Term 6 - Defense Ministry

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
Welcome to the Term 6 Ministry of Defense office.

Previous offices:
Term V - vikingruler
Term IV - ranger99 - No office created
Term III - ranger99
Term II - vikingruler
Term I - vikingruler

Objectives
  • Rebalance defensive troops
  • Establish quick reaction teams near conflict borders
  • "Prune" Rome, Persia and France (Eliminate them from the continent)
  • Establish amphibious force capable of invading Japan territory for a raid in force

-- Ravensfire, Minister of Defense

Relative Status
Persia - Strong! Threat rating: Low and dropping!
Rome - Strong! Threat rating: None
France - Strong! Threat rating: Low
Japan - Strong! Threat rating: Medium
England - Strong! Threat rating: Medium
Babylon - Strong! Threat rating: Minimal

Kill Count
Germany

Planned instructions for the next game session:

• Destroy the remnants of Persia on our homeland
  • Maintain reaction forces to eliminate incursions from England

Current conflicts:

War with Japan
Peace has been declared! After years of landing sacrificial troops on our borders, the leaders of Japan have finally come to their senses and sued for peace.

War with Persia
The northern cities of Persia have been razed into dust. Our troops have also taken the city of Istakhar, from whence we shall demonstrate our superior technology and culture. We are prepared to begin our assault on the remaining Persian cities on this continent in the next decade.

Dear Defense Minister.

First of all: Congratulations with your new office. Nothing beats the feeling of conquering an office through a well held election-campaign. And you've led such a campaign !! Through a carefully thought out strategy, combined with smart tactics and a level of aggressiveness that many of us didn't expect of you you managed to win the elections by a landslide. Some say your enemies got 0 votes, some even say they withdrew rather than to face you. Well done !!

Olympus is willing to support the war effort. Unless we research Sanitation, Olympus will build strictly units. What units would you like Olympus to build ? You can post a list of desired troops in Olympus; thread

Regards
Rik Meleet
Governor of Olympus.

The Aguen Stables is also avalible for unit production when the coloseum is finished.
Post in my office for what types.

Proposed instructions for 1255AD game session

France border (West)
-- Reposition all troops currently near, or within, the French border to the city Styx. This is a Quick Reaction force that may be used, along with the Cavalry in the core cities, to defeat any hostile landings on our South-West shore.
-- Do not move the Elite Hoplite or the MI SE of the Hoplite - they can keep an eye on the French.
-- Any Cavalry in Augean Stables there should be moved to Priapos.

East
-- Move 1 Rifleman from Civantonia and Olympos to Rome. Once they arrive, move the Musket from Rome back to Civantonia.
-- Move 1 Rifleman from Berlin to Saltpeter Colony.
-- Move 1 Rifleman from Besancon
-- Move the Musket from Besancon to Berlin, and upgrade

Rome
-- Immediately use 4 Cavalry from Rome to block the French settler from moving East or North.

Munich Attack Force
-- Move the Cannon and Cavalry (2) from Besancon to the Saltpeter colony
-- Move the Cavalry, Knights (2) and Crusaders (2) from Civantonia to the Saltpeter colony.
This should take 2 turns
Once all units have arrived, move them together to attack and destroy Munich. Remember to utilize the Elite units when you feel it is safe to do so.
Return to the Saltpeter colony when done.

Pisae Attack Force
-- Use all* units East of Rome. Move them as a single stack to attack and raze Pisae. Remember to have at least one successful victory with the Army, and then lead with Elites if you feel they odds are good. Once Pisae is razed, use the Cavalry and Knights to block the Persians from reclaiming that territory. The remaining units should return to Rome.
*Except the 2 HP cavalry unit. Return them to Rome to heal, then place on blockade duty.

If Rome should flip, continue to Raze Pisae, then turn the entire force to reconquer Rome.

Unit upgrades:
-- Upgrade the Hoplite in Styx (90 Gold). Unit is to move to the Fortification after the upgrade.
-- Upgrade Musket from Besancon in Berlin (30 gold).

Minister Ravensfire,

I would like to build colonies first one on the Incense then one on the Silks to help with our War wearieness and lack of luxuries. Please could you make some provision in your instructions for troops to protect these colonies.

Thank you

Minster Ravensfire.

We removed the Romans from our continent and made Peace with the Romans. We stopped the chat on turn 6 for you to consider the arrangements needed for Persia. I believe we need to move quickly as the loss of the Persian gpt hurt us badly and if we're not taking it from them they will be using it against us. We may even be able to persuade them to declare on us as they are at remove or war. An alliance with France may be an option worth considering. We have 3 turns remaining of our Wines for Silks deal with Persia for you to prepare in.

Furiey said:
Minister Ravensfire,

I would like to build colonies first one on the Incense then one on the Silks to help with our War wearieness and lack of luxuries. Please could you make some provision in your instructions for troops to protect these colonies.

Thank you

Excellent! I will certainly detail the needed troops the safeguard the colonies.

Furiey said:
Minster Ravensfire.

We removed the Romans from our continent and made Peace with the Romans. We stopped the chat on turn 6 for you to consider the arrangements needed for Persia. I believe we need to move quickly as the loss of the Persian gpt hurt us badly and if we're not taking it from them they will be using it against us. We may even be able to persuade them to declare on us as they are at remove or war. An alliance with France may be an option worth considering. We have 3 turns remaining of our Wines for Silks deal with Persia for you to prepare in.

Then let it be known that Persia has but 3 turns of peace to prepare themselves. Let all further aid to them be halted. Let all other nations know that we consider Persia unclean.

I will start a planning thread for Persia tonight!

-- Ravensfire

Minister Ravensfire, I forget to mention that I upgraded the Musket as per your request, but did not manage to upgrade the requested Hoplite before our deals with Persia ended and the resulting negative gpt wiped out our treasury.

Are there any specific railroads you need building for the preparation? There are currently 5 stacks of workers able to complete a section of rail in one turn. There is still work to do around the cities, particularly Civantonia, Augean Stables and the Expatriate Territories, but please let me know if you need some Worker gangs to build some rails quickly before we declare.

President Furiey,

While there are a few intringuing option for rails, I certainly do not want any risk to come to our workers right now. Having them focus on our core cities is a better use of their time and will keep them safe.

Thanks!

TimBentley said:
I forgot to mention that all three Japanese galleons near Priapos have already dropped off troops.

Ah - excellent! I was wondering about that.

Outline of instructions for tonights game session:

-- Continue with already posted battle plan.
-- Found a new Army and load the two Elite(*) Cavalry into it.
-- Once the 3 northern cities are captured, capture Istakhar.
-- Using forces from the Northern cities, move towards Persia West. Battle plan to be provided this evening.

DP is given full discretion on timing and pace to account for injured units and minor setbacks. You know what you're doing, DaveShack - go get 'em!

Minister Ravensfire,

May I ask why tou are only putting 2 cavalry units in the new Army? Why not 3? We have enough Cavalry that we can spare a third unit for the Army and it's not as if we need to wait for another unit to be upgraded. The only possibly reason for waiting that I can see would be for another leader to supply another Elite*, but this could be a long wait and in the meantime we have a below strength Army which would otherwise go through the Persian defenders with ease..

Furiey said:
Minister Ravensfire,

May I ask why tou are only putting 2 cavalry units in the new Army? Why not 3? We have enough Cavalry that we can spare a third unit for the Army and it's not as if we need to wait for another unit to be upgraded. The only possibly reason for waiting that I can see would be for another leader to supply another Elite*, but this could be a long wait and in the meantime we have a below strength Army which would otherwise go through the Persian defenders with ease..

My intent is, as you surmised, to try for another great leader. I keep forgetting that MGL's are of somewhat limited use, as we will have maximized the number of Armies our small nation can support. I will change the orders to add another Cavalry to the Army.

Thanks!

Top Bottom