Term 5 - Domestic Office: Balance

Donovan Zoi

The Return
Domestic Leader: Donovan Zoi
Domestic Deputy: Rik Meleet

-----

Welcome to the Term 5 Domestic Office. Please use this thread to address any concerns regarding the following:

1. The Science and Luxury sliders.
2. Spending(Budget Office).
3. Forwarding discussion on provincial borders.
4. Forwarding discussion on Settler placement.
5. Governance of non-provincial cities.
6. Overview of city production in relation to national goals.
7. Forwarding discussion on Wonder building.

-----

I would also like to include my campaign debate answers so that I may be held accountable for sticking to my promises:

1. Work with the Governors to ensure that all of Fanatica's needs are being addressed in their build queues.

2. Request from the Governors an emphasis on workers in the early part of the term. This will give us enough manpower to successfully address our rail and mining needs.

3. Work with Esquiline and Quirnial Provinces to fully implement the Size 12 Plan, and later, the Size 20 Plan.

4. Will lobby for the discovery of Sanitation as quickly as possible. The further growth of our core cities is very important to me.

5. In controlling the budget, I will proactively select rush builds and military upgrades that I feel are worth the expense. I will still accept budget requests from all citizens, but will not require it as a prerequisite to necessary spending that will better our nation.

6. I will not consider budget spending to fund a war where we are the aggressor. Period.

-----

Thank you for putting your faith in my abilities. I look forward to a prosperous term for Fanatica.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
Domestic Leader

Can I request the release of 560g for the training and equipping of 7 foot units please.

Can I also please request that Quirinal is joined to the TFR as a matter of priority. :)

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
6. I will not consider budget spending to fund a war where we are the aggressor. Period.
I do assume you would if it had been successfully and officially polled, right? (not that that's likely)

Purely hypothetically, assuming the poll specifically mentioned the rushes required, I would expect him to.

Under any other circumstance, I also hope he would not. My expectation is that the Domestic Minister will look out for the better interests of Fanatica. Right now, there are quite a few better opportunities for rushes over a war that has virtually no support.

-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatica

What has war got to do with my request for upgrades?
My request is based on defending Fanatica with the best units possible.

I would have have to side with Peri on this one, Mr. President. Upgrading a few spearmen really won't hurt us, and we have an equal amount of Spears and Muskets right now.

I am currently looking at ways to improve the budget to facilitate this, and will be submitting my findings shortly.

Originally posted by Bootstoots

I do assume you would if it had been successfully and officially polled, right? (not that that's likely)

I will always bow to the people's will, Boots. However, you must know that if such a thing comes about, I will be there at every turn to lobby against such nonsense. :)

I don't wish to push my luck here but can you also push for the Quirinal Rail connection as this is my top priority. :)

Sorry for not mentioning that, Peri. It is, of course, a given and I will include it in my instructions. :)

Donovan Zoi,

I am going over our current worker allocation and trying to develop a better strategy. In the midst of all of this, the Size 12 Plan (tm by DZ) appears to have been lost in the shuffle.

For the upcoming turn chat, I would like to put this plan entirely on hold. After that, I would like to bring some focus back onto this idea by encouraging a citizen to continue the work you so admirably started. Is this acceptable to you?

In addition, I will be putting my brief worker analysis and proposed allocation in the Presidential thread. If you have a chance to review it (once it's up of course!), I'd appreciate any feedback.

As always, my thanks!
-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatica

I have no problem with putting the Size Plan on hold at all, Mr. President. :)

I will gladly do whatever research necessary to ensure that we are using this plan properly. Unfortunately, due to the holiday weekend, I did not have the chance to make full assessments or discuss needed changes with the governors.

I did do a surface assessment and can tell you that Omalu and Chieftess can accept workers at this time. If you do anything here, please make sure to check happiness in these cities. There are several others, but I don't have the info in front of me. Since we are skipping next turn, it will give me time to get things in order.

Thanks again for your continued interest in this plan, Mr. President.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
Domestic Leader

Having reviewed our treasury, I would like to submit a request for further funding for our troops.
We currently have 15 units with old equipment that can be modernized. I submit that it is a matter of urgency to release funds over the course of the next 2 Turn Chats for their training.
We also currently 21 have old style legions that are being used for ceremonial duties only. I suggest we phase out these units through voluntary retirement. These soldiers can be retrained to help with city works programmes.
For the next TC can you please authorise the funds for 6 units as Step 1 in this rebuilding programme.

I will be diving into the books tonight, Peri, so let me see what I can do on the upgrades.

My first inkling would be to keep our Legions to ceremoniously defend our interior cities, rather than cash them in for 5-7 shields per unit. ;) Doing this will help us meet our defense objectives more quickly, so that our cities can get back to building.

Thanks.
The tribunes of all the legions have offered their services to wonder building if the race becomes very close. I would like to see infantry in all our cities but I understand that we may have to have legions guarding some of them.

Regards.

Peri, you can't rush Wonders with units (the sheilds go to nothing, DZ is on the right track use 'em to help speed up Musket production a tad)

Unless I misunderstood your post...

Well I was thinking of cashing them in in a pre build sort of way for something else like palace or hydro electric plant then converting to the wonder. I don't know if it will work but it was just a thought. :)

Originally posted by Peri
Well I was thinking of cashing them in in a pre build sort of way for something else like palace or hydro electric plant then converting to the wonder. I don't know if it will work but it was just a thought. :)

Won't, keeps track of the cities which have gotten sheild boosts. That has foiled my plans several times when I was going to build a wonder, but the improvement I was switching from was boosted by a Forest which was cut down. As a result the Wonders were grayed out (as if you were building them already in other cities).

Top Bottom