Term 5- Ministry of Culture

That depends on your definition of democracy. To me, democracy at it's most basic involves majority rule and political equality, together simply as rule by the people. A government where women, racial minorities have no vote, the voting system is dominated either by self-serving oligarchs (the Senate of the time, chosen by the state legislatures) or by the undemocratic system of SMP in the HOR, can not be called democracy by any normal understanding of the term. Indeed, the United States can not be called a democracy today, as it is not "rule by the people". And, rule by the people needn't be direct. Basically, the USA has never been, and isn't, a democracy. And there are many countries that are democracies, such as Germany, New Zealand and Switzerland.

Mr Ashburnham,

Greetings from the FAmily, i am sure you have hearded of me but up until now we have not meet on a offical bases. I am Nobody the Foreign Minister of Japantica.
I have come here to day to ask a favor of you. As you know our nation now has the technology of espionage, and as you also know our nation is currently involved in a war. So i come here today to ask you to bulid the Intelligene agency. As a wonder i think it is our responsability for such things. The Intelligency agency will allow us to see our enemys military, and therefore back up our soliders in the field with up to date intelligence. Also it could be usefull for the Cultural ministry, we could investigate citys and if another nation was about to bulid a wonder that you wanted, we could "sabotage" there production.

I thank you for your consideration and iam sure you will make the right decission.

Don Nobodizni

Honorable Minister,
It has come to my attention that another Governor has placed orders to build two of the small wonders. I am unable to find any discussion or polling on this matter, so I thought I would bring it to your attention.

I will also put in some conflicting build queues for my province with statements to defer to your instructions for overrides.

That is extremely interesting. Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Governor MOTH.

I'll admit, the MoC has been in a bit of disarray in the last week or so. But I will start an investigation immediately.

I wish to apologise for placing 2 small wonders into my queues. As Ashburnham stated, the MoC has been in a bit of a disarray. I will imediately remove them from the queues in the next turnchat.

However, I do want to place up a recomendations for both the Pentagon and the Intelegency Department in order to correct the situation.

Please do accept my humble apologies.
Governer General CivGeneral

As Mayor of Zojoji, I would like to request information about the requirements of building the Iron Works in our great city. Do we need a confirmation Poll or not? This Small Wonder is specific to Zojoji as we are the only city with both Iron and Coal resources. Can we just build it now, even though Governor Zarn has resigned? Can President SD3 just replace the Infantry (we've got like 150 military units already) with The Iron Works Wonder?

I have create a new discussion about the two wonders here.

Not to worry, I have removed the wonders from my queues.

Cyc said:
As Mayor of Zojoji, I would like to request information about the requirements of building the Iron Works in our great city. Do we need a confirmation Poll or not? This Small Wonder is specific to Zojoji as we are the only city with both Iron and Coal resources. Can we just build it now, even though Governor Zarn has resigned? Can President SD3 just replace the Infantry (we've got like 150 military units already) with The Iron Works Wonder?

The feeling of the MoC is that, since Iron Works is such a specific and small Wonder, the choice of building it should fall to the major or governor. Normally, it would be standerd procedure to have a confirmation/placement poll; but since there is only one city able to build this Wonder I will leave it up to the governor's discresion.

Thank you, Minister Ashburnham.

Top Bottom