Term 7 Nominations : Chieftain

I nominate grant2004

I accept my nomination but I like to mention that if I make it I like to appoint a deputy too.

I'm happy to announce that if I'm elected as Chieftain Grant2004 will be my deputy.

If any office should be contested, this is the one.

However, accepting or not is still a bit of a question. If I win, will my opponent leave? Losing one player is a significant risk. On the other hand, if I don't run then we potentially suffer the same malaise, lack of excitement from uncontested officials.

I guess the possible benefit of a contested election outweighs the risk, so I'll accept the nomination.

Good luck, DaveShack.

And to you. :)

Anyone have questions for the candidates?

My objective for the term is to improve our focus on in-game issues. I think we should aim for a more regular pace of playing every 5 days or so. An important role I can play is mentoring the other officials who may be inexperienced in DG matters, so we will hopefully have fewer instances of citizens feeling their input is disregarded or that officials aren't managing their areas. I also see one of the Chieftain's tasks as making sure that all the things that need polls get polls, to meet the play schedule.

A question for both candidates, in the amendment to the Tribal government act which modified the office of elder into the office of governor, the following passage appears.

Workers will be allocated each game session to each Aimag by the Chieftain, to perform tasks as instructed by that Governor. The Chieftain may only issue worker instructions for National projects.

In most previous terms chieftains have not allocated workers and governors have therefore issued general work orders, leaving the DP to sort out which workers were doing what, rather than specifically allocating workers to each Aimag. How would you intend to handle your power of allocating workers?

I intend to chase each governor that fails to provide worker orders around NoneoftheAbove until the governor does provide worker orders.

In general the workers have never been adequatly allocated to any aimag, resulting in too many wrongly named workers working in aimags they don't belong too. I want to make an inventory of the whereabouts of all workers and come up with a renaming schedule. These renamed workers should then receive instructions correctly.

A Question to all the candidates: Is there anyway to get black oxide (the type used in mortar for brick work) off of cedar wood?

A Question to all the candidates: Is there anyway to get black oxide (the type used in mortar for brick work) off of cedar wood?
Sorry, our scientists report they may be able to perform this miracle nondisruptively in a few years using a new technique they call chemistry, but for now we must settle for methods which require physical separation of the wood from the offending contaminant.

In most previous terms chieftains have not allocated workers and governors have therefore issued general work orders, leaving the DP to sort out which workers were doing what, rather than specifically allocating workers to each Aimag. How would you intend to handle your power of allocating workers?

I too find a lack of specific worker orders troubling as a DP.

We have 18 workers for 21 cities. I would ask each governor to determine and report on how many workers are needed so they can be allocated efficiently. I'd also pressure governors each play session to make specific worker instructions. Key cities (wonder producers for example) would get priority when we get replaceable parts. When we get railroads, we'll want a railroad network and a coastal railroad to be ready to repel invaders. Additional worker production might be necessary.

Sorry, our scientists report they may be able to perform this miracle nondisruptively in a few years using a new technique they call chemistry, but for now we must settle for methods which require physical separation of the wood from the offending contaminant.
That's why they wanted to know what's so interesting about this question! When I got to our scientist they were a bit giggly and they said they recently had to answer that question too. Despite their giggling I take their word on it.

Top Bottom