Term 4 - Office of the Chieftain

grant2004

Citizen
Welcome to the Office of the Chieftain there are a number of things we need to work out so lets get started.

Appointments

The elected offices currently needing to be filled are:
Chief Justice

The appointments made this term are
Science Officer: Mike6426
Public Defender: George OP
Cartographer: Ordinaryguy
Information: Joe Harker
History: Dutchfire

Division of Cities

It isn't the job of the chieftain to divide cities between the Aimags, but it is an important issue that we'll need to resolve. I'd like to have a definitive list of Aimags and which cities belong to them posted here.

Worker Allocation

Before it is decided how workers should be allocated we need to know what the Aimag's look like, as it looks now I'm likely to issue each Aimag with two workers, however any comments from the Governors about how many workers they believe they need would be very useful.

I'd like to give the History department a crack if noone else is interested.
I nominate fed1943 for the Science department.

I second fed1943's nomination for the Science Office.

When we conquered France I want to ask the Chieftain to distribute cities to aimags. I don't think anything was written down officially yet, it needs to be done though.

I have unoffically done the information office!

I hope thats alright! :)

I would like to be the cartographer again.

OK as today is the first official day of term 4 I intend to start off by announcing officially the appointments.

For the Science office I have chosen to appoint Mike6426, he contacted me through private message offering his services for the post just as the discussion of filling these offices was beginning. He is eager to get to work and I'm sure he will make an excellent science officer. To fed and those who have nominated him I hope you don't take this as a snub I feel you are both qualified for the office.

For the position of Public defender I will appoint George OP, who has past experience with the office and has also offered his services to the citizens of Yasutan.

For the position of Chief Justice I'm still looking for a candidate, I've sent a pm to one party who may be interested, but I haven't heard back yet, anyone who would be interested in holding this post should send me a pm or post here.

For our History department I will appoint Dutchfire, he's already done an excellent job with his summary of turnchats.

For the Cartography office I will appoint ordinaryguy who had a short term last month

And for the information office I'll appoint Joe Harker, he's already put up a good list of information which I've found very useful.

Grant, you´re DP pool manager, could you set up the thread?

I'm a little busy these days but I'll post a set of instructions this monday. I'll also make a Term 4 aimag office that day.

What are we going to do with the two leftover settlers?

My feel on the remaining settlers is to continue the previous policy of holding off on founding cities with them, at least for the next turnchat. With the impending capture of Marseilles I feel that adding two new founded cities on top of that would cause too much of a problem for our already stretched treasury.

Hopefully we'll have a smaller deficit by the next turnchat and we'll be able to invest in settling soon.

Okay if I move one of them to Ainu so it's closer to the settlement locations?

I was thinking that we were going to settle them on the south east coast so as to fill in our teritory rather than settling in the jungle near Germany. I think that's something we'll have to discuss after this turnchat, I'm not sure what the preference for settlement locations is now and we should probably leave them where they are for the time being.

There's a new worker that needs allocation.

Also, do you agree with the plan to go to war against Rome?

How, together with Bismarck (if he wants too) or independently from Bismarck?

Well, the plan is that we just declare on Julius and move in on him. At the same time, Bismarck is still fighting him. But that shouldn't really matter much.

I agree with the idea that we should invade Rome, I'm still worried about our large deficit, but I believe we have done well in producing cottages and courthouses, and if these strong efforts continue we'll be able to maintain a decent science level despite military expansion.

Well, apart from the fact that we're paying like 16 gold/turn on our military, we're doing pretty okay. So it's time to use that expensive military :)

Yes, definitely, that should appear soon after discussions about a declaration of war have gone on for a while in the citizen's forum

For the next turnchat I'm going to make the following changes for worker allocation.

The two workers near Riversight named RS1 and RS2 should be renamed CT1 and CT2 and allocated to the Coppertwon Aimag, however I will be ordering them to first build a route connecting Marseilles with a road, and then connecting the Roman city north of Marseilles with another road, this can be considered a national project.

The two workers near City 1 which are currently named CT1 and CT2 will be renamed to RS1 and RS2 and will be allocated to the Riversight Aimag.

The new worker produced by Riversight last turnchat will be renamed RS3 and will be assigned to the Riversight Aimag.

I would also like to encourage elders to continue with production of buildings and improvements to help our gold flow, and will also suggest that a road be built to connect City 1 with the nearby Roman city for the purpose of troop movements.

Top Bottom