1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 5 - Nominations for Minister of Defense

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy IV' started by GenMarshall, Apr 23, 2004.

1. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    These are the traditional duties and powers of all councilmembers:

Post polls and discussions to determine citizen desires for departmental policies, plans and agendas.
    Cast a tie-breaking vote in the polls determining their departmental policies, plans and agendas.
    Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas based on citizen feedback.
    Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas of their own in the absence of citizen feedback (forum outage, low participation, etc).
    Convey these policies, plans and agendas to the President for play in the game.
    Call Legislative and Override Council Votes.
    Vote in Council Votes of all types.

These are the duties of the Minister of Defence:

Organize decisions on troop movements.
    Organize decisions on defensive plans.
    Organize decisions on offensive plans.
    Organize decisions on troop upgrades and terminations.
    Call a Mobilization Council Vote to determine if the economy should be mobilized.
    When the economy is mobilized for war, becomes the defacto President, superceding the President in the Chain of Command.
    Can supercede a provincial build queue with military units or improvements during time of invasion.

Please Accept or Decline any nominations you receive.

Yours,
    The Election Office

2. GenMarshall

I wish to nominate myself for this possition.

3. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

Chieftess has done a great job in the conquest of Babylon and Russia along with the siezure of Egyptian cities, so ill nominate CT for a second term.

4. GenMarshall

I would like to point out that I wish to remain Undecided at the moment in this nomination (For referance to the tracker and the populuis)

5. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

I accept.

6. GenMarshall

I have decided to Decline my nomination. Its not because Chieftess accepted her nomination. But its because I would like to run in a different office and let someone elts a shot in this office. I have been running for the Military Department for quite some time and I have decided to run for a different office for a change.

7. tao

tao Deity

I second Chieftess. Even though she is a little bit over-enthusiastic in requesting more military units from the governors. ;)