1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 7 Domestic Department- The Home Front

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Government' started by Grandmaster, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feodor Ardent

Feodor Ardent Grizzled 'ol Civ Veteran

Please participate in this poll on the renaming of the cities of Quellewasser province. Approval was overwhelming in the first poll last week, but we missed quorum by a vote.

Langrave Feodor

2. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Grandmaster, please vote im this council vote to confirm ikey as governor of New Japan.

3. Ehecatl Atzin

Ehecatl Atzin Lore Master

Hail Grandmaster, Domestic Advisor.

The South Doughnut Coast requires your aproval of rushing two workers, one in each of our cities for the construction of rails needed in the west of the Empire. What say you?

EA

4. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

Ummm, EA, the budget office is the place to request rushes. And GM will want the costs listed too.

5. Ehecatl Atzin

Right, the budget office... darn hobbit weed making my mind soft... anyway, I looked at the save and it appears the rush will not be needed, however:
    Padmativa is currently building a bank, changing the queue to worker will waste 12 shields. Leningrado is building a cavalry unit, changing to worker will waste 11 shields. In Padmativa that is a turns work, in Leningrado that is two turns work. Do we go on with the switch or rush these things and then build workers?

EA

6. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

Doesn't the second part of your post belong in your province thread? But in answer to your question, I say leave the queues the way they are.

7. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

EA, next time post in the Budget Office. However, I will answer your question here. Personally, I would make the switch, as it is only a few turns of production, but do whatever you think is necessary. What will you be using the workers for?

8. Feodor Ardent

We have gone into the war with the Babylonians (and soon, the Iroquois) without assigning workers to support our armies with roads and railroads. I have been trying to get governers of provinces to voluntarily free up workers for the President to ship out there.

As Langrave of Quellewasser, I would make a donation, but there are only two workers in my entire province and I am heavily engaged in putting cultural pressure on the Iroquois.

Feodor

9. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

The President has 100% discretion on where to send workers. The governors do not need to release workers as we don't have posession of them.

10. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

I would REALLY like enough workers to lay down road AND rail in 1 turn. Not one worker short. We will need infantry to protect our workers, too. I would like a complete rail system in no more than 6 turns.

11. Ehecatl Atzin

As Feodor stated, I want the workers to help build the railroads and roads needed for the war effort. However, the South Doughnut Coast can only give so much of their citizens without disrupting it's growth and development. I will post for the switch in the turn thread.

EA

12. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

How many workers are needed? How many can get there to help and how many more need to be built?

13. Feodor Ardent

Since the actual direction of the workers is in the hands of our worthy President, I suppose the key to the thing is to let Octavian know that the governers support his making this a priority.

14. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

What I really want is an assurance from the Senate that I won't have any complaints on my desk because worker actions are requried.

15. Ehecatl Atzin

Since the war effort does take more importance, in my view, to feudal matters, The South Doughnut Coast will not critize executive actions that work towards the completion of the rails.

EA

16. Chieftess

I propose something else... We need 200-300 workers to efficiently work our cities with sanitation (hospitals). We only have 88 native workers, and about 60 foriegn. Foreign workers only work half as fast, so the "actual" total of our workers is more like 110. We need to double, even triple (quadruple if we're going to add foriegn workers to cities) our workforce.

We must build more workers in our corrupt cities (70% corruption or higher). I will gather a list of cities for this.

17. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

The North Province is already doing this. Now producing 3+ workers per 10 turn chat.

18. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

We were doing that for the entire last term at my request, CT. I really don't know why we stopped.

We can also set up worker farms in cities that are primarily grassland(or flood plain), and have production between 5-10. Palanthus, Zorgonzolia and Dacula are good examples of this. With a bit more irrigation, we can actually get these and more cities on a 2 turn worker cycle without losing population.

Existing example: Palanthus has a Granary and has a surplus 12 food per turn. This means that that city can grow every two turns. When you build a two-turn worker in this city, the city can continually produce workers without losing population.

Getting 10 cities to sign on to this will get us 100 new workers in 20 turns(maybe longer if we have some 3-turn cycle cities). However, I believe we can use even more cities than that.

19. Chieftess

We have a settler that's about to be built in Huntington. There's a couple of empty spaces where cities were razed.

3 West of Sverdlovsk
    3 NW of Caughnawaga (there's a rail under the Cossack)

I'd suggest 1 NW of that 2nd location so that it can get the whale.

20. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.