Term 4: Minister of Domestics

CommandoBob

AbstractArt
Domestic Leader - CommandoBob
Domestic Deputy - Vacant, apply below

Mission Statement: From Article E of the Constitution ~
The Domestic Leader is responsible for all issues domestic not handled by the President. Organizes decisions about settler placement. Organizes departmental and provincial budgets. Is Governor of cities that do not have a Provincial/Expatriate governor. The Domestic Leader will also be responsible for all the duties of the game's Cultural Leader.

Also from the Code of Laws ~
Discussions on city placement will be initiated by the Domestic Leader. Any citizen may post their opinion on any location.

The above is a shameless cut and paste from Cyc's first post as Domestic Leader in Term 2. :D

First Impressions
This office like a lot of work (many things to check on), so getting myself organized will take some time. Since this position is responsible for city builds (in cities/areas that lack governors) I will need to coordinate with both the governors and whoever is in charge of our military, which I think is Falcon02. So expect some crossposting between this thread and that thread, since war is on the horizon.

I will try to have everything nailed down and ready for El Supremo in the Turn Chat Instruction Logs, so that he doesn't have to come back to these threads to figure out what to do.

We are discussing the wisdom of building JS Bach's doo-hickey, which will make our people less unhappy without a lot of effort (luxuries and happy slider changes).

Although there was discussion and approval for dividing Hibernia into two separate Provinces, nothing ever really came of it. We still have only 1 Governor (me). Unless this changes, I will be covering all the towns and cities that have no input from a Mayor.

I will be putting up my Gubernatorial thread soon.

J S Bach's Cathederal
To be able to build this Great Wonder, we need the knowledge of Music Theory. We have one turn invested in learning Chemistry, so we don't lose many beakers in switching around our tech path.

At current rates (50% science, 10% luxury and -14 gpt) we learn Music Theory in 8 turns. If we reduce science to 40%, we have +16 gpt and leanr Music Theory in 10 turns.

Molly is building a Palace, which will cost 500 sheilds. We are 20 turns away from completing that build. We have 261 of that 500, per CivAssist II. We are netting 12 spt in Molly.

JS Bach's Cathedral cost 600 shields, so we are looking at about another 9 turns, or 29 turns total, to build this.

Tara, our best production city, nets 17 spt but would take about 35 turns to build JS Bach's from scratch.

Molly is working a mountain tile; it is unmined. 1S-1SE of Molly is an unimproved BG that is being worked by Siobhan. If Molly works that BG, it will still only net 12 spt, even after that BG is roaded and mined, but the city will grow in 11 turns, not 33.

This mountain tile has gold. Working that tile give us 41 commerce per turn, without it (that worker becomes a clown, taxman or geek) Molly produces 32 commerce per turn. So we do have good reason to work that tile.

Education is required to learn Music Theory. We won't be the only people learning it. Education is fairly well known. We might be the first to learn it.

Wonder Races:
  • Copernicus' Observatory (400 shields)
    • Constantinople (Byzantium)
    • Berlin (Germany)
  • Leonardo's Workshop (600 sheilds)
    • Adrianople (Byzantium)
    • Arbela (Persia)

We would need to investiagte Constantinople (114 gold), Adrianople (102 gold) and Berlin (182 gold). We cannot see Arbela.

Domestic Recommendations: Investigate Constantinople, Adrianople and Berlin, to determine how advanced their Wonder builds are. We need to know how long it would take each city to build Leonardo's Workshop. If we can beat them, then we should try for JS Bach's.

In order to boost Molly's production, we suggest that the two workers irrigating 1W of Imbolic be sent to Molly to improve the BG, mine the mountain or road a forest.

We are in our Golden Age, so we have great commerce.

We are learning Chemistry and have two turns to go at 60%.

Next will be Music Theory. That tech will cost 1066 beakers. At 60% sci, we will have gained 1068 beakers in 4 turns.

At Molly, we are building a 600 sheild Palace and that will complete in 14 turns. We will learn Music Theory in 6 turns. We should have no problem building JS Bach's Cathedral.

The only other wonder in play is Magellan's Voyage and right now only Germany is building it.

We have Dyes and Incense already connected to Tara. Spices are available, near Hastings. It would be nice to own our third luxury. We could also deny Incense to the Foromach at Covnentry. However, we have only one settler queued up right now.

If we capture Hastings, it will not connect the Spices, so a new city is needed to claim the Spice.

Domestic Recommendations: None at this time.

Foromach City Replacements
Spoiler :

Let me explain the color coding and the reasoning behind them.

We can and should take Spices from the Foromach. Our people need a third luxury and the Orange Apes cannot appreciate their good fortune to have three luxuries while we have only two. They won't miss this one. And if they do...too bad.

To claim the Spices (and to keep them) we need two cities. One on the Green Dot, which is CxxC from Warwick and one on the Green Circle, which is the tile the Spices are in. It just happens to be CxxC from the Green Dot.

We can also deny Incense to the Walking Orange Abominations and I think we should. Pillaging is one way to do this, but roads can be rebuilt. It looks like we have three likely locations (the three Pink Circles) to consider. All three are CxxC from Conventry and connecting roads were built by the Foromach. Not sure which one is the best.

The Blue Dot City is there to provide protection to the Incense and Spice cities by making them less exposed. It is on a hill and has access to fresh water. It can grow, hire some geeks and still defend us.

Hastings would be captured and razed, which shouldn't hurt our feelings any.

To do all this will require four settlers. We have one in production right now.

To have three additional settlers soon we could:
  • Falcon Crest (2): library in 16 -> settler in 3, rush for 48 of 567 gold. City will grow on to size 3 on the IBT.
  • Anwyn (5): barracks in 3 -> settler in 2, rush for 80 gold.
  • Fionna (5) harbor in 1; harbor completes, followed by settler, build for one turn and then rush.
  • City Red (5) settler in 2 (no change).
I would rather rush settlers than let them build so that we could get them to their new homes quicker. Fionna is not close to the front lines, so we may want to double up on City Red and have it make two settlers back to back.

Do we really want to build a city directly on top of a luxury resource?

IIRC, you lose the tile bonuses by doing that...

I would move Green dot 1 NW and Green Circle 1 NE.

I propose Building a Harbor ASAP.

This should allow us to trade with the Ottomans (who have 1 extra Saltpeter we could trade them for)

We hae a harbor, the Ottos do not.

We hae a harbor, the Ottos do not.

Where? I couldn't find it

Edit: Took another look at the save Found them Fionna,Travia, Moira, Molly, Siobhan, and Aerona :crazyeye:... my apologizes. Didn't see them when i was looking at the save earlier

:hammer2:

Don't worry about it Falc. They were all hiding next to the Saltpeter that wasn't there. ;)

I'm turning into a Celt! We hae a harbor... :lol:

I've downloaded the 800 AD but haven't had time to do a write up.

Since last time we have our own source of Spices and have made trade for Furs, Silks and Gems. This gives us 6 luxuries and lots of happy people. However, those deals expire in 8 turns.

War with Foromach
We have troops placed on Dyes in the forests north of Oxford. We need to capture/raze Oxford and pillage the Dyes. We might be able to plant a city to control those Dyes, but I haven't fully checked that out.

The Temple of Artemis is in London. It is made obsolete by Education, but the Foromach are too stupid to learn that knowledge on their own. We will have to give it to them to stop the culture expanding issues of that Temple. Then our cities will have less to worry about.

We can make peace with the Foromach at this moment, but that is not my call to make. And while we don't want to trade with the Idiots in Orange, helping them to learn Education, which kills their only Great Wonder, isn't exactly us being Mr. Nice Guy, either.

Random Issues
We need more land for our people. We will soon run out of space and we need good locations for our Geek Communes and Tax Shelters. Where this land will come I don't know.

Maeve is bulding an 800 shield Palace, probably as a place holder for Magellan's Voyage, which only costs 400 shields. We have 194 sheilds collected in Maeve, and are currently netting 20 sheilds per turn. Once our Golden Age ends, that number will drop by 7 down to 13. Since Magellan's Voyage is currently being developed by Germany, Byzantines and Persia, we may not get it.

Domestic Recommendations
Once we make peace with the Foromach, give them Ediucation, which will obsolete their only Wonder, The Temple of Artemis. That means we have to build less culture in our recently annexed neighborhoods.

We need more land to expand. Need to find a 'volunteer' who will let us have some more land.

Actually, I set the Palace pre-build for Newton's, but it could just as well be Smith's. I think someone else will get Magellan's.

Currently we have our own sources of Dyes, Incense and Spice and Horses and Iron. We import Saltpeter, Furs and Silk.

War with Foromach
They live because we let them live. Their one city, Dover, is only size 2 and sits on a tundra tile. It commands two forest, a whale, a hill, five tundra and 10 water tiles.

Newly captured Foromach cities are buidling slaves and fancy rock-throwing thingees.

War with Byzantines
Squashing these people will give us our own source of Saltpeter, plus more sources of Iron, Horses, Spices and Dyes.

Constantinople contains Sun Tzu's Art of War and may one day contain Magellan's Voyage.

Wonders
Newton's University will build in Maeve in 4 turns. No one else is building this wonder.

Smith's Trading Company is a highly popular wonder, with these cities trying to complete it:
  1. Rhiannon, Hibernia (9)
  2. Adrainople, Byzantine (9)
  3. Persepolis, Persia (12)
  4. Beijing, China (9)
  5. Heidelburg, Germany (6)
  6. Corinth, Greece (12)
We are 22 turns away from completing this wonder.

Domestic Recommendations: None, really. If the people are happy we are doing fne.

The Research Slider can be taken down to 90% we're currently throwing about 35 gpt with no increase in Nationalism production

100% : 6 turns : -68 gpt (current)
90% : 6 turns : -33 gpt
80% : 7 turns : +9 gpt
70% : 8 turns : +49 gpt
60% : 9 turns : +89 gpt

Top Bottom