Term 6 - Presidential Office: The Grand Dame Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chieftess - if possible, I would like to see production in Kyoto changed from the Palace pre-build to a University. This will waste 21 shields, but will help us to put cultural pressure on the Iroquois cities of Nagoya and Suo. If you don't want to waste the shields, I would suggest a Bank followed by the University. Putting either one of these in our top commercial city would benefit Fanatika greatly.

I would also like to avoid committing Kyoto to this project for the following reasons:

1. As our top commerce producer, Kyoto would be better served with a Bank and/or University.

2. In my Size 12 Plan, Kyoto would be an ideal Provider city and should focus on producing workers.

3. With the discovery of Industrialization around the corner, we can prepare a new city for this project by building a Factory there. That will enable us to get a Palace pre-build even faster. I believe that Bremershaven would be an ideal location for this once it builds a bank.

Please take this into consideration.

Donovan, I would really like to keep that city prebuilding for ToE. Other wise we are not going to get it without a leader.

I wouldn't mind at all switching Kyoto to a bank, then a University. But, yes, we do need it for a prebuild. There's no telling who our next enemy will be, and if we're ready.

With all due respect, building it in Bremershaven using my method would take us about the same amount of time. Kyoto will have an opportunity to build a Factory as well but will have to pass it up because it is committed to this pre-build.

And speaking of our next enemy....what if it is Russia? We then lose another opportunity to use Kyoto to build cavalry.

As you can see, Kyoto has far too many pressing matters that extend beyond our Palace pre-build. We should consider a new site immediately.

hmm, I saw that post too late. Had I seen it, I might have changed it, but Kyoto does have shields already accumulated, where Bremershaven does not. After the backbone of the rail system is up, I will focus on building up Kyoto, Kuhkaff and Bremershaven so they can catch up.

I will look at the accumulated production as well. Perhaps we can switch Kyoto to a factory in two turns? This would immediately turn Kyoto into our top producer, and allow it to begin many of the things I have mentioned(though it would now be too productive to make workers).

I will also talk to Governor Falcon about switching Bremershaven to a Factory as well.

That's possible. I could put Bremershaven as the palace prebuild. Could you talk to the governors about that?

Chieftess, regarding the palace pre-build in Kyoto.......

I would like to see that used for Wall Street. My reasoning for this is two-fold:

1. At Kyoto's current pace, we will have enough shields for ToE within 13 turns! Unless my Golden Age proposal works much better than expected, I don't think we will have discovered Scientific Method by that time.

2. With some tile optimization, Kells can join Serenity in completion of Banks in 5 turns. That will give us the Bank requirement for Wall Street, which we could then build in Kyoto the very next turn.

Also, I am now in talks with the governors regarding my Golden Age plan. I will try my best to have them post clear instructions and I will be present at the chat to help you sift through everything. Be warned, the first turn or two will probably last a bit longer than usual.

Finally, with my Golden Age plan, I believe it will be important to put our rail progress on hold so that we can irrigate Provider cities(Size 12 proposal), build roads for trade where needed and build mines for extra production where needed. We should still continue the rails in New India(so that pikes can disband there if needed), but otherwise should concentrate on enhancing tiles already in use.

Please let me know what you think.

If we go with that plan, then we'll need more banks. We only have 2 or 3 in the entire nation!

We have 3 Banks----in Bavaria, Bombay and Delhi. We just need the other two from Kells and Serenity to build Wall Street. We can get each one in 5 turns and can build Wall Street in 6-7 using the current pre-build.

Even still, that doesn't change the fact that it's a bit too early to pre-build for ToE.

Ok then, let's do it!

Why is this discussion going on in here and not in the citizens' forum? Surely this is a matter worthy of wider attention... Please feel free to post a link to the relevant discussion thread if it turns out that I have simply missed it, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Otherwise, could we please move the discussion to a thread where it might be more widely noticed?

I was a discussion between DZ and me, and we're fine tuning the plans. Any final tweaks could be posted to the discussion thread.

Originally posted by Chieftess
I was a discussion between DZ and me, and we're fine tuning the plans. Any final tweaks could be posted to the discussion thread.
Which plans? Which discussion thread? :confused:

Admittedly, that thread doesn't directly deal with the Palace pre-build, although it touches on the fact that we can get Wall Street soon using the plan.

CT, could you put up a new thread regarding the pre-build? If you'd like, you can copy most of post #48 as the header. I would do it, but I have to run out for a few. Thanks. :)

So.... what about that discussion thread...? :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom