1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 6 Election - President

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of Democracy' started by Sigma, May 27, 2006.

?

Who should serve as our next President?

Poll closed May 30, 2006.
  1. CivGeneral

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. Nobody

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. Abstain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sigma

Sigma Censor

Term 6 Election for the Office of the President

The President is a member of the Triumvirate. The duties of the Triumvirate include issuing stop orders, declaring a state of mobilization, and appointing the Director of Intelligence.
    In addition, the President is tasked with defining a budget, resolving disputes between officials, controlling settlers and naval units, and is given all powers not expressly given to another official and not retained by the Citizens Assembly.

Link to Nomination Thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172021

Please vote for the citizen who you feel should serve as our President for the next term.

Options:
    • CivGeneral
    • Nobody
    • Abstain

This poll has been marked private because it is an election poll.
    Elections will be open for 3 days, and will close on May 30th at approximately 8:00 PM EDT (00:00 UTC).

Should they choose to write them, the candidates' platforms will appear below.

Good luck to both candidates!

2. CivGeneral

CivGeneral Valkyrie Grand General

3. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

Vote for Nobody:goodjob:

get it:p

4. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

Look like it's gonna be a close one :D

5. CivGeneral

I would encurage all citizens to vote for CivGeneral for a strong community and a strong nation.

6. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

I would encourage people to vote for Nobody, because think of the puns, and also CIVGENERAL QUIT NESING:mad:

7. CivGeneral

How is that relevant to the Demogame? I can tell you that I did not quit NESing, but still I feel that this has little relivance to the demogame. Also, I have a good responsibility track record here in the Demogame whenever I am not too busy with College related work.

I would advise that you stop the mudslinging since it does not look good for the person who is chucking the mud.
    "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Buddha

If you want a strong sense of a community as well as a friendly atmosphere. I encurage all citizens to vite for CivGeneral.

8. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

What mudslinging? i see no mudslinging. Not even any mud. in fact, there is an obvious lack of dirt, and the only water around is he water in my body;)

Just as Nobody not being able to PBEM is relevant, I find this to be relevent. Though not relevent enough to change anyones minds.

9. CivGeneral

Actualy, it is mudslinging in which is used to deface the character and reputation of the canidate. This also falls along the lines of bearing false witnesses against your neighbor.

I dont see the NESing to be relevant, though I can see comming from you as a NESer as kind of a bias thought. Again, falls under the terms of bearing false witnesses against your neighbor and damaging the reputation of another person by exaggeration or making up stories about your neighbor. You clearly dont understand the full story in regards to me and the NES. Many of the NES games do fall into the relms of the second pages due because of lack of interest or that the poster in charge of the NES game itself has not updated the thread in a long time. I did not quit the NES game that I partisapated in, the guy who was running it declared it dead due because he had so much stuff on his hands.

"Judge not, lest ye be not judged." (Matthew 7:1)

10. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

:crazyeye: Defacing the reputation and character of you, hardly. i doubt the half of the people here know what NESing is, let alone care. You my friend are playing politics, and THAT is a reason i would urge people not to vote for you. If your such an idealist, whats with the lack of comment on BCLG's comment, or is that okay because it worked in your favor:hmm:

You, my deluded friend, are mistaken in the intent of my words, and mistaken in calling me a mudslinger. You have cleared up the situation of a comment made in jest and parody.

Ah, the scandals of the demogame, so many and so few;)

11. CivGeneral

I can tell you that I am not playing politics. I am running for the presidency to encurage a streingth in community and establish an atmosphere of freindship. I do have plans to revive and bring new light into this game. I plan to create a program to advertise this demogame within CFC and the net with the help of our demogame Mods. I have plans to create a strong foundation for a Demogame community and foster freindship amongst citizens. I am in no way shape or for playing politics. I am running for president because I wish to improve the Demogame and attract new citizens into the Demogame.

I do seriously hope that you dont take the Demogame too seriously because that is the impression that I am getting. And that is also the point that I have been trying to get across is that many of our citizens have been to serious and entangled with the demogame that they think its a mirror of real life politics. I can asure you that I am serious about the demogame in terms of group structure, inter-poster contact, and a freindly atmosphere.

The lack of comment on BCLG's comment is because I felt the question was more direct towards Nobody and I felt no need to comment about it, Since I am a Catholic Christian, I feel its none of my buissness to judge Nobody in regards to his PBEM habits.

12. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

I am not saying your run is for political reasons, i am saying your accusation is. Your accusation was postulated as to magnify a comment to discredit a Nobody supporter, and by doing so, discredit the candidate himself. You contextualized the words of one who supports the opposing candidate so you could fit it in with your platform and gain support.

That my friend, is playing politics:)

13. CivGeneral

I was not in any shape or form discrediting a Nobody supporter, I am mearly defending myself against such accusations against me. Also, I am not in anyway discrediting my canidate because I want to run in a freindly clean cut election where it does not contain biases.

I am an unbiased person, which is why I did not commented about Nobody's PBEM habits because I felt that if I commented on Nobody's PBEM habits, I would be judging that person as well as hurting him. Plus that question was directed to Nobody himself, not me.

14. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

As it should be - two equally good candidates. :goodjob:

15. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

:eek: it's tied now it was something like 7 Civ Gneral 2 Nobody earlier today :eek:

16. CivGeneral

I encurage all citizens, who wish to see a strong community in the demogame as well as a strong nation, and have not yet voted to vote for CivGeneral

17. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

Greetings Citizens, I am Nobotti Nobodazine your next president,

As those who know me already know I am a hard working citizen when I accept a position I attempt to fulfill the position to my best ability. Look at when I was nominated for Chief Justice earlier in this game. I was the only person who stood up for the job, and then half the demo game fell upon me. Accusing me of all sorts of heinous legal obstructions while I attempted to do what was right.

Now I might not have any mamby pamby religion of the week quotes for you, but here is a quote I like

Why am I running for president? Well first I will explain my motivation. In the demo game I like holding a office. Generally speaking when I make a good attempt as getting elected it works. Now president is the highest office, I intended to run for judiciary this term. But then I saw that the presidential election was fairly empty and I was fairly sure I could beat Civ general. That’s why I ran for election. Might sound bad but I thought this would be a easy run.

Nobody, what makes you the ideal candidate for the presidency?

Well I am great fun to have around, im hard working and I am very presidential. Expect elaborate posts, secret Presidential Orders and enjoyable time had by all.

What will be your goals?

Well first there is the day to day work, Appointing officials, defining the Budget and controlling the settlers and naval units. On top of this I intend to bring back some of the Old RP fun to the game. Although I don’t do well with the bank and crap system of the official RPG I do like to have fun. Their will be at least two balls during my term and I might just bring back a honor system. These acts will bring the community closer together and we wu

What do you think about the importance of the laws against the importance of being able to rule the country effectively?

I get annoyed at the juristic mumbo jumbo just like the rest of us. But have no intention of breaking any laws so we won’t have a problem. And it’s not hard to follow the set procedures (for appointment ect) it is easier to lean on the side of the law rather than forcing a confrontation with the Judiciary. My friends 

That said I am open to suggestion and if you have any ideas feel free to tell me. Also you might have noticed that I haven’t mentioned any pbems or Nes because it’s all puffery. And I haven’t used my usual tactic of mudslinging my opponent. That’s because CGs a nice guy and I have no reason to burn him but cg don’t start the fire.

Please Citizens come out and Vote Nobody! Together we can bring this demo game back, no more Nostalgia lets make it good now!

By the way if you can tell me where the quote came from you will receive a free Bumble bee toy

18. CivGeneral

Speeking as an ordinary citizen with asparations to revive the Demogame and encurage new citizens. I do give applause to Nobody for his maturity and self control to refrain from mudslinging. I personaly like to run in an election that is civil as well as contains a freindly atmosphere. I feel that is what should attract citizens to the Demogame as well as encourage citizens to run for elections with out fear of intimidations.

CivGeneral turns the page of his letter

For the budget, my plan is to maitain our budget levels in the black (Black: Buissiness termanology for income were as Red is a term that represents debit) and keep our science progressing.

For settlers, I am open on any citizen's suggenstions to where we can settle our settlers witin the known world to expand our spear of influence.

For the naval units, I will be working along side with the Minister of Defense to coridinate our units during times of war. During times of peace, I shall use our naval units to explore the oceans of our world and further making contact to unknown lands on this world.

I encurage any citizen who has not yet voted and wish to see a strong community, freindly atmosphere, as well as new citizens comming to the demogame to bring life to this game. Vote for CivGeneral.

19. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I'm most certainly not throwing mud here, just a little confused. :crazyeye:

As I recall it, the controvery was about something else. You were more like caught in the crossfire and wounded, right?

20. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Here's a very important question for both candidates:

Do you have any clue who you'd appoint to the open Judiciary position? ;)

Edit: oops, didn't notice there was another self nom, disregard question... :lol: