Term 4 Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke o' york

It don't mean a thing....
"The time has come", the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: of shoes and ships and sealing wax and the elections upcomings".

Yes, ladies and gentlemen (I think only Leowind qualifies for the latter, but a recount is underway), it is once again time to decide who will guide the glorious Fanatican Empire, this time into the AD years! Jayne has done a marvellous job as President so far but will she want to take the reins again throughout November? Are any of the cabinet members getting tired of the same old chair day in and day out and would they be good enough to do another job? What about the up and coming stars of the government? Will youth triumph over experience as we search to assemble a steady administration for the war against Scandinavia? And will duke o' york get by another term without having to do anything much? :goodjob:

Make your nominations in this thread. Feel free to nominate more than one person for each post, but bear in mind that you shouldn't really have to do more than one job so try not to nominate someone/yourself for all the posts. You must accept a nomination before you will be put forward for the elections, and are well within your rights to refuse a nomination but please tell us either way!

A - Accepted nominations
U - Undecided/unknown
R - Refused nominations.
Duke and I will edit the list below to ensure that we are up to date and the polls will be posted Tuesday morning GMT.

President:

Dell19 A
Octavian X A
MonkE A

civ1-addict U

duke o' york R
Jayne R
Leowind R

Domestic Affairs Advisor (Minister of the Interior):

GaryNemo A
naervod A

mordhiem U
Chofritz U

MonkE R

Foreign Affairs Advisor:

Rout A
duke o' york A

civ1-addict U

Science Advisor:

Elsaak A
Rout A
Jayne A

civ1-addict U
Ren U
MonkE U

Military Advisor:

Jayne A
ainwood A
CivGeneral A
funxus A

Newspaper Editor:

StevieP A
Octavian X (the doughnut guy) A

I nominate:

President: Leowind, (edit: cant do it duke o' york)

Domestic Advisor: GaryNemo mordheim

Military Advisor: Jayne

Foreign Advisor: Id like a bash

Science Advisor: civ1-addict, elsaak

I am hoping someone else would like the Domestic seat - we need new blood. I'll wait and see, and offer my support to anyone willing to do the work. Otherwise it's F4, here we come!

I do second the Nominations of Rout, Civ1, Elsaak, and anyone else above who would like it so. And I think Jayne, Civ1, Dell19, Leowind or our duke would make a fine President -- but I believe they must nominate themselves. And how about ainwood or Ren for Domestic or President? Funxus? Chofritz? Anyone else, I'm sorry if I didn't mention you, I meant to, really!

Citizens! Please feel free to nominate yourself for President, Domestic Advisor, or anything else!

Don't we need a "French Advisor" ? ;)

Seriously, my lack of English do not permit me of looking for a real post.
I'm OK for being the Deputy Science Advisor of who want it

As I've said before, I must refuse all nominations for either President or Domestic Advisor as these are the two main positions that require the ability to enter the game, play turns and post screenshots. Since I've only got Civ 2 on the Playstation then I'm afraid I can't do either of these jobs properly. All the other jobs are fine for me as they don't require an in-depth knowledge of the state of our nation and are a bit more theoretical. I'll update all your other nominations now though. :)

[edit]: GaryNemo's nominations were all a bit confusing so that is reflected in the list above. :crazyeye:

President: Dell, Leowind
Domestic Advisor: GaryNemo (if he's still happy to do it), MonkE
Science Advisor:Rout, Ren
Foreign Advisoor: Duke 'o York, Civ1
Newspaper Editor: StevieP

I accept Rout's kind nomination for Military Advisor

I accept Jayne's kind nomination as Foreign Advisor, and since Rout has also agreed to run in this position then we have a decent election already! :goodjob:
I apologise for missing Newspaper Editor off the list of jobs up for election but have included it in this thread now.
I'd like to nominate ainwood for Military Advisor yet again as Jayne'll run away with it otherwise. ;)
I think I'll wait to hear from Duke as to how much time he'll be able to spend here before nominating him for anything.

What ???
Jayne, you did not support my nomination ?
Don't you received the PrivateMessage I sent you last week, with the picture of my kid ?

Th'o !!!! I'm so sad !
But I propose you as our Queen once again...

I accept my nomination as Newspaper Editor.

Also, please see my latest scoop in last weeks newspaper thread! :)

I shall also consider making nominations in due course.

I've been a citizen of NUF from the beginning, but haven't really served my nation yet. I therefore would like to serve my nation as a military advisor. I think GaryNemo is doing a great job, and he really seems to enjoy it, so I hope he at least stays in the department:)

Jayne, I am dismayed. :(

funxus, I second your nomination (not that it matters).

I still will neither Accept nor Decline my nomination to Domestic Advisor. I appreciate all of your support, and hope someone else would like to try the job. I offer my support in any way the elected official wishes, and will run only if necessary. My slogans will be "F4 in Term 4!" and "Filler Filler FILLER!", so if you won't be able to take it, nominate yourself!

Elsaak, I support you! And if you want my advice about raising high performance, happy children, or debating with (USA) principals and school boards, anything, I'm available on ICQ anytime, 168387304. Available to anyone, re children of all ages.

duke, do you know my middle name could be "Confused" ? Actually, I was very hot at our Bridge Game last night. My close friends enjoying musing about my thinking, I'm one of our many common jokes. I play with my buddies from high school and college, and other fresh blood, still The Boys Bridge Game 30 years later.

I noticed there is no mention of Governors for the provinces.

Regarding the Domestic Advisor's position, I don't see that I would have the time + energy to maintain GaryNemo's high standard of service. Even the Chryshe governor's position doesn't seem that appealing. So I respectfully decline my nomination.

Qualifications aside, it seems that my temperament would be more suited for Science Advisor or President. Rather than nominating myself, I'd rather have someone else do so (showing at least some degree of support).

Originally posted by Gary Nemo:
I am hoping someone else would like the Domestic seat - we need new blood.
If you mean someone new and different, I can help run if you want. I have had experience in the Civ 3 demo game and am a registered citizen here.

duke, to clarify, I am not nominating a lot of citizens here.

MonkE, I really wish you would accept the nomination for Domestic Advisor... But if you won't, and I wish you'd reconsider, I must admit you'd be a terrific President, and we're still looking for that position as well! I nominate MonkE for president.

mordhiem?

Chofritz, it has come to my attention that you built 30 cities before 1AD in the current Gotm21. Sounds like you are much better qualified than I to run for Domestic Advisor. I nominate Chofritz for Domestic Advisor ... There, now I feel better.

And MonkE is right. duke, will the Domestic Advisor again appoint Governors? If I were elected, I would reappoint the same ones, Serutan and MonkE, although there may be a vacancy in the Chryshe Province!

These nominations stay open for another several days, right?

I second Octavian X for Newspaper publishing :)

I third Octavian for newspapaer publishing.

I'll accept my nomination as I will have some spare time to fill...

CivGeneral for Military advisor
Jayne for Science advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom