Term 6 - Nominations for Minister of Defense

Bootstoots

Deity
Retired Moderator
These are the traditional duties and powers of all ministers:

Post polls and discussions to determine citizen desires for departmental policies, plans and agendas.
Cast a tie-breaking vote in the polls determining their departmental policies, plans and agendas.
Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas based on citizen feedback.
Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas of their own in the absence of citizen feedback (forum outage, low participation, etc).
Convey these policies, plans and agendas to the President for play in the game.

These are the duties of the Minister of Defence:

Organize decisions on troop movements.
Organize decisions on defensive plans.
Organize decisions on offensive plans.
Organize decisions on troop upgrades and terminations.

Please Accept or Decline any nominations you receive.

Yours,
The Election Office

I accept my nomination, too.

I have a question for the canidates:
If possible will you use nuclear weapons to end the game(if we have them by then..) or would you fight it out conventionally?

1. If I had to use them, I would use them against targets that have large troop conentrations of strong defensive units. In other words, 15 or more defensive units in a square, I would use the Nukes for tactical purposes. I would not shoot them directly at the target however if we had troops in the radius, id shoot near it to wipe out their troops and keep ours alive. I have noticed that units in the blast radius seem to have a higher ratio of getting killed that units directly in the blast area.

For strategic purposes meaning against opposing cities, Id also have to consider the factors. If the city has a high population (30population+), id nuke it before trying to take it due to high defense. In my games (though I admit im prone to nuclear apocolypse situations in my games) I use nukes instead of artillery. Sick considering the vast amount of "death", but extremely effective.

In short, I have nothing against using nukes to help our war, but I would limit them only to the most important of targets that are of tactical value to aid our troops on the field. Im also not above torching a capital to cut road access, and so destroy their resource base.

I tend not to use nuke because of the pollution, and the fact that other civs declare war on you if you use it. Granted, I haven't used nukes in a LONG time (I usually win the game well before then). If we were doing really badly, I'd use them on a stack, but try to use them in such a way to minimize terrain damage (attack on mostly hills, coastline, etc, so that one of the blast tiles still covers the unit).

Chieftess said:
I tend not to use nuke because of the pollution, and the fact that other civs declare war on you if you use it. Granted, I haven't used nukes in a LONG time (I usually win the game well before then). If we were doing really badly, I'd use them on a stack, but try to use them in such a way to minimize terrain damage (attack on mostly hills, coastline, etc, so that one of the blast tiles still covers the unit).
My realization is that at this point, other nations declaring war on us matters little to the game. So too does pollution on their continent. In this way, small scale nuclear attacks on important tactical targets (troops or high pop cities) or strategic targets (resources in groups and Capital cities) is not something to be rules out. I do not advocate mass nuclear barrage like I used to, (In my American game, I fired over 70 ICBM's at the Koreans for 1 nuke at my top production city that was over 130 SPT. Naturally, they never came back.) But I do understand its use as a powerful weapon for tactical warfare to save our troops from high casualties.

Personally, I just like keeping the production we have intact, due to all the desert we already have... (The Groton area is a great production area).

Chieftess said:
Personally, I just like keeping the production we have intact, due to all the desert we already have... (The Groton area is a great production area).
that it is, but Im also saying that if were about to win the game, production dosent matter as much...

Right. We're about 2-3 turns away from the last Persian cities (we're approaching the huge culture border gap, so our artys will need time to get there).

Top Bottom