Term 7 Nominations - President

Sigma

Censor
Term 7 Nominations for the Office of the President

The President is a member of the Triumvirate. The duties of the Triumvirate include issuing stop orders, declaring a state of mobilization, and appointing the Director of Intelligence.
In addition, the President is tasked with defining a budget, resolving disputes between officials, controlling settlers and naval units, and is given all powers not expressly given to another official and not retained by the Citizens Assembly.

Please note that you may nominate any number of citizens for this position, including yourself. A nomination must be accepted by the person who was nominated to be considered valid. You may only accept one nomination, but you may change your mind about accepting and declining a nomination as many times as you like up until the deadline. Candidates will be listed in order of their (last) acceptance in the election poll.

Nominations will close on June 26th at 2:00 PM EDT (18:00 UTC).

Should they choose to write them, the candidates' platforms will appear below.

I nominate Robboo

I accept. If there are any questions I will answer them when I return on Monday. My internet access will be limited during this weekend due to travel.

My platform...
I want the Tri to work together to figure out goals for out country during our term and work with a cabinet to accomplish those goals. In the last few terms we havent had a good Tri discussion on the game(no Tri thread). This is something that we need to improve on.

I want to continue the current pace of TCs. I want to establish an advisory panel to suggest way of specializing our cities much like Whomp and the mayors are doing...except a more focused and determined plan.

I want to continue building our economy and build our militatry in order to protect our country from enemies and to attack our enemies if our citizens want. Certain cities like BW and MG should not build units and continue building infrastructure and culture.

I have been SoW for 2 terms, SoS for 2 terms and I have yet to miss posting instructions for the TC. I am currently( for another week or so) the Team Captain for Team Aloha( mtdg). I am here almost every day and I am running the Multiplayer ladder within Team Aloha. Please vote for me...I know I can do what it takes to be a good president.

I have no interest in running and would second robboo. I feel that its best for me to avoid the presidency, mainly due because of my overly emotional nature during the election time.

The war kind of throws a change into my plans....

Our first priority now needs to be defense and then attack to force Bismark to the table. If we can, then we can decide if we want peace or war.

I was hoping we could save debate for election however I will release my views on the war now.

We didn't declare war on Germany, they declared war on us. They must pay for their atrocious actions, and they will. However revenge only runs so deep. We MUST not let revenge let loose in our heads. Oour main objective in this war is defense. I plan to lobby to the SoW to defend first and worry about Berlin later. Currently I feel our fron-line cities are left unprotected. You will begin to see a shift in our troops to the front line, however we will not leave our western cities unprotected.

I also plan to lobby to the SoS to bribe Russia into war with Germany. I feel that Russia distracting a portion of the German army will help us "divide and conquer." Once we have successfully defended our lands I believe we should take Berlin, however I will support the citizen's opinion on that one.

This means that I will ask the minister of the interior, and the governors to produce units on the front line. One front line city could produce a happiness providing building, while the others produce units, and when the city is finished it would begin to build units and the next city would build a hapiness building. We would work a rotation.

Now I know I'm setting out plans that aren't my job, but I will lobby to the respective officials for said plans.

Thank you and remember to vote for Ice.

First of..Ice and I are friends, teammates and multiplayer rivals so I dont want my comments to be thought of as directed to him or about him. Good Luck Ice.

I was SOW during the first part of the Mongolian war. I was also SOS for 2 terms. My experience for the last 4 terms is an asset to our nation during this time of war. I have yet to miss posting instructions in any of my four terms as president. I am also around daily and want to have more involvement of our people and a more unified goverment by having public Tri "meetings " to set forth our nations agenda.

Our unit production must take place in our more productive cites..whipping only if necessary and using "intelligent" forest chops. ( ie chopping outside of city radius and forested hills next to city..75% defensive bonus) BW and MG should conitnue to build national helping projects...what that is needs to be determined by the current war and situation.

Heh, rob come around the rebel pub and we'll have a round on me. Good luck to you to man.

Anyway, I didn't want to put out my whole platform here for this election, but mine as well.

Many of you already know what I stand for, Progression. I believe that progression is the key to achievment. Last term was pretty much a massacre. We didn't have enough DP's, there was low activity, positions weren't filled, and on top of that, the judiciary was breathing down everyone's neck. We have seen much improvement this term, with the exception a few minor misunderstandings in the DP pool and the President AWOL.

How do we maximize our efficiency and become progressive you ask?

Well I have thought it out, and I see a big lack of communication. This term as Minister of the Interior, which I had to leave office to my deputy due to real-life conditions, I took charge and set up the Governor's Council Thread. This term the thread has been the most active then all the other past council threads. I am proud to see the governor's working together so nicely. Since the governor's work together the nations problems are solved instead of just the governors trying to solve their own citie's/state's problems.

President Nobody has had some pretty good ideas this term about putting in new institutions, such as a Press Secetary. I believe in new institutions such as these. This will be my main focus if elected. I will set up a few fun threads, which provide a place for comunication between government officials, and a place for the citizens to get in on the action. I will also create more organization and more information available to the general public (which oldbus is doing a great job of now.)

I not only want to set up public meetings between the tri, but also public meetings between the cabinet and governors. I know time zones and locations limits us, but it wouldn't be too bad if a bunch of government officials got on the irc channel one time in the week a day or two before the turnchat and disccused options and plans so officials aren't just solving their problems and creating new ones for the nation, but work together to get problems solved and help keep the nation united as one.

Ice, is real life getting better? As your plans will cost you a lot of time.

There are some, possibly many, people who will be concerned by the idea of government meetings in chat instead of in the forum. While it is true that live chat is much faster than forum discussion, and therefore potentially more productive, it is also important to note that there are people who cannot attend a chat. It would be a bad idea to adopt a policy which excludes any citizens from participation.

What assurances can you provide that all decisions will be made using information available on the forum and over a sufficiently long time period that citizens who cannot attend a chat have a chance to have their voices heard with equal weight? That last bit is incredibly important, because making yourself heard when others are getting more words in is very difficult. Try being in a situation where there is a face to face meeting and you're the only one on the phone, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Daveshack, I don't think I fully explained myself.

Firstly, all citizens are invited to the chat. And a copy of the chat will be posted in my President's Office Thread (if elected) so all citizens can view it. No final decisions will be made here. I will even summarize the chat so nobody has to scroll through useless information.

Also it is not a chat where decisions are made. It should proceed as follows:

The President (or a chat leader) will bring up issues, pretty much discussion threads that are in the citizens forum, and the main official who the issue pertains to will discuss the options the citizens have laid out and he will announce the one he/she favors the most. Then all the other officials will have a chance to agree with his decision or bring up points on how his decision may affect another issue or office. After discussion the pertaining official (the one who will make the final decision and post in the TCIT) can now take all aspects into consideration, however is still free to decide how he wants (as long as within limits of our CoL.)

After the chat, the President or Chat Leader will post a copy of the chat in my thread, and I will summarize it ASAP for those who could not attend.

Then if any citizen finds an issue still debatable, he can bring it up in a discussion thread (in the citizen's forum) with the knowledge of what was discussed.

Also these chats will be no less than 2 days prior to a play session, so that the citizens will still have time to act on an officials decision.

Nominations have just ended. I will post a organized platform once the election thread is opened in an hour or so.

NO Chats for me...
When I said public meetings I meant forum threads in the Tri thread that has been missing for a few terms. Every thing needs to be public. Since our game doent move in real times there is no need for real time chats it fits better with everyones schedule to have a thread and allows people who might not be able to chat to still have input.

robboo said:
NO Chats for me...
When I said public meetings I meant forum threads in the Tri thread that has been missing for a few terms. Every thing needs to be public. Since our game doent move in real times there is no need for real time chats it fits better with everyones schedule to have a thread and allows people who might not be able to chat to still have input.

Seconded.

I will not vote for any candidate that advocates significant discussions and decisions being made via non-forum means.

The DG is grounded in these forums.

-- Ravensfire

Nominations are closed. The election thread will be up soon.

This isnt something I mean to push in. Just a small idea we could try. I agree to make everything public, but these chats not only help us solve national problems, but they help make a more tight knit community. I mean these cahts don't have to be so formal. Who knows they might be fun.

Top Bottom