Term 6 DP pool

I would like to ask the new DP pool manager to be removed from the DP pool during this term, or if you feel that the current number of DP's is too small, to be skipped for now.

I'm confused, was this a request to remove yourself from the play order or be skipped, or for the new DP pool manager to be removed?

I'll tentatively assume it was a request to be skipped, in which case I'd be up. We can fix things up later if this assumption was wrong.

donsig - played
Hyronymus - played
Dutchfire - skip requested?
DaveShack - UP assuming correct interpretation of skip request

Falcon02
Joe Harker

Allowing for 3 days of discussion and 2 of polling since the last session, the target date should be Wednesday, so...

The next play session is scheduled for Wednesday August 22, 10PM PDT (GMT-7). That's Thursday Aug 23, 0500 GMT. It will be an online regular session, planning for 10 turns, with myself as DP.

I fear I must leave the DP pool.

I find my interest in the current game has waned greatly, as can be gathered by my lack of posts recently. Work has also been taking up more of my time recently which hasn't helped either.

So Farewell...

I fear I must leave the DP pool.

donsig - played
Hyronymus - played
Dutchfire - skip requested
DaveShack - played
Falcon02 - dropped
Joe Harker - UP

I am away from tomorrow till Wednesday, so the turnchat is likey to be a week from Saturday (1st of September?)

Can't, i am on holiday and i get back late on Wednesday, then i need to give at least two days notice for people to post instructions. So Saturday is the nearest possible time.

Perhaps a 2 turn session? :)

That could be done separately, by any willing DP. All we would need is a clear goal, an instruction thread, and 24 hours notice.

We need a firm decision on civics though, because Taj will finish. If we're going to switch it should be before the GA.

Forgot to ask dutchfire, do you want to play? It was never clear if the previous statement was a complete withdrawl from the pool or just a skip. If it was a skip request you'd be up before donsig's 2nd session.

Forgot to ask dutchfire, do you want to play? It was never clear if the previous statement was a complete withdrawl from the pool or just a skip. If it was a skip request you'd be up before donsig's 2nd session

:hmm: That depends, if we're going to do a 2 turn session, then I'm willing to do it. A full 10+ turnchat (probably with a lot of combat too) would be too much though.

I wish to have one more gameplay session in this term but the Designated Player for that gameplay session, Joe Harker, will be on holiday and unable to play anytime sooner than September 1st. Is there any DP available that can hold a gameplay session before the end of this term (end of August)?

I could but I will not nominate myself. I'm already interim-Chieftan and Governor of the Northwestern aimag, that are too many responsibilities and powers that be in my opinion.

Fair warning, if I don't hear by this time tomorrow that a session has been scheduled by some other DP, I'll be scheduling one for Thursday night Aug 30 at 10PM PDT = 0500 GMT Aug 31.

Fair warning, if I don't hear by this time tomorrow that a session has been scheduled by some other DP, I'll be scheduling one for Thursday night Aug 30 at 10PM PDT = 0500 GMT Aug 31.
What kind of session, for 2 turns?

Come on fellow DP's, speak up!

I can play one tomorrow morning. Here is the announcement, using the format in the current GPSSA proposal:

I (donsig) will play on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 1500 GMT (Which I hope is 10 am eastern US time.)

We have no provision for back-up players at this time so there are no authorized back-up DPs for this session.

We are currently on 1695 AD.

It will be an offline session, expected number of turns is no more than 10.

Starting save.

Link to last session.

GPIT for 1695 AD.

Well, 1500 GMT has went and you didn't announce it officially so according to our proposal you cannot play at that time :p. Remember the 24 hours announcement period :p.

EDIT: nvm, I'm on GMT +2. If Daveshack doesn't reply before 14:55 GMT I'll grant the gameplay session to donsig. Please stick around donsig (and join MSN to help me remind).

I think we have sufficient ability to post conditional orders on the GP usage that we don't really need the 2 turn session, might as well forge ahead with the regular 10.

Thanks Donsig! I didn't really want to play two sessions in a row. :D

Right, how good a governor I am will be illustrated by my next line :p. I went to a computer without Civ4. I have to pass on giving orders but maybe someone feels like impersonating me?!

Top Bottom