Term 4 Newspaper Editor Election

The Times and The Herald wait for no man.

• Octavian X

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • steviep

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke o' york

It don't mean a thing....
The usual suspects line up for the election to the Fanatical editor's desk? Will a different editor mean a radical change of style for the paper? Are you willing to take that risk or are you happy with this journal as it is? Once again, Octavian X and steviep allow you, the readership, to decide who is Clark Kent and who gets to be Jimmy Olsen for the next term of government! Who will give us incisive reporting of all the major events, and who will pack the Sunday supplement with worthless ads that all drop out onto the floor?
This is not an official election, but you seem to like voting so who am I to dissuade you? Place your votes within the usual time limit (Friday) and enjoy the new issues of the Fanatical. :D

Its difficult to decide on who should be in charge, maybe we could have two joint editors? (If the vote ties at the end...)

The role of editor may also be expanded this term to include the news report to send to Thunderfall fairly regularly (weekly?) so that it can be posted on the main page.

It would be a brief report, maybe one paragraph per item being discussed. Links to the game would be required and a small image would also be beneficial.

Keep it in mind....

I know if there is a tie, then a second election is run between the tied candidates. But what if there are only two candidates to begin with? Does someone have the casting vote (DoM for example)?

Joint-eds seem like the best idea to me, it may even be better than having one (we want TWICE THE PAPER GUYS!!!).:goodjob:

Two different time zones though. Maybe very difficult to co-ordinate. Unless one publishes after Saturdays turn, the other after Tuesday. Or two rival newspapers? A tabloid and a broadsheet!!!! :lol:

Originally posted by Jayne
Or two rival newspapers? A tabloid and a broadsheet!!!! :lol:

What is this? Work creation day. :lol:

May I humbly suggest that in the event of a dead heat, Octavian and myself go into a huddle and discuss the what, when, why and how to's. I'm sure we'll come up with a plan. (Don't forget that Octavian is running in other elections as well.)

How about you go into a huddle and then take turns kicking one another's butts until one gives up?

Seriously, I'm sure there is some way you could divide the role up between you. Depending on the results of the poll about the Presidential poll then Octavian X may be the new King and that would solve this particular problem. :goodjob:

I like the idea of alternating duties. We currently play two times a week, so each of them could do the paper once after their corisponding day. They could then work on a joint effort for the weekly message to TF. It would spread it out and hopefully then it won't be too overwhelming for either one of them (and they can be Governors? ;)).

Originally posted by Jayne
Does someone have the casting vote (DoM for example)?

I've already cast my vote. Generally, thats all I get in the elections, one vote, same as everyone else. Granted I may have to flex my Modly powers every now and then, but I try to make it as rare as possible and try to let the people decide. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom