Term 6 Nomination: Head Scientist

dutchfire

Deity
Retired Moderator
Position: Head Scientist

This is the nomination thread for the office of Head Scientist

A Head Scientist will be responsible for the tech path of our civilization. He will issue research orders before each turnchat. The Head Scientist is encouraged to submit long term research proposals, but should be ready to adjust these in accordance with the wishes of citizens. The Head Scientist will also have the power to make recommendations to Elders concerning the research output of their cities, as well as recommending changes to the tax rate to the Chieftain.

To nominate a citizen for Head Scientist, including yourself, post the name in this thread or PM me, dutchfire. Self-nominations are considered automatically accepted unless indicated otherwise. Citizens may only accept one nomination.

All citizens are encouraged to post questions to the nominees about their plans and qualifications for the office. Nominees are encouraged, but not required, to answer these questions.

The nominations thread will close by 16.00 GMT on Juli 27th.

Note: mike6426 has already been Head Scientist for two terms, so he can't run this term.

Hmm, I also self-nominate for this job.

I thought people could be nominated for multiple positions but have to choose one in the end?

You have to choose one before nominations close.

I thought people could be nominated for multiple positions but have to choose one in the end?

Excerpt from Citizen Initiative - Conducting Elections
The Election Act of 4000 BC

Citizens can only accept one nomination for an elected office. If they accept more than one, the EO [Election Official] will try to determine which one is their preference. If the EO cannot, they will assume the most recent acceptance takes precendence. The Designated Player pool is not considered an elected office

In this case the EO is dutchfire, but you just have to state your preference and dutchfire will have put you in that poll.

I nominate robboo.

I back down from running for Head Scientist.

I nominate HUSch

Tanktunker is the only candidate, and wins this election. Congrats and hopefully you'll have a good time here in the demogame :D

Welcome aboard! :)

Top Bottom