1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 7 Job openings.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by robboo, Jun 29, 2006.

1. robboo

robboo Deity

I know its not term 7 yet. However due to the impending long weekend( in the USA). I want to official announce that starting on July 1st midnight gmt I will begin accepting applications for the following offices.

Censor
    Minister of Culture

The censor position is more important right now due to the war. The minister of culture is being discussed by the Tri.

The governors council or Minister of Interior is responsible for the appointing of the Governor of MG and Governor of Fort Impervious. If you are intersted in those two positiosn contact a governor or the minister of interior. We need those positions filled soon.

2. strike700

strike700 Chieftain

First of all, Hi everyone.
    I was browsing these forums last week and finally decided to peek in the demogame forum. What I found intrigued me so I started digging and read most of what went on during the previous term. After reading all that I decided to join up, could be fun.

I would like to apply for a position (any one does not matter). I will take the censor job, however I understand if my newness to your forum disqualifies me.

As far as references go all I have is this community here:
    www.freeallegiance.org

The positions I currently hold are:
    Squad Leader
    @Alleg (Ingame Police)
    Cadet Instructor (To help with the learning curve)
    And I also help out in the helpline when I can.

What I can tell you is that if I take a job this term I will be committed to the end of the term at the very least. I can (and do) check on the boards daily except in rare instances.

I guess that's what I can think of so far if you have any other questions post them here or PM if that preferable.

Later
    --Strike700

3. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

Holy hell. Most of us just post, I'll be censor, and someone appoints us.

"Hey everyone, the new guy is taken er jerbs! Git yer pitch forks!"

Just poking some fun. I'm sure Rob will give you the job. Oh and welcome to the demogame.

4. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

Strike, welcome to the Democracy game.

The Censor is in charge of creating official polls and validating all polls. I don't know how well a newer person will do in such a job. You may find yourself in the middle of a judicial mess from errors you make.

The Minister of Culture keeps track of the culture, and so doesn't have that much to do.

There are also two Governorships open. You are in charge of one city in our civilization. Go to the government subforum and apply in the Governor's Council for Term 7 thread. I don't think it's been made yet, but it should be there shortly.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

5. robboo

robboo Deity

Strike...welcome..

A governor ship woudl probably suit a new guy since its basically just decding wahat to build in a city. HOWEVER. IF you are good about figuring out our Code of Laws I am sure you coudl be censor.

I should note all official applicationd need to be PMed to me or posted in here after July 1st. I dont want any judicial stickiness.

6. Sigma

Sigma Censor

Strike,

I'll add to the comments above with a few things about the Censor position. The toughest part about it is trying to balance the will of the citizens and the laws of our Constitution, without dragging down the speed of the game. There are people on both sides, and you have to find the best middle ground between them. You may take a lot of heat from people on either side, so you'll need to deal with that as well. Overall, I probably wouldn't recommend the job to a newbie, but if you think you can handle it I'd be glad to see you step up and give it your best shot. If you do decide to apply for Censor (and get the job of course), I would be happy to help you with any questions you might have, as the outgoing Censor of two terms.

If you wanted to apply to be a Governor, those appointments will be handled by the Governor's Council, which I will oversee next term (as the incoming Minister of the Interior). That thread will be set up today, but applications will not be accepted until the 1st.

7. strike700

strike700 Chieftain

You haven't seen *****ing nor flaming hot and heavy till you've policed the game of Allegiance.

I read the CoL and it seems fairly straightforward, plus it seems like you guys let common sense rule in most cases.

However I would be just as happey with a governship the two reasons I was applying for censor are that:
    1) It didn't seem like anyone wanted the job
    2) While I can forum whore like no other, I am not very good at Civ4itself.:p :blush:

8. robboo

robboo Deity

Strike apply after the July 1st and you will be considered for which ever position you apply for. Censor is a very important duty and a necessary one if we are to get anything legally done.

Personally..I like someone who is willing to jump in with both feet.

9. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

Strike, I don't want to take you out of the potential position, but I personally think you should play out a term here in a governship position before you try censor. Censor is arguablly the most powerful position here.

10. strike700

strike700 Chieftain

That's fine by me, I just thought nobody else wanted so was going to help out. It's all yours.;)

Now just to added to the group so I can vote (Now that the elections are over).

11. Oldbus

Oldbus Chief of Confusion

Good to see you Strike - good luck with whatever position you end up with.

And while I'm in this thread, if there is anyone (especially if you're new to the Demogame) who would like to be Deputy Secretary of War, please apply by PM'ing me. This is an intersting time to be in the War Department :)

12. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

I'm officially applying for the Censor position.

Oldbus, what will the deputy be doing?

13. Oldbus

Helping drawing up war plans. For example, while we are preparing for the attack against Germany, I think it would be good if both the Deputy and myself drew up possible attack plans. It would give us more options to discuss and less chance of missing something. Also, there are 3 different cities we could attack first. It would help spread the work if we could plan different cities.

14. Sigma

Sigma Censor

Psst... Oldbus, just letting you know that there is no "official" deputy to the Secretary of War. The CoL says so. Though that doesn't disqualify you from having an unofficial "assistant" of any kind... ;)

15. strike700

strike700 Chieftain

Can I be the Official assistant to the Unofficial Deputy to the Offcial Secretary of War?;)

P.S> I am offcially applying for the Governership of Micialians (sp) Gate

16. Oldbus

Ah. In that case, I'll use the title of Cartographer (I'll be Chief Cartographer :) ). Strike, if you'd like to be cartographer and help draw up some war plans, post in the SoW thread. Don't worry about any governorships you might hold - I was Governor of FI & Cartographer.

Don't worry about maintaining the Great Atlas this term as I'll do that. What would be helpful is if you could think about anything I've missed in the defence of our realm. Also, you could start thinking about what we might need if we were to attack a German city. Dortmund is visible, there is a slightly old view of Hamburg in the Atlas and somewhere, someone posted an older view of Berlin.

17. robboo

robboo Deity

Wioth only Ice applying for censor I will make him censor. Noone has applied for mInister of culture as i figured would happen. The Tri will use our CoL powers to discuss elimination of that position if it is supported by the people.

18. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

Don't need CoL powers, just one citizen to initiate an amendment to eliminate that position.

19. robboo

robboo Deity

Actually if I read the CoL right..the Tri can do it without any polls for this term only. I dont see the need for a Cultural minister this term so...maybe a War time consolidation of government may be OK. I will wait till Dutch returns and then discuss this with the other Tri members. I rather not leave it open in case a cultural matter occurs that would cause a TC slow down.

III. The Cabinet

1. Changes in the Offices of the Cabinet.

A. The Triumvirate may Decree a change in powers or offices of the Cabinet.
    B. All Officials who are affected by a Decree must consent to it for the Decree to become official.
    C. Any Citizen may within 72 hours of the Official Decree start a non-conformation Poll. Should said poll be approved the Decree will not take place.
    D. Any changes done by Decree are in effect only during the term in which the Decree was made. To make the changes permanent an Amendment must be approved.

20. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Sounds okay to me Robboo.