• vikingruler

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
The Minister of Defence is responsible the defence of Fanatikos and military planning. The Minister also controls the actions of all Military units.

Please vote for one of the following candidates:
admiral-bell
vikingruler​
Link to Nomination thread

This is a private poll, and will last for 3 days.

Our current military is a very strong one and we are at the end of a war with France. During the upcoming term, if elected I hope peace will be maintained for the beginning of the term, but I hope a chance to extend our borders will occur. With Paris and Marseilles soon to be gone and Besancon in our possesion the Romans and possibly Germans won't hesitate to settle the land. The Romans are our direct threat. I will make sure a border defense is set up to defend aganist aggressive Roman troop build-up/ violation of national borders. Germany is weak from the war we had with them, but they still pose a viable threat. Therefore, I will make sure the Civatonian border is well defended, and any extra hoplites I can control are sent to Civatonia. Lastly, Berlin and Besancon. These two cities are close to Roman and German border, and therefore under pressure from both nations. With only a small square of land as a border a city defense is a number one priority. I will ensure Besancon and Berlin have units of not only defense but offensive capabilities as well.

ELECTING ME, WOULD BE ELECTING SOMEONE WHO CAN GAIN A NATIONAL SECURITY FOR FANATIKOS!!!!! VOTE vikingruler!!!

To both candidates,

I've started a discussion on a war with Rome over Saltpeter.

How would you conduct such an operation and ensure that Saltpeter is seized for our use?

-- Ravensfire

We need Saltpeter in order to get the all powerful Cavalry. Therefore, a war with Rome is inevitable. Diplomacy has failed to get our nation Saltpeter and we therefore have to obtain it by force. In the coming term a war with Rome must happen. If we wait to long, the Romans will upgrade all their pikemen and spearmen to Musketmen, and we have a small chance to take any of their cities with those Muskets defending them. This is how I would conduct this operation. I would begin by finding where both sources of Saltpeter are. This would aid me in deciding which city of the Romans to capture. Right now Rome is the best bet for Saltpeter due to the fact the city will eventually get it within its culture radius. There are some problems however. Rome is in the center of the Roman Empire and therefore we must fight our way through a few other cities first. This will give the Romans plenty of time to reinforce Rome. Also, being surronded by cities the threat of culture flip is evident. Any resisting citizens which will be many, may succeed any take over Rome. Our current guess for the location of the second source of Saltpeter is near Besancon. If that proves to be true, whatever Roman city that is would be our prime target.

Top Bottom