Term 4 Nominations for Cheif Justice

Swissempire

Poet Jester
THe thread for Term 4 Nominations for Cheif Justice:scan:

I nominate Curufinwe

I nominiate Donovan Zoi to this office.

-- Ravensfire

Question to the candidates:

1) Do you plan to use the same procedures the previous 3 terms have used?

2) If no, please describe in general terms the procedures you plan to use.

3) Term 1 had a well organized docket, term 3 is quite lacking. How will you organize the matters before the court?

-- Ravensfire

1. yes

2. not applicable,

3. Was my fault, i'm stil learning and was largely unable to do anything due to various reasons, so will hopefully be able to fix that just through being more devoted

ummm.... Both;)

donsig said:
I nominate Cyc.
Thank you, donsig. You are too kind. I must Decline this nomination, though. I will throw my support behind Donovan Zoi, if he were to accept and promise to serve a full Term. ;)

I believe DZ, donsig, and mhcarver would make solid combination and give us a High Court the Demogame could depend on.

I hate to leave elections uncontested and DZ hasn't responded yet...
So I'll nominate myself and then I will accept

ravensfire said:
Question to the candidates:

1) Do you plan to use the same procedures the previous 3 terms have used?

2) If no, please describe in general terms the procedures you plan to use.

3) Term 1 had a well organized docket, term 3 is quite lacking. How will you organize the matters before the court?

-- Ravensfire
1. The procedures look good to me, so barring and citizen ideas I will use the same procedures

3. I will have basic information about the case in the docket and I will add this information and the case outcome in the judicial log once the case is finished. Here is an example

ravensfire said:
I nominiate Donovan Zoi to this office.

-- Ravensfire

Thank you, Ravensfire, for the nomination. After careful consideration, I have chosen not to run for Chief Justice.

Having someone as seasoned and capable as Black_Hole come forward has made my decision that much easier, and I plan on campaigning for him vigorously during this election. Everyone needs to realize that now is not the time to nurture the ambitions of judicial newcomers; there is far too much unresolved business at hand.

Let's return this train to the tracks for Term 4. We can do so by electing Black_Hole to be our next Chief Justice. :hammer:

Donovan Zoi said:
Everyone needs to realize that now is not the time to nurture the ambitions of judicial newcomers; there is far too much unresolved business at hand.

Let's return this train to the tracks for Term 4.

I am very concerned by this comment - especially as it has come from someone whose post's I have respected a lot while I have been trying to get to grips with the DemoGame.

It is possible you are not trying to say "Those with Civ 3 DG experience are the only ones with enough experience to be able to do things as they should be done", but it sounds very much like it. What is particularly galling is that, even if you accept the position that the train has come off the tracks, it is not only the noobs that have made errors. Personally I hope for a Judiciary (and government) of mixed levels of experience.

I feel that posts like this are very unhelpful. For folks like myself who have already joined the DG it makes me wonder if I should continue - I suspect it must be very off-putting for anyone thinking of joining. I don't have previous DG experience and until Civ 4 DG 2 I will not acquire it. I have no intention of hunting through the previous DGs to acquire all this wisdom either. It is too high a barrier to entry.

If I have genuinely mistaken your words, then I apologise. If I haven't and this seems like an angry rant, then I make no apologies. I am angry.

When I first joined the DG I saw various experienced people making fairly angry rants about the power of the citizens against those of elected officials. When I understood more about the game I realised why they were so concerned. I feel the same about this issue: I don't want to be involved in a game where some citizens are more equal than others.

Donovan Zoi said:
Thank you, Ravensfire, for the nomination. After careful consideration, I have chosen not to run for Chief Justice.

Having someone as seasoned and capable as Black_Hole come forward has made my decision that much easier, and I plan on campaigning for him vigorously during this election. Everyone needs to realize that now is not the time to nurture the ambitions of judicial newcomers; there is far too much unresolved business at hand.

Let's return this train to the tracks for Term 4. We can do so by electing Black_Hole to be our next Chief Justice. :hammer:
Thank-You for the support DZ!

btw, anymore questions before the elections start?

Oldbus said:
I am very concerned by this comment - especially as it has come from someone whose post's I have respected a lot while I have been trying to get to grips with the DemoGame.

It is possible you are not trying to say "Those with Civ 3 DG experience are the only ones with enough experience to be able to do things as they should be done", but it sounds very much like it. What is particularly galling is that, even if you accept the position that the train has come off the tracks, it is not only the noobs that have made errors. Personally I hope for a Judiciary (and government) of mixed levels of experience.

I feel that posts like this are very unhelpful. For folks like myself who have already joined the DG it makes me wonder if I should continue - I suspect it must be very off-putting for anyone thinking of joining. I don't have previous DG experience and until Civ 4 DG 2 I will not acquire it. I have no intention of hunting through the previous DGs to acquire all this wisdom either. It is too high a barrier to entry.

If I have genuinely mistaken your words, then I apologise. If I haven't and this seems like an angry rant, then I make no apologies. I am angry.

When I first joined the DG I saw various experienced people making fairly angry rants about the power of the citizens against those of elected officials. When I understood more about the game I realised why they were so concerned. I feel the same about this issue: I don't want to be involved in a game where some citizens are more equal than others.

I feel the same, and I don't want to rehash, but my comments are in the Coalition of the New thread.

Donovan Zoi said:
Everyone needs to realize that now is not the time to nurture the ambitions of judicial newcomers; there is far too much unresolved business at hand.

This is "bad form" in my opinion. This is similar to a political party saying only vote for our party.

I have no problem with black_hole and would vote for him but its comments like this that hurt candidates. DZ you turned off a hold bunch of "newcomers" with this comment.

I would sure like to see black_hole come out and distance himself from such a less than appropriate endorsement.

Donovan Zoi said:

Sorry to break it to you, but Curufinwe was Chief Justice years before we had even heard of Black_Hole. I think he easily wins the "experience" competition. :lol:

Top Bottom