Term 7 Domestic Department- The Home Front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please participate in this poll on the renaming of the cities of Quellewasser province. Approval was overwhelming in the first poll last week, but we missed quorum by a vote.

Langrave Feodor

Hail Grandmaster, Domestic Advisor.

The South Doughnut Coast requires your aproval of rushing two workers, one in each of our cities for the construction of rails needed in the west of the Empire. What say you?

EA

Ummm, EA, the budget office is the place to request rushes. And GM will want the costs listed too.

Right, the budget office... darn hobbit weed making my mind soft... anyway, I looked at the save and it appears the rush will not be needed, however:
Padmativa is currently building a bank, changing the queue to worker will waste 12 shields. Leningrado is building a cavalry unit, changing to worker will waste 11 shields. In Padmativa that is a turns work, in Leningrado that is two turns work. Do we go on with the switch or rush these things and then build workers?

EA

Doesn't the second part of your post belong in your province thread? But in answer to your question, I say leave the queues the way they are.

EA, next time post in the Budget Office. However, I will answer your question here. Personally, I would make the switch, as it is only a few turns of production, but do whatever you think is necessary. What will you be using the workers for?

We have gone into the war with the Babylonians (and soon, the Iroquois) without assigning workers to support our armies with roads and railroads. I have been trying to get governers of provinces to voluntarily free up workers for the President to ship out there.

As Langrave of Quellewasser, I would make a donation, but there are only two workers in my entire province and I am heavily engaged in putting cultural pressure on the Iroquois.

Feodor

I would REALLY like enough workers to lay down road AND rail in 1 turn. Not one worker short. We will need infantry to protect our workers, too. I would like a complete rail system in no more than 6 turns.

As Feodor stated, I want the workers to help build the railroads and roads needed for the war effort. However, the South Doughnut Coast can only give so much of their citizens without disrupting it's growth and development. I will post for the switch in the turn thread.

EA

Since the actual direction of the workers is in the hands of our worthy President, I suppose the key to the thing is to let Octavian know that the governers support his making this a priority.

Since the war effort does take more importance, in my view, to feudal matters, The South Doughnut Coast will not critize executive actions that work towards the completion of the rails.

EA

I propose something else... We need 200-300 workers to efficiently work our cities with sanitation (hospitals). We only have 88 native workers, and about 60 foriegn. Foreign workers only work half as fast, so the "actual" total of our workers is more like 110. We need to double, even triple (quadruple if we're going to add foriegn workers to cities) our workforce.

We must build more workers in our corrupt cities (70% corruption or higher). I will gather a list of cities for this.

We were doing that for the entire last term at my request, CT. I really don't know why we stopped.

We can also set up worker farms in cities that are primarily grassland(or flood plain), and have production between 5-10. Palanthus, Zorgonzolia and Dacula are good examples of this. With a bit more irrigation, we can actually get these and more cities on a 2 turn worker cycle without losing population.

Existing example: Palanthus has a Granary and has a surplus 12 food per turn. This means that that city can grow every two turns. When you build a two-turn worker in this city, the city can continually produce workers without losing population.

Getting 10 cities to sign on to this will get us 100 new workers in 20 turns(maybe longer if we have some 3-turn cycle cities). However, I believe we can use even more cities than that.

We have a settler that's about to be built in Huntington. There's a couple of empty spaces where cities were razed.

3 West of Sverdlovsk
3 NW of Caughnawaga (there's a rail under the Cossack)

I'd suggest 1 NW of that 2nd location so that it can get the whale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom