1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 6 Nomination: Chief Justice

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy Game II' started by dutchfire, Jul 24, 2007.

1. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Position: Chief Justice

This is the nomination thread for the office of Chief Justice

The Judicial Branch will consist of the Chief Justice, Public Defender, and Judge Advocate.
    These three justices are tasked with upholding, clarifying and reviewing all changes to the Constitution and its supporting laws through Judicial Reviews, and upholding the rights of all citizens through Investigations.
    The Judiciary will carry out all its tasks in a fair and timely manner.
    Any poll by the judiciary for which the primary subject is an individual or impacts upon an individual must be private.
    A lower form of law may specify judicial procedures and standards for the conduct of Judicial Reviews and Citizen Complaints. If the law does not define such procedures, then the responsibility for setting procedures is granted to the Judiciary.

To nominate a citizen for Chief Justice, including yourself, post the name in this thread or PM me, dutchfire. Self-nominations are considered automatically accepted unless indicated otherwise. Citizens may only accept one nomination.

All citizens are encouraged to post questions to the nominees about their plans and qualifications for the office. Nominees are encouraged, but not required, to answer these questions.

The nominations thread will close by 16.00 GMT on Juli 27th.

2. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I will have considerable Civ-less time next month, so will self-nominate for CJ.

3. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Your timing is perfect. Now, which would be more fun, running against DaveShack for CJ or serving on the judiciary with him? I'll have to mull this one over.

4. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

I nominate (or second) Donsig and Daveshack.

5. Lockesdonkey

Lockesdonkey Liberal Jihadist

I will be entering college during the last week of Term 6, and Model Parliament looks like its about to heat up. All told, I don't think that I have any time to be Chief Justice here. I might run for another judiciary office, but nothing else. I don't have the time or the energy to do two Civ-related diversions, get ready for college, and have a life.

Executive summary: Don't want Chief Justice, might be willing to go for a lesser position in the Judiciary, but haven't decided yet.

6. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Back to Civ!

Come on, there is so much land out there. Why can't we all get along? ;)

7. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Ask Napoleon, Bismarck and Julius Caesar about that :p

8. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Back to Civ!

Em...except for Napoleon, I think we were the ones to start the fight :lol:

9. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

nice idea

Gallia est partes tres, one for me, one for you and one for civ.

10. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

If the two of you served together I would imagine that all judicial reviews would get thoroughly discussed so that everyone here knew the pertaining laws intimately. The two of you combine alone when make an excellent judicial branch. Yeah, work together, we could use you both (plus it gets Donsig active again ;) ).

11. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

That's a good line of reasoning Methos. Guess I'll see if I can win one of the other two seats. I will decline this nomination.

12. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

If both of them served together, at least we'd be sure there would be no unanimous votes in the judiciary :p

For which position can I write you up then donsig?

13. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Believe it or not, there have been many more agreements between us than disagreements. The disagreements just tend to be a bit more flashy than the agreements do. :cool:

14. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

True, but those disagreements also tend to bring out a very detailed and thorough description of the full problem. Hence I strongly believe our empire would benefit extremely well with the two of you sitting side by side as judicial officials. That thought alone has me pulling for the both of you.

:lol: It's amazing what the deciding factor is for some of us! :lol:

15. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

DaveShack will be our new Chief Justice!