Term 5 ~ Office of Research and Scientific Development

Strider

In Retrospect
Welcome to the Term ? Office of Research and Science.

Our Current Tech Queue:
Combustion (4 turns)
Mass Production (4 turns)
Motorized Transportation (4 turns)
Flight (5 turns)
Radio (5 turns)

Turns untill completion: 34

The Tech Tree:
Industrial Ages:

Modern Ages:
Modern Age Tech Tree

Our Research Potential: Last Updated 1475 AD
0%: 0 Science
10%: 165 Science
20%: 323 Science
30%: 498 Science
40%: 657 Science
50%: 838 Science
60%: 981 Science
70%: 1151 Science
80%: 1318 Science
90%: 1483 Science
100%: 1641 Science

* Bolded is our current research rate

Current Research Department Discussions/Polls
Discussions:
Planning Our Research Path
Polls:
Science Queue Choice

Reminders for myself:
Monarchy difficulty
Large Map

Congrats, you Strider and Civman2004 did an excellent job last term.
Science has been one of the most well run departments ever since you called for long term plans and went along with them. I really prefer this gaming model.

Provolution said:
Congrats, you Strider and Civman2004 did an excellent job last term.
Science has been one of the most well run departments ever since you called for long term plans and went along with them. I really prefer this gaming model.

Making tech queue's are alot more easy and time conserving. It also allows leaders/govonors to estimate the time when a certain wonder or improvement becomes avaible.

Strider said:
Looking for a deputy:
I'm looking for a deputy for the science department. This person will have to take over the science department in the possibility of my abstence. I will also likely be gone the last week of christmas, and I need someone who is capable of posting instructions during that time (all it'll take is computer access... then you just copy and paste the current tech queue into the turnchat instruction thread, 5 minutes at the most).

I wish I could help, but I am already a governor in Edo and I am not sure if there is law that forbids me from holding a deputy's possition :(.

CivGeneral said:
I wish I could help, but I am already a governor in Edo and I am not sure if there is law that forbids me from holding a deputy's possition :(.
article H forbids it

Black_Hole said:
article H forbids it
And theres my answer, Sorry Strider, I wished I can help but that blasted article prevents me from doing this :(.

CivGeneral said:
And theres my answer, Sorry Strider, I wished I can help but that blasted article prevents me from doing this :(.
i kinda like the article, otherwise we get someone popular to run for every position and win, and then have someone else also run for everything and come in second, thus is the deputy of every deparment
this is one of our most important articles IMHO, as the democracy is less democratic if some people have 3 or 4 jobs in the government and leaving the unpopular people(like me :blush: ) out in the dark

I'm looking for a job. I think it's about time I actually did something rather than acting like a jackass. Still need a deputy?

Crimso said:
I'm looking for a job. I think it's about time I actually did something rather than acting like a jackass. Still need a deputy?

Yeah, consider yourself hired ;).

From the Office of the President!

We can get Theory of Evolution in 2 Turns at Osgiliath! Recommend a 2 turn HALT (0%) to science and a reseting of our priorities towards the designated ToE techs. The extra cash can pay for upgrades and rushes, or perhaps a straight cash buy for Communism if the People want it. Afterwards, with a Zulu Peace Deal, we can likely run at Max Sci (100%) for a good while.

Sir Donald III said:
From the Office of the President!

We can get Theory of Evolution in 2 Turns at Osgiliath! Recommend a 2 turn HALT (0%) to science and a reseting of our priorities towards the designated ToE techs. The extra cash can pay for upgrades and rushes, or perhaps a straight cash buy for Communism if the People want it. Afterwards, with a Zulu Peace Deal, we can likely run at Max Sci (100%) for a good while.

What would be the point? If my reasoning is correct (I admit it's been awhile sense I've played plain old Civ3), then the turn we acquire ToE we WILL NOT receive our two free techs. It is the turn after the completion of the wonder that we will get them. That means upon the completion of ToE, you can change the queue to acquire the two techs (Atomic Theory and Electronics at this point). The very next turn, you can then change it back to what we were researching, with no lost.

Actually, with Replacables at 5 turns now, 4 after an Upcomming Zulu Deal, we will still get ToE BEFORE we pop RP.

Sir Donald III said:
Actually, with Replacables at 5 turns now, 4 after an Upcomming Zulu Deal, we will still get ToE BEFORE we pop RP.

Yes, but it won't matter one way or the other. Technology works slightly like improvements in a sense. Say if you research 2 turns into Chivarly (it takes 7 turns till completion) and then switch to Engeerneering. Whenever you finish Engeerneering and switch back to Chivarly, you'd still have 5 turns untill completion.

Immediatly after the ToE wonder splash a prompt will notify you that the the tech you're researching is now yours, with the usual drop-down box for the next tech, which after hitting ok you recieve.

I've been playing Vanilla a lot recently and if the number of turns left to research a tech is equal to that of the number of turns left to build the ToE, then 3 techs will be earned on said turn.

Thanks for the job Strider! I am under your control boss me around.

Crimso said:
Immediatly after the wonder splash a prompt will notify you that the the tech you're researching is now yours, with the usual drop-down box for the next tech, which after hitting ok you recieve.

I've been playing Vanilla a lot recently and if the number of turns left to research a tech is equal to that of the number of turns left to build the ToE, then 3 techs will be earned on said term.

Thanks for the job Strider! I am under your control boss me around.

Okay, thanks for your assessment. I've not played Plain Civ3 sense Play the World came out. If you've been playing vanilla alot recently, then I picked the right person for deputy, as you make up for my flaws.

A poll has been posted over adopting a new tech queue. You can find the poll here.

Minister Strider

I notice that having just completed Scientific Method, the current immediate tech queue is:

Replaceable Parts
and our two free techs from TOE would be
Atomic Theory
Electronics

However, we are only 2 turns from completing Theory of Evolution (once we switch from the Universal Sufferage prebuild) and Replaceable Parts is due in 5 turns. The queue as it is will give Replaceable Parts of the first of our free techs.

You may have already been intending to do so, but please will you consider this when posting your instructions for the coming turn chat so that we get the correct 2 free techs.

I have already requested Minister Blackheart re-consider the research rate for this 2 turn period (current instructions say 80% which would be wasted).

Thank you

Furiey

edit: Sorry trying to do this quickly before work - should have read more of the thread, but I always thought the research was lost once you end of turn - just having a look at an old game - it certainly seems that way to me.

Top Bottom