Term 6 - Province of Montis Abeo Gramen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am happy to announce that you have a railroad near Bizen now and I am going to try to use that as an excuse to get some irrigation going there. I know you have plans to grow this city, but it could help us greatly as a short-term Provider city.

I also know you would really like a Marketplace in Bizen, but after the aqueduct, I would like to(cringe) ask you to produce workers there again, on the condition that I can get some workers to stay there and irrigate. I will be at the chat to fight on these issues now, and will hopefully have the Golden Age plan to back me up. BTW, please read about and vote on this proposal if you haven't already. You can find it under Maximizing.... in my signature.

Regarding Ise, let's switch to a worker there now. We can have it next turn. In your instructions, send that worker to join Shimonoseki and grow it by 1. Then build the settler and we can move the city NE. Sound good?

Finally, I would like to request that we hold off on planting the tundra forests right now. My main worker goals for the Golden Age are to irrigate selected Provider cities(like Bizen, if you approve), put needed roads in non-corrupt cities, and put mines in solid production cities.

Please let me know what you think of these plans. With our Golden Age here, we need to make some quick changes to make the best of it.

Donovan Zoi
Domestic Leader

Governor, we have been debating the possibility of earmarking Workers produced in a Province to do one improvement in that Province before they are released to the National Work Program. A proposal is in the works, but first we'd like to hear from you. Please post your opinion in The Senate Forum quickly. Thanks,

Cyc

Governor Gingerbread Man, The Senate would now like to not only hear your opinion on the earmarking of workers to do their first project in the Province they were created in, but also the proposal of Priority Lists from the Governors being made part of CoL D.1.E. Please respond.

Build Queue (as of Feb 23 2003)

Ise - settler (27)

Move city to the X

Hakodate - continuously build Cavalry (3-5 turns)

Hakodate can become a cavalry factory. Here is a map with optimisation instructions that will churn out cavalry in under four turns during our golden age. The 'X' represents where the laborers will go when all the work near Hakodate is done.

Bizen - continuously build Cavalry (7)
I plan to make Bizen size 12. remember to irrigate those grasslands. This is high priority.

Shimoneski - Factory (21), continuous cavalry

See the worker map for instructions for the workers near Shimoneski. Railroad the mines to hurry up the factory. I will request a rush of the factory eventually.

Novgorod - Harbour (33), continuous workers for size 12 plan

Worker instructions for the city are on the map. they say to make one forest now, one later. These have a low priority. I will request a rush on the factory.

Worker Map
Key:
RR: place railroad here
M: place mine here
R: Place road here
I: Irrigate here
F: place forest here
X: Relocate Ise to here

I would like to thank whoever put those workers in my province. Some of my citizens had never seen such things before. They didn't know what irrigation was, let alone railroads! Hehehe. I would like to know who ordered this to happen.

I would also like to thank everyone who lobbied for better worker management.

Build Queue (as of Feb 26 2003)

Ise - settler (1)

Ok, SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS! with the settler that will be built, move it to the square NE of Ise. when the settler is there, sell all of the improvements in Ise, and abandon the city. With the new settler, build on the spot marked X.

Hakodate - continuously build Cavalry (3-5 turns)

Hakodate can become a cavalry factory. Here is a map with optimisation instructions that will churn out cavalry in under four turns during our golden age. The 'X' represents where the laborers will go when all the work near Hakodate is done.

Bizen - continuously build Cavalry (7 turns each)
I plan to make Bizen size 12. remember to irrigate those grasslands. This is high priority.

Shimoneski - Factory (19), continuously build cavalry (less than 4 turns)

See the worker map for instructions for the workers near Shimoneski. Railroad the mines to hurry up the factory. I will request a rush of the factory eventually.

Novgorod - Harbour (??), continuous workers for size 12 plan

Please forest one tundra square.

Worker Map
Key:
RR: place railroad here
M: place mine here
R: Place road here
I: Irrigate here
F: place forest here
X: Relocate Ise to here

GBM,

I would have Novgorod enjoy the benefits of the Size 12 Plan, rather than have it provide workers for the cause. This city's population won't recover quickly enough to sustain this activity for very long. I'd like to put a library there so that we may open up more harbor squares in Novgorod to make this happen.

Also, with irrigation and a granary, Bizen would make a fantastic Provider city. We could pump out a few cavalry until the city reaches Size 10-11, then produce workers there while we mine the mountains.

Please let me know what you think of these plans.

Donovan Zoi
Domestic Leader

What other settler, Shai?

Also, I told CT to rush this settler on turn 1. Yet it still sits fully produced in Ise. Is it waiting for the city to become a Size 3? Also, I noticed that when you right-click on a city, there is an Abandon City option.

If this is the case, we should produce a cannon there and then abandon the city. We can get a settler from another city, preferably Bizen.

Sorry for the confusion, I misread Gingerbread Man's instructions and thought the settler for Ise was being produced in another city.

In order for a city to complete production of a worker or settler that will take the last population point, the city must not have any excess food. The procedure to disband should be:
  1. Sell off all buildings
  2. Adjust tile usage to a food loss situation (but no population loss!)
  3. Rush unit
When the unit is built a pop up will appear asking if you want to delay production or abandon the city. If there is excess food you won't get the pop up, it will just wait until growth has made enough population to produce the unit and keep the city.

OK, a picture of the province at the end of the term.

There is an example of my idea of a priority list. You see the numbers next to some of the instructions. They are priorities. I feel they all have equal importance.

For the moving ov Ise, move Ise's laborers to the squares marked with an X. Sell all the improvements and unfortify any defences to move to the new square. The game should, next turn, prompt to abandon city. Say yes to abandoning city. move the settler NE, and build 'New Ise'. I will figure out what to do with the name.

With all the work done near Bizen, I now proclaim it A Worker Factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom