Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Octavian X

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Duke of Marlbrough

The Quiet Moderator
Retired Moderator
We actually only have one elction this for this term. Poll closes Friday, Jan 3rd, new Term takes office Saturday, Jan 4th.

It will be an election for the office of President:

Shall Jayne return as our Queen, or shall Octavian X continue his reign as King?

Domestic Advisor:

GaryNemo returns to his natural place (as if he ever left ;)).

Military Advisor:

Funxus will lead our troops against the Vikings and all who oppose us.

Foreign Affairs Advisor:

Will either be Jayne or Octavian X. Whichever is elected Vice President shall be our Foreign Affairs Advisor.

Science Advisor:

Naervod enters when almost every tech leads to something we want.

Nomination Thread

Just so you're aware, I can only play on weekdays - preferably Monday or Friday mornings and the occasional Wednesday. Hopefully this will fit in OK with our current 4-5 day cycle.

Well, I thought the system we had last term seemed all right, but I don't know how DoM, Jayne and Octavian feel about it. With the system, I mean that the one who has time can play and maybe relieve each other so that the position as president doesn't take too much time. It's up to you how you do it, but I say it's fine with me if someone else than the president plays a turn now and then:)

Twice a week is too fast for me. I think this last term, a Pres posted that they were starting to play Now. And then posted and forecast when they would play again, in about 4-5 days.

Since 3250BC Term 2, I have been Domestic Advisor threadid=30726, with one spell under Civ1 as Vigorous Deputy. Happy to serve. If you don't like it, just post quite a bit and run against me next time - I can get you elected.

Oct X, are you going to play a turn Friday Jan 3, 1300AD? Soon we will Celebrate the New Year, but only at Lux=30% this time.

Again, as long as we have a schedule that everyone knows and can keep to it, that's fine.

Having the game played on certain days of the week is usually more of a conveience for the President. Plus, it makes it easier for the players to know when turns are played. We don't want to have the time between turns be so long that people get tired of waiting for the game to progress, but we also want to allow time for the vital aspects of the game to be discussed.

Where-ever possible I would prefer to play Monday, Friday or maybe Wednesday mornings. Lucy and I do stuff on other days. I could play Tuesday or Thursday afternoons, but Lucy is less predictable at sleeping in the afternoons and I like to play when she's asleep so I can give my full attention. I can't play at weekends. Perhaps if we have a two-week cycle so I play Monday-Friday-Wednesday-Monday. That would be the best plan for me.

funxus wrote: Well, I thought the system we had last term seemed all right, but I don't know how DoM, Jayne and Octavian feel about it. With the system, I mean that the one who has time can play and maybe relieve each other so that the position as president doesn't take too much time. It's up to you how you do it, but I say it's fine with me if someone else than the president plays a turn now and then
Personally, when I'm President, I prefer to play as many turns consectutively as I can. I found that playing after MonkE and Octavian I had lost track of what units were doing and it took me longer to get back into the flow of things, and I probably missed more. But yes, if the elected president can't play for an extended period then we need more people to take over.

Originally posted by Jayne
Where-ever possible I would prefer to play Monday, Friday or maybe Wednesday mornings. Lucy and I do stuff on other days. I could play Tuesday or Thursday afternoons, but Lucy is less predictable at sleeping in the afternoons and I like to play when she's asleep so I can give my full attention. I can't play at weekends. Perhaps if we have a two-week cycle so I play Monday-Friday-Wednesday-Monday. That would be the best plan for me.

Sounds good to me. It gives us a little more time between turns, but keeps the game moving. :goodjob:

Personally, when I'm President, I prefer to play as many turns consectutively as I can. I found that playing after MonkE and Octavian I had lost track of what units were doing and it took me longer to get back into the flow of things, and I probably missed more. But yes, if the elected president can't play for an extended period then we need more people to take over.

It is rather difficult to step into the game when someone else had been playing. Everyone has their own styles. When I played, it took me about 4 hours to get 5 turns done. Most of that was prep time of reading the threads and reviewing the map/units/cities. Then playing went fairly well until my system crashed (for some reason it picks moments to just reboot itself) and then I had to replay a lost turn. All the while taking notes and screenshots..... But, it was worth it. :)

Originally posted by Duke of Marlbrough
Then playing went fairly well until my system crashed (for some reason it picks moments to just reboot itself)

I think our computers may be related. Mine has a habit of doing that, also...

Back on topic, I can see how playing styles may easily get mixed up. Some people complained when I started stacking caravans, rather then giving them their own tile. I feel that putting them on their own tiles gets confusing...

As you say, I've noticed that all the caravans are palced outside the cities. Why aren't they placed inside the cities, I always do that?

Re Caravans: It helps the several people that can't load the game. I also find it helpful, I can see them at a glance, how many and such. I know it's not safe, perhaps one per city if we wished -- but really, does Little Nemo need a Caravan Guard? I doubt it.

Btw, Jayne played this morning, and she's planning to play again next Wednesday. Sounds good to me.

Top Bottom