Term 5 - Military Office: Beware of Cranky Mechanized Camels!

Chieftess

Retired Moderator

Military Advisor: Chieftess
Military Deputy: Sarevok

Assistant Posistions -

Commander of the Army:
Commander of the Navy: CivGeneral
Commander of the Airforce: Zarn

I would like to apply for Commander of the Navy :).

Admiral CivGeneral,

Welcome :)

I trust that you will be able to give specific plans concerning military use of Fanatica's Navy and places to attack or raid. The navy will become fairly important for Persia, So I will expect you to understand what is neccesary. In turn, I shall make sure that the governors give you much to "play with" as possible.

Concerning a personal note, I have some ways I think you can "come back". I beleive that you ought to prove yourself a capable military planner in this position. You also should give very elaborate plans that give details on operations, possibly using CT or my plans as examples for structure. Also and critically, a defeatist attitude is not a good thing to have if you are to be in our office. I believe that If you follow these 2 things, you can begin to repair your reputation, just be sure not to do anything... strange.

I will look forward to sucessful campaigns with your assistance to aid our glorious armies.

- Sarevok

BTW CT, I have accepted.

For Audiac, I plan to build the following military units in the next 10 turns:
- 10 artillery (tell me if you want infantry instead, but then I need to build barracks first)
- 2 galleons (for the Zulus Campaign)
- 3 ironclads (before we learn combustion; tell me if you don't want them)
- 3 destroyers

PS: We need a "navy" in the inland sea: at least 1 ironclad to sink the barbarian galleys after they are red-lined with artillery. Build, sink, disband.

hehe, but those barb-galleys-stuck-in-a-lake are a classic! :D

Those instructions look good, although, I'd like to see an inf or two (or more :p).

Naval Reports from the Dreadnought Maddox

Current Total Cargo Capacity: 40 units
(1 Galleon = 4 unit capacity)
Ironclads: 4
Galleons: 10
Battleship: N/A
Destroyers: N/A
AEGUIS Cruisers: N/A
Aircraft Carriers: N/A
Submarines (Diesel): N/A
Submarines (Nuclear): N/A
Transport: N/A

I would like to apply for Commander of the Air Force (when the time comes).

Fleet Admiral CivGeneral's Proposal

All units that the Army wishes to use in the Persian campaing must be in the following cities for this theater: Anarchyisgodville, Grand Bricolage, and Ville de Buisson.

For this campaing I need around 15 transports (By the time combustion is discovered). Each transport will be docked in Antillia, Grand Bricolage, and Ville de Buisson to load up army units.

Transports that are disembarking from Ville de Buisson will go to the tile 2 SW and 1 NW of Samaria and will unload there cargo on the tile 1 W of Samaria

Transports that are disembarking from Grand Bricolage will go to the tile 1 S of Sidon and unload there cargo on the tile 1 SE of Sidon

Transports that are disembarking from Antillia will go to the tile 1 S of Hamadan and unload there cargo on the tile 1 SE of Hamadan.

For shore bombardment, I would need 7 Destroyers/Ironclads to have them soften up the defenses of Hamadan, Sidon, and Antillia. Each Destroyer will sail to the following tiles: (1 W of Hamadan, 1 S of Hamadan, 1 N of Hamadan, 1 SW of Sidon, 1 SE of Sidon, 1 S of Samaria)

I am planning to have a ferry service once the 3 persian cities have been captured. Each transport will return back to there respected port, load up troops and sail back to the captured persian city.

i suggest guarding the coastal cities during our upcoming wars,
and when the time comes I believe civgeneral's plan would work very good

also, i will not be able to help in the war effort the next few tcs becuase my best city takes 30 turns for just 1 infantry...

That plan is not good.
  • It is a bad idea to split out forces in 3 groups. Persia has railroads and can attack us at the weakest spot with full force.
  • It is a bad idea to make the landing on flat terrain with no defense bonus. If we attack in this area, we should land all of our forces on the hills SE or SW of Samaria getting a 50% defence bonus.
  • 10 transports would be plenty for such an operation.
  • We should do the Zulus Campaign first and have a beachhead on that continent before we declare war.
  • We should ally with the Aztecs.
    [/list=a]

Tao, My plan is good. It is a good idea to split our forces into 3 groups. When we split the beachhead forces, we can gain more cities. Though I can revise the landing beach head to land on the hills of Samaria. I wond mind 10 transports. I picked 15 transports since it was a round easy number to work with,
I disagree with declaring war against the Zulus because they are on the other side of the contenet and we would have a long time to get there, but I do agree on allying with the Aztecs.

My comments on tao's comments.

a - I agree with tao.
b - I agree with tao.
c - I agree with tao.
d - I don't agree with tao. We need to attack Persia as soon as we have tanks and they don't. We are in the strange situation that time is first on our side. But as soon as we have tanks, time is on Persia's side. The longer we then wait; the stronger the Persians become.
e - I agree

Extra comments: Sign an alliance with the Zulu as well, possibly 1 or 2 turns before we land. This will focus the Persians to divert their forces out of their lands, thus reducing their strenght in counter-attack.

I think we should land in the jills near Samaria. All of our forces should be concentrated there. Once we establish a beachhead, we set up base there.

What units are Persia using?

I also agree with Tao :eek:, and we should really land where we can capture the most cities in 1 turn, while landing on a hill or mountain (behind a river would be good).

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
d - I don't agree with tao. We need to attack Persia as soon as we have tanks and they don't. We are in the strange situation that time is first on our side. But as soon as we have tanks, time is on Persia's side. The longer we then wait; the stronger the Persians become.
Do the math: we need 12 - 15 turns to get motorized transport. We need 4 - 6 turns to produce enough tanks. Total: 16 - 20 turns.

We can build 4 galleons/transports in New Falcon's Heaven and Ville de Buisson in 5-6 turns. We can get to New Hlobane in 7 turns and back in 5 turns. Total: 17 - 18 turns.

Thus we have no problem to send an occupying force of artillery, infantry, and cavalry to get the furs from the Zulus first without delaying the Persian operation. :goodjob:

Since my first plan has been shot down before even it set sail. Here is my revised plan.

All units that the Army wishes to use in the Persian campaing must be in the following cities for this theater: Anarchyisgodville, Grand Bricolage, and Ville de Buisson.

For this campaing I need around 10 transports (By the time combustion is discovered). The 10 Transports will sail and dock in Anarchyisgodville to load up ships

All Transports will head to the tile 1 S of Samaria and unload troops 1 SW or SE of Samaria.

For shore bombardment, I would need 7 Destroyers/Ironclads to have them soften up the defenses of Hamadan, Sidon, and Samaria. Each Destroyer will sail to the following tiles: (1 W of Hamadan, 1 S of Hamadan, 1 N of Hamadan, 1 SW of Sidon, 1 SE of Sidon, 1 S of Samaria)

I am planning to have a ferry service once Samaria have been captured. Each transport will return back to there respected port, load up troops and sail back to the captured persian city.

Originally posted by Sarevok
Thats a better location, but im fearing a Gallipoli-type situation there unless we can get tanks into the first landing force.

Hmm, I beleve the best time to declare war against the Persians is after Mobile Transportation (By now we would have World War I tanks like the German A7V and the British MkIV, but thats in my mod :p ;) )

do we have any idea how large the persian navy is?
a large navy might force us to make more destroyers, by the time we get motorized transport persia might have combustion

Originally posted by Black_Hole9
do we have any idea how large the persian navy is?
a large navy might force us to make more destroyers, by the time we get motorized transport persia might have combustion

True, but hopefully by then Battleships will be sliding out of the shipyards of Fanatica. We can however have who ever is in charge of spying to send a spy over there to see what the Persians have.

Top Bottom