1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 6 Nomination: Public Defender

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy Game II' started by dutchfire, Jul 24, 2007.

1. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Position: Public Defender

This is the nomination thread for the office of Public Defender

The Judicial Branch will consist of the Chief Justice, Public Defender, and Judge Advocate.
    These three justices are tasked with upholding, clarifying and reviewing all changes to the Constitution and its supporting laws through Judicial Reviews, and upholding the rights of all citizens through Investigations.
    The Judiciary will carry out all its tasks in a fair and timely manner.
    Any poll by the judiciary for which the primary subject is an individual or impacts upon an individual must be private.
    A lower form of law may specify judicial procedures and standards for the conduct of Judicial Reviews and Citizen Complaints. If the law does not define such procedures, then the responsibility for setting procedures is granted to the Judiciary.

To nominate a citizen for Public Defender, including yourself, post the name in this thread or PM me, dutchfire. Self-nominations are considered automatically accepted unless indicated otherwise. Citizens may only accept one nomination.

All citizens are encouraged to post questions to the nominees about their plans and qualifications for the office. Nominees are encouraged, but not required, to answer these questions.

The nominations thread will close by 16.00 GMT on Juli 27th.

2. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

I self-nominate.

3. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

I will self-nominate and accept for Public Defender.

4. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

think you got a better shot against me than Dave? well good luck anyway, for some reason no one tends to vote for me.

5. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Back to Civ!

Questions for both candidates:

What are your plans and qualifications?

6. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

Plans? To try and answer all your legal questions in a fair and timely manner and if the need arises to defend the public from prosecution.

I think i have fulfilled this role well this term, i didn't really like the way the chief justice organized things, i have been the only public defend who has really had to do carry out his main function this demo game. I think i have done it well and in the coming days we will find out. (how the current case comes out).

You may have found my attention to the entire polling debates to be lacking. Its because when in office i try to ignore everything other than official Judiciary acts. I like it when the Chief Justice posts all the JR and CC in the court docket and Writes clearly what questions need to be answered. But we didn't have this during the last term so it tripped me up a bit at the start. Actually the entire organization of this terms judiciary was lacking and it made it hard as a lesser judge to follow what was going on.
    Nothing personal against the Chief Justice, but i prefer as a Public defender if the Thread is organized more like term 3 than term 5.

Anyway i think when it came time to stand up and fulfill my role as public defender i have defended Joe to the best of my ability. What more can you ask?

Also though i like donsig and would have voted for him as chief justice over pretty much anyone, i don't think he is appropriate for this roll. I think he takes things to personally and cant carry out these office (PD or JA not CJ).

Normally im not one to bring up the past.. (because mine is so bad, Remember when i was president :cry: WORST PRESIDENT EVER!) but the reason i wouldnt vote for donsig even if i wasnt running and the reason i plead with you not to vote for him now, is because i feel one of the most important things about being PD or JA is being able to defend or prosecute the case to the best of your ability no matter what your personal feeling.

I don't believe donsig could do this: long ago the question was put to him

to which he replyed

How can you vote for public defender who is not willing to defend the public.

I don't care if someone is accused of Playing the game forward and public admits he did it because its funny to ruin the game. I will defend him with every word i can type.

Vote Nobody!

FOR MORE WEEKS!!

By the way looking up that thread i was quoting (link)
    I saw a quote from Donovan Zoi (a super hero)

This words are still as relevant today as then, and i would have followed them but i want to win, so really VOTE NOBODY! FOUR MORE WEEKS!