Term 7 Election: Chieftain

Election poll for Chieftain

• DaveShack

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Hyronymus

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As usual, I'm in a hurry, so no time for lots of words.

I'm going to vote for Hyronymus, your a designated player and you will still be around dave, we need to keep numbers so time to election hyronymus.

Will each candidate please present a statement. Thank you.

Question

How open are you to reforms of this country. Are you willing to go far in changing the Tribal Government, or are you more conservative. What is your thoughts on the matter?

Do I really have to answer it, I afterall came up with reformation plans.

Question

How open are you to reforms of this country. Are you willing to go far in changing the Tribal Government, or are you more conservative. What is your thoughts on the matter?

My preference is to limit the number of things which distract from playing the game. Distractions from playing the game result in lost players, which results in there not being a game any more.

The focus should be on techs, builds, foreign relations, and all other things relating to the game itself.

<edit>
There is a place for certain, well-targeted reforms. In particular:
  • An improvement to the polling process which at least makes it clear what is expected of a poll would be a good idea, as long as that improvement doesn't make it trivially easy to invalidate polls.
  • The latest version of the revised game play scheduling initiative strikes a good balance of reducing the chances of a specifically targeted problem, improperly handled session delays, while avoiding introducing sweeping general rules which could undermine progress of the game

I do believe however in "right-sized" government. Now is not an especially good time to be adding or removing offices, or changing official responsibilities.

Seems like I have to get back to my Polling Act again then...

My opinions has been swayed.
Lol, but seriously. I'm fine with giving a statement but can you be a tad more descriptive?! Like do you want a war-related statement, a citizens-related statement or something completely different.

Just a statement about why you would be good for the job i think is all that is needed

I think I'm well-suited for the job because of my capacity to think out of the box. This ability I combine with my desire for justice and equality for every citizen of our fine empire.

The times ahead of us are exciting. They offer great oppurtunity for continental supremacy and at the same great uncertainty of overseas rivalry. In my reign I will focus on the well-being of our citizens while not overlooking the demand for a strong army. We are the most influential empire in our world. This inevitably leads to jealousy but I'm positive we can defend ourselves perfectly if we control our continent. Yet we also need to build strongholds closer to our enemies to spread our culture, our civics and our power.

Congratulations Daveshack, our new Chieftain :)

And good run Hyro, and do not give up your reforms please :)

Don't worry about my reforms. I'll stay on the reforming path for as long as I think it's necessary.

Congrats on youyr election, DaveShack. I hope to see some fireworks from you and your team this term.

Top Bottom