ones first, first the southern one, then the eastern one. We would get 3 whales that way! Like I said before, I think that is a good proposal. :)

Well, the spear would be slightly less corrupted, and infact, I'm going to resquest rushing a settler for that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom