Term 6 - The North Province

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Welcome to the Term 6 thread for The North Province.

Governor: Cyc
Deputy Governor: Lord Master Zarn

Cities:

Kuhkaff - Mayor Cyc
Valhalla - Mayor Plexus
Naerva - Mayor Paalikles
Gunningheim - Mayor gunning1
Androbius -
Dapperdan -
Riga - Mayor Toasty

We're still looking for more Mayors!

A map of the province will be posted soon.

Term 5 - The North Province

Term 7 - The North Province

As of now the Build queues, laborer assignments and worker actions for the 2/23 t/c are as follows:

Kuhkaff - Factory(c), Rifleman, Marketplace, Army
...................Please move laborer from grassland to Hill.
Valhalla - Factory(c), Rifleman, Bank, Rifleman
...................No Micro
Naerva - Factory(c), Aqueduct, Rifleman, Marketplace
...................Please move laborer from sea tile to forest

Gunningheim - Factory(c),Rifleman
...................Please continue clearing forest, then irrigate
Androbius - Factory(c), Rifleman, Aqueduct, Temple,
Riga - Barracks(c), Temple, Aqueduct
Dapperdan - Granary(c), Marketplace
....................As new growth occurs, please place the new laborer on the RED "X" (the Iron Hill)

Columbia - Change to Harbor, Granary, Library
....................No Micro.
Jedina - Change to Harbor, Granary, Library
....................When Harbor is built, please move laborer to sea tile.

These are the proposed worker actions for the next turn chat, along with the recommended Settler placement and future city sites. Only the clearing of the Forest SSE of Gunningheim and the irrigation of the same tile remains.

Please move the worker two tiles East and clear the forest, then irrigate. This action was part of the original irrigation plan. When the worker 2 tiles South of Kuhkaff finishes what it's doing, it should move beck to the plains to the NW and irrigate.

Congrats Cyc. I brought some beer.

Congratulations on your successful campaign, Cyc! Now let's discuss some issues over a beer or two.....

North Province tundra

I fully agree with sites 1 and 3 as they would make great harbor towns but think that site 2 would limit the potential of those sites. Instead, I would recommend site U(hill 2 spots west of Denver) on CT's map --- not for the cultural benefits, but for another thriving harbor town. I can draw up a map on this tomorrow.

Southwest Province forest city

I know that yourself and donsig have been talking about this site for months but believe it would limit the potential of the surrounding cities.

I would suggest our use of settlers to include ehancing the growth of our existing cities once the North Province has its tundra cities. Please click on the "Size 12" Proposal in my sig for more info.

Valhalla aqueduct

I would once again ask you to consider the benefits of an aqueduct in Valhalla. The "Size 12" proposal would allow us to get Valhalla up to size 12 quickly by adding the extra pop points to harbor squares. This would enhance our commerce greatly with little risk of corruption.

Congrats Cyc!looking forward to your enlightened leadership of this province.

Some thoughts on tile optimalization for Naerva:

Earlier today, I sat behind the desk in my office in Naerva doing a little experiment. Here's what I discovered

Forest tiles (thundra with forest and grassland) could be roaded for an increase in commerce. One of these tiles has game on it, and is perhaps considered parkland....:/
This is not a high priority task, and can wait till later, as there are more important places for our workers to go to.

Also - grassland tile in the southern area of Naerva (with road) should be irrigated for an increase in food. I see you have already requested this :)

Just wanted to give you my 2 fanatikans worth

Thanks all!

Welcome, Zarn. Thanks for the beer. :) Have you seen your office? I've put in one of those large bearskin rugs for you. Hopefully, it will make you feel more at home.

Welcome, Paalikles. I look forward to your continued input. It's always nice to hear from the Mayors of The North Province. You are correct about roading the forest areas, and I will try to get this done in the future. Luckily, I was able to get a harbor put into Naerva and once we get that grassland irrigated, it should take off in the growth column. Oh, and btw, I have no real plans for a National Park at this time.

Thanks Cyc, but I will spend most of my time in the capital (Census Leader, Domestic Deputy, and of course Lord Master) and Apolytonia (Ambassador). I only here for certain times of the year. It is good to work with you, though.

Welcome, DZ. Mmm, these are good beers that Zarn brought.

I think taking out the second Settler in the Valhalla queue is a good idea. Why don't we swap that out with an Aqueduct. The growth isn't going to hurt us, especially if I can get a mine put in on one of those grasslands.

I would also recommend holding off on site "U" until after we get the southern forest of Gunningheim cleared and irrigated. After it grows to size 6, we can take another look at it. Actually, I'd like to see Denver auto-raze so we can put a city on each side (East and West) of it's current location.

The other reason I like the location in the SW Province is that there are 4 Tiles there that will never be used by another city. Being a Plains city, the growth could be kept down to not interfere with the other cities, while still utilizing those 4 Tiles. I hate to see wasted Tiles. (mental note: no more beer for the Tiles.)

And as for my map, I seem to have put the #1 location in the wrong spot for the current poll. I do like the #1 spot, as it allows for more citiy placement, but I've voted for location "R" in the poll, which is between #1 and #2 on my map above. So, if "R" were to become Spot #1, then #3 would become spot #2. By removing the second Settler in Valhalla (and inserting the Aqueduct), that would still leave us with one Settler to place. As I think we should hold off on your site "U" and you don't like my spot by "H", then we need to find a spot for the third Settler. Maybe the Tundra area out by Kyoto you were speaking of?

Cyc - How about we send it to Kuhkaff to increase its size to 11? Then as your hills are mined, we will get the immediate production benefits without losing commerce or food. This will come in handy since we are building a Small Wonder there.

@DZ - Now that idea definitely has my approval. :D

Excellent need/use angle.

Congrats, Cyc.

I'm hoping that I can settle in and start as the Mayor of Riga :).

I brought some beer.

Thanks for the beer.

Ok, why are we letting the 16 year old drink? :nono:

Just because he acts like hes 30, doesn't make him 30! :rotfl:

Anyways, good job CYC!:goodjob:

@Goonie - But Zarn wasn't drinking, he just brought me some beer. You know, just to be safe though, I should probably collect all this ice cold goodness and take it to my house. :D

Originally posted by Cyc
@Goonie - But Zarn wasn't drinking, he just brought me some beer. You know, just to be safe though, I should probably collect all this ice cold goodness and take it to my house. :D
I think this might be more to do with that little piece of joking misinformation you included in your multisite demogame registration post ;)

Ooops! Quite right. I see the correlation now.

Misinformation?!?! You mean I'm not 16? Holy Moly, I'm going to have to reassess my priorities now...

Toasty is hereby appointed Mayor of Riga. Welcome Toasty, please start your city thread and enjoy all the perks we Mayors get. :D

Hey, Cyc....check out this map I made. I believe it is possible to eventually get five cities in the NP tundra. Sites 1, 2 and 3 would be harbor cities and sites 4 and 5 could use those "x" grasslands. For some reason those tiles were irrigated but if you look closely you will see that they serve no use to any of the four cities around it. By adding two cites in the tundra we would be able to make some fairly decent towns without encroaching on the neighboring cities.

Oh, and back to site 3....

As you can see, I outlined the city radius for harbor purposes and you can see what a windfall site 3 could bring if we were to use the Size 12 plan on it. And should Denver ever fall into our hands we would have another high commerce city near our capital.

One last thing regarding Valhalla: If we use the Size 12 plan on that city, we wouldn't need any more irrigation there at this time. I would request we set our sights on building up Androbius becuase, as you said, that city has much potential. With the proper care, it could be a Provider city for us.

Attachments

• npsettlers.jpg
    npsettlers.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 200
@DZ - As for sites 4 & 5, I can't see placing a Settler in either one. Both spots 4 & 5 can now be used by two existing cities. Androbius and Gunningheim on 4 and Naerva and Gunningheim on 5. All they will do is seriously cramp well established cities close to the capital and hinder their growth and production. The reason those two grassland tiles are irrigated is because the irrigation was brought up an existing road to quicken the work. The plan was to irrigate the tile SE of your 4 and SW of your 5. These tiles were to be used by Gunningheim for growth, but so far only one has been done. I've asked Chieftess to use that worker by Androbius to complete the work.

The idea of tundra cities was not to make Powerhouses, but to make culture stores and enable us to be allocated more units. I see the original proponents of this plan are kicking back under the sun lamp as neither of them has spoken on the issue.

As far as the Settlers go, I see the one in Androbius going to site #1, the next one coming out of Valhalla in 3 turns going to site #2, and the next one coming out of Androbius (after the Library) going to Kuhkaff. I really think we should hold off on your site #3, until we see what happens to Denver. I'm not sure how large I can get Gunningheim to grow to, but site #3 will do nothing but hurt it.

Let's just try to use the plan we been working on (in the last paragraph) and then try to use your "Size 12" plan. If CG requests and recieves funds for the upgrade of the musketman in Valhalla (that I've asked him for) then I can take the rifleman out of the Valhalla queue and move up the Aqueduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom