Term 4 - Nominations for Minister of Defense

Bootstoots

Deity
Retired Moderator
These are the traditional duties and powers of all councilmembers:

Post polls and discussions to determine citizen desires for departmental policies, plans and agendas.
Cast a tie-breaking vote in the polls determining their departmental policies, plans and agendas.
Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas based on citizen feedback.
Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas of their own in the absence of citizen feedback (forum outage, low participation, etc).
Convey these policies, plans and agendas to the President for play in the game.
Call Legislative and Override Council Votes.
Vote in Council Votes of all types.

These are the duties of the Minister of Defence:

Organize decisions on troop movements.
Organize decisions on defensive plans.
Organize decisions on offensive plans.
Organize decisions on troop upgrades and terminations.
Call a Mobilization Council Vote to determine if the economy should be mobilized.
When the economy is mobilized for war, becomes the defacto President, superceding the President in the Chain of Command.
Can supercede a provincial build queue with military units or improvements during time of invasion.

Please Accept or Decline any nominations you receive.

Yours,
The Election Office

As I had posted in the Citizens forum, I am unfortunately going to have to Decline a re-election for this position. I will however accept the Deputy position should someone offer it to me.

i nominate CivGeneral

I'll second CivGeneral

I will be willing to accept my nomination

I accept my future nomination by Peri. ;)

I nominate CT for this position and decline my nomination because I won't have the time to do the position justice. However Chieftess will make a first rate leader of this department. She is a sound strategist and excellent tactician. :)

Please delete me.

If you have read this post before it was edited. Please disregard the message that was here.

Wow CG... for someone who's running for a war-type posistion, you sure can't take any competition... Stay in CG.

I know this will qualify as spam but... good decision CG. :)

Originally posted by CivGeneral
Please delete me.

If you have read this post before it was edited. Please disregard the message that was here.

CG, don't forget to erase every trace of your fleet-footed acceptance of the Berry nomination, now that you have changed your mind again.

DZ's pet peeve #3: people who edit posts to remove the obvious. ;)

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi

CG, don't forget to erase every trace of your fleet-footed acceptance of the Berry nomination, now that you have changed your mind again.

DZ's pet peeve #3: people who edit posts to remove the obvious. ;)

I already removed my acceptance to that election

Alright, Im going to ask the candidates a few questions concerning this department. This is unofficial, and I expect Ravensfire or someone equivalent to do the formal one.

1. How would you organize Fanatica's armed forces at this point?

2. Who is our greatest threat, and what should be done about them?

3. Do you advocate war, or is it a last resort?

4. If Faced with a 2-front war, lets say... Egypt and Babylon, how would you conduct your operations in this war in order to win?

5. What armed category is your primary area where you would want to develop? (Cavalry, Artillery, Infantry, Sea) How would you use these units?

6. From a militaristic point of view, what is the main thing that Fanatica needs?

Top Bottom