Term 4: Province of Alluares

gert-janl

Alive!!!
Welcome
Welcome to the office of the Governor of Alluares.

The beautiful province of Fanatica lies not very much south of our beloved capital. At the moment it consists of three cities within our borders.

I am gert-janl, and I am your Governor in this 4th term. The deputy position is still open, if you want to apply, please send me a Private Message.

//Information Updates//
  • Mister Roger's Neiberhood can call itself rightfully capital of Alluares, after being selected by the congress with a vote of 6 to 1
  • With Project Decreasing Corruption on schedule, the Province of Alluares can broadens its views and look at the national interest more. We started a discussion on the future of Alluares here
  • The position of deputy Governor and mayor of Acheron and Vandopolis is open. If you want to become mayor or deputy, please apply via PM.
  • A Barracks have been completed in Mister Roger's Neiberhood to facilitate any military units!
Overview of Alluares 1170AD:
  • Vandopolis: Cavalry in 6 turns, Population growth in 5 turns to 7 (not possible due to lack of aquaduct)
  • Mr. Roger's Neiberhood: Cavalry in 6 turns, No growth, currently 4 citizens
  • Acheron: Cavalry in 6 turns, Population growth not possible, due to lack of aquaduct
Mayor List:
  • Vandopolis - n/a
  • Mr. Roger's Neiberhood - GeZe
  • Acheron - n/a

Long Term Policy
Our first priority on the long term is a steady growth, which is to be achieved by cutting down the dark and wet jungle that occupies Alluares. The second priority is to make Chittagong flip to the mighty Fanatica, by building high culture in the province of Alluares.
By achieving these goals the Province of Alluares can become an important production core, as it lies just south of Deux Rivières.

Short Term Policy
There are two main projects on our agenda for the upcoming turnchats. Our current plans consists of Project Growth and Project Decreasing Corruption. Decreasing Corruption first gets full priority. When the courthouses are built and cities are celebrating the "We love the King's Day", we can allow the cities to grow further to size 6. Before letting the cities growing larger than that, a granary will be constructed, in order to maintain steady growth in later ages.

Hello, I would like to make the following suggestions about "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood" (MRN):

Short Term:
MRN is on the border with Babylon. We will probably be at war with Babylon in the near future. Thus MRN is key to the war, this is why I suggest improving infustructure and building a barracks.

-Road all the tiles that lie between MRN and Babylon in preparation for war.
-Mine all tiles that are cleared to increase production to finish barracks/granary faster.
-Either build granary then rush barracks or change the queue to barracks then build granary. This is in preparation for war with Babylon.

Long Term:
As MRN is near the capitol, on fresh water and probably surrounded by grassland (after jungle is cleared) I predict great growth and prosperous times ahead.

GeZe- Mayor of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

I agree with you that we must work our infrastructure as fast as possible. I posted various messages, especially at the DoI's to stress the need to liberate the Alluares citizens from the jungle, and to build more roads and mines.

However, I don't agree with you on the barracks thing. I agree that our cities will become strategically important in any war against Babylon, but considering the completion of Sun Tzu's Art of War in 10 turns, I think that building a barracks is a waste of our production. I prefer to use the production completely, especially if there is no more space to grow food, for building a library in Vandopolis and a Granary in MRN. I hope to convince the DoI to clear out some jungle before our Granary is finished, so MRN will be ready to grow beyond 6 citizens ASAP.

From the Desk of the Department of Infrastructure and Department of Defense --

Attention Governors!! - Please comment on the suggested builds in this thread. If you like them, you may use them in your build queues. They're an attempt to design the queues around max production, and our future wars with Babylon and Russia.

What is the official capitol of Alluares?

Also, I have replied to the disscusion of Alluares in favour of granaries.

Untill now there is no official capital of Alluares.

Good thing to bring this to the attention :goodjob:!

As MRN is the only city with a mayor, and lies in the center of the province, I lean towards MRN as a capital, although Vandopolis is a larger and more productive city.

A poll on this is up here, so the citizens can decide...

The result of the poll is in:

"With an overwhelming support of the congress has Mister Roger's Neiberhood been selected to become the official Alluares Capital":king:

Congratulations Geze!!! (and with him all the citizens of Mister Roger's Neiberhood)

Yay! Mr. Rogers' Nieberhood is the capital of the province! So, where will you live governer?

NOTE: gert-janl, you have to go to the office of the census and poat there saying you want to move.

Governer, PLEASE irragate all usable tiles around MRN. The provincial capital needs to grow!

I'll include it in my instructions, but remember that I am not responsible for the worker actions performed...:) That's the president...I can only advise him.

Alluares has been greatly enlarged with the addition of Woodridge, Terminus, Amber, and Mill Valley during this past turnchat.

Wow, 4 more cities.

Was the area around MRN irragated?

I was wondering if our provence had a flag?

Governor, please see this thread for arguments why we should strengthen our infrastructure, especially research and commerce. The war with Babylon is over. We cannot attack India for 9 turns because we have a ROP, our railroad network is under construction and we most likely will not go to war in the immediate future.

Please look at all your cities on whether to build libraries and/or markets now. Remember: we have lots of luxuries and thus temples are rarely needed. Markets bring more happiness plus money. Libraries bring more culture plus research strength.

Than you for your kind consideration of these point, while you devise your next turnchat instructions.

Your fellow governor

tao

I saw some of your previous posts of your fight for more science. I completely support you with that, and I can assure you that my instructions for the next turnchat will include universities and libraries in the queues. :cool:

Top Bottom