1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 7 Ministry of Foreign Affairs - World Domination

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Government' started by eyrei, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

In WWI, nations switched to infantry. That's where cavalry falls. But, I don't think there was massive artillery like we're using.

2. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

I agree that we should not ally with China or Russia. If one or the other gets uppity we can ally with the other against them.

3. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

China is already annoyed with us. I do worry about a 2-front war with the 2 largest civs... But, if that comes to pass, then it may be our final hurdle in this game!

4. Feodor Ardent

Feodor Ardent Grizzled 'ol Civ Veteran

On the World War I battlefield artillery was GOD. They used so much it would churn up the ground for miles and no one could advance because they couldn't wade or drive through the mud.

Cavalry, on the other hand, lost the dominating position it has in Civ about 400 years previously. As late as the time of the Napoleonic Wars, it could still hurt musket-armed infantry if it caught them off guard, but an attack without friendly infantry support was usually slaughtered.

Alas, though, this is Civ's world and we play with the toys they give us.

5. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.