Term 5 - Science Department: "From Alchemy to Chemistry"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
Science Leader, Head of Research: Grand Admiral CivGeneral
Science Deputy, Lab Tech: Gunning1
Science Chat Rep, Field Researcher: Stuck_as_A_Mac (To be confurmed)

Our Research goal for this era: Military Tradition
Our Research goal for the next era: Scientific Method

Currently Researching: Chemistry

Next Research: Metallurgy

Term 4

The Science Department hopes to comlpeate the research of Military Tridition and hopefully start the Industrial Age.
I beleve that 67% or better shuld have eather a Library or University?
The Critical Tech we should aim for is Military Tridition.

We need to hire a scientist for we are making no progress whatsoever towards learning chemistry!

Did our other scientist get killed off? Because we used to have one...If he did get killed off, we really do need a scientist.

"From Alchemy to Chemistry" An excellent sub-title, CG. I'm impressed already.

CivGeneral
Congrats to you and your staff. I look forward to a productive term working with you.

I'd like you to set some quantifiable goals for this term and post them in the opening post so that we can evaluate our progress as the term progresses.

For example... Which tech should we be researching by the end of the term? At which general tech level should we be? What percentage of cities should have Libraries? ...Universities? Are there any critical techs that we should definitely have before the end of the term? ...and so on...

I appreciate your attention to this matter.

Originally posted by FortyJ
CivGeneral
Congrats to you and your staff. I look forward to a productive term working with you.

I'd like you to set some quantifiable goals for this term and post them in the opening post so that we can evaluate our progress as the term progresses.

For example... Which tech should we be researching by the end of the term? At which general tech level should we be? What percentage of cities should have Libraries? ...Universities? Are there any critical techs that we should definitely have before the end of the term? ...and so on...

I appreciate your attention to this matter.

Ill work on the goals Right away President 40J :).

attention governor/department leader.

If you need something rushed, or upgraded please post so in the budget thread located here . Check to see how much it costs then post the amount and the reason it needs to be rushed, or upgraded.

Thanks

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
Hey, when are you polling me as chat rep?

Ops, Thanks for reminding me :). Ill poll right away.

After chemistry, we only have 2 more techs. What are the Science Dept.'s plans?

Also, I'm pleased to announce that the science slider is starting to turn towards our favor! Science now increases at 30%!

Current Income: 102gpt

30% - 21 turns, +25gpt (78gpt to learn chemistry 1638g)
40% - 15 turns, +1gpt (101gpt to learn chemistry 1515g)
50% - 11 turns, -39gpt (141gpt to learn chemistry 1551g)

6 turns at 100% (-151g, 253gpt to learn chemistry 1518g)

(I think science is a cosine curve. ;))

The first plan is to raise the science rate bar to a reasonable level that would give us an increace in science while preserving out gpt :).

The next Tech research we would be to continue the path to Military Triditions, unless there is a need to divert from the path.

Our next Tech after Chemistry would be Metallurgy :).

Having the science rate set at anything except zero is wasting resources. Maybe when the game is well in hand we could consider this but we need the advantage of 0% science now.

Shaitan: While it is currently fine at a rate of 0% (but not for very much longer), we have to realize that means we will ALWAYS be behind other civs in technological advances. It makes it very difficult to play catch-up. We wont have a very good chance of getting the game well in hand unless we can get a few decisive advances (possibly by building the Theory of evolution). But we will be lagging behind unless we pre-build for the ToE.

Immortal is right, If we continue researching at 0%, we would get left behind in the dust. I recoment bosting the Science rate to 30% to help speed things along. The Science Department's new Long term goal would be the Scientific Method (Has the Preq. for the Theory of Evolution). The Theory of Evoloution can give us 2 free tech :). I would recomend any govenor to start pre building for the ToE.
Since we also have a large depository of Gems, we can sell them for gpt, thus helping the Science rate :).

Tech advances will have nothing to do with us getting the TOE. Prebuilding will.

Good trading practices will keep us at the forefront of technology and 0% science will give us the cash for that plus the other things we need.

If you can ever get us to the point where raising the slider would save us money I'll support it. Raising it now when it will absolutely cost us money is just silly.

No disagreements there Shaitan, as I stated I agree that now is not the time to increase spending. However, if we have nothing to trade, how can we expect to get needed technologies? We have to ensure our treasury stays high by being prudent on rushing in that case. And also we must make sure our costs (whether they be support costs for the military or whatnot) stay at a level which ensures stable and constant growth.

Immortal is also right again :). We have reached to the point where Tech traiding has become expensive. That is why we should increace the science rate so that we can catch up to the AI.

Setting the Science rate to 30% will still give us income :).

Tech trading is always expensive. It's also less expensive than researching for ourselves. No matter which way you slice it, right now we waste money if we do our own research. Later in the game when doing our own research won't lose money we should raise the slider. Right now it should stay at zero.

Shaitan is correct. Our Government is a Monarchy. We are not set to be doing our own Science. Maybe after we expand our borders, build up our infrastructure, and change to a Democracy we will be able to handle our own research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom