Term - 7 Military Department: The Grand General's Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atleast the Scottish Guardsmen at Buckingham Palace had rifles once... and aren't Pikemen...

Then again, Pikes just have that classic medival theme. (like Knights in shining armor). For us, they're relics.

I'd like to request that the military department build up the Landbridge Wall. We still have a sword there, for crying out loud. What will that do when America attacks with cavalry?

I would like to see one infantry on all elevated tiles, and two on the flat land as a bare minimum.

@Oct - I will look into upgrading the Langbrige wall with a Magenot line Style placement of the Artillery. This would have to mean that I would have to Give Specific instructions to the DP during the Rotation process.

I will make plans using the Magenot line and Wall Method :)

I don't think we should use artillery there.

1 - What if it's captured? (i.e., the infantry loses)
2 - It's a waste with all of them sitting there
3 - Once the AI breaks through 1 tile, they head for that tile.
4 - Our maginot line will be useless once we take out the last 3 civs. :)

I will have to agree with Chieftess here. I think the best way to go is a mobile defense with a few forts along the landbridge.

CivGeneral beguins to get the Goonie Feeling that my Idea is turned down

The Lines stays but Upgraded to infantry.

We could even force the AI (if they ever came) through "passageways". That way, soon mech. inf. in forts will be able to weaken troops as they pass. I did this in a game one (inadvendently), where my cavalry were on the edge of a landbridge, and there was a 1 tile wide-free pathway north (to my cities). Only 2 units made it out and were able to attack my city (then lose). The rest was easy picking.

Here is my new Idea, We can Rotate units around so that we can upgrade them to Infantry. I will create a Maginot Plann tomorrow.

I say Tear down the Line once we Destroyed the 3 Civs.

I'd like to request that the military department build up the Landbridge Wall. We still have a sword there, for crying out loud. What will that do when America attacks with cavalry?
Most likely we will destroy them utterly, before they are three tiles past our frontier. I haven't checked the exact numbers from the FIA, but don't we have the Americans and the French hopelessly outnumbered?

Building up an adequate eastern frontier defense is a perfectly reasonable idea, of course, but our eastern policy should rest on buying off the second string powers to prepare for a confrontation with the Greeks, who seem to be the only opponent out there with any money.

ALLEGHENY HAS NO GARRISON!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder it's still in revolt! And there's infantry standing in the middle of nowhere, fortified! If we don't put a garrison in Allegheny now, it will continue to riot!!! How long has it been like this!?

EDIT: Caughnawaga too!!! Why was there no mention of this in the turn chat? :smoke:

Not to mention that our cavalry are STILL scattered about! Not in one place when I asked you during the turn chat. This is going to make the next turn chat MUCH longer now, since we have to FIND all of the cavalry!!

Not to mention that our cavalry are STILL scattered about! Not in one place when I asked you during the turn chat. This is going to make the next turn chat MUCH longer now, since we have to FIND all of the cavalry!!
On the plus side, we can be grateful we have so much cavalry that losing track of a few is an actual problem . . . :crazyeye:

I have posted a preliminary plan for a counteroffensive against the Americans here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom