1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 7- Office of the Judiciary- Poofy Wigs and Flowing Robes

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Government' started by naervod, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naervod

naervod My current user title

I approve the changes to be made, however, I do not have time to post a legislative poll until late tonight.

2. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

You should also specify the 24 hour poll quorum of 11.

3. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

A poll for the new CoL amendments has been posted here. Please vote.

4. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

dearest judges, i today request a judical review of a poll i just found in our poll subforum...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=834505#post834505

the poll seems to seek approval of a massive namechange of about 5 cities in our nation.

as i believe, this is not legal, as the governor is only allowed one namechange in his province in his first week. other namechanges can only apply on capture according to the naming-list and if the dp decides so or on founding. not by poll.

please post the judical review in the poll thread for all participants to be aware of it.

5. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

That's pretty cut and dried as the applicable rule is specifically plural.

COS, Section C (Naming Rights):
    Item 5: A newly elected governor may request name changes for cities within his/her province. This can only be done in the first week of the governor's term of office. The governor will post a poll with the suggested name change in an APPROVED / DISAPPROVED / ABSTAIN format and a 2 day or longer time frame. Popular support will allow or deny the proposed name change.

6. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

7. naervod

Chief Justice Review

The rules on this poll seem to pretty clear as to what Feodor can do. There is no limit to how many cities a governor can rename, as long as it is done in the first week.

Also, should I put this in the Judicial Log when the review is over? It seems like it would be a case when I would.

8. eyrei

eyrei Deity Retired Moderator

Goonie, please do not advertise polls in every thread in the government forum. The only time that is at all appropriate is when someone is advertising a council vote. Only this one and the one in the appropriate provincial thread remain. The rest have been deleted.

9. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

The way the Standard listed above reads, a Governor may seek to rename any city within their borders during their first week of any Term. Therefore, I see nothing wrong with the legality of the poll in question.

10. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Judge Advocate Review

I concur with the findings of the Chief Justice and the Public Defender. Our laws place no restrictions on the number of cities a newly elected governor may rename, as long as it is done within his first 7 days in office and is put up for poll.

Governor Ardent has fulfilled both of these requirements and is therefore within the law.

11. naervod

The Judicial Log has been updated with this review.

12. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

A simple question:

Is saying 'hitler' a good enough reason to be kicked from the chat room? I never thought that it was that offensive (unless you are a survivor of the holocaust).

Maybe in the US, hitl.., sorry, H***** is an offensive word, but I very much doubt that.

13. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

It would depend of the reference. In a good, historical context, it's fine. Calling someone that name isn't.

It would also depend of the chat operator's discresion.

14. naervod

I agree with Octavian, but if it is directed at someone, it is up to the person who the comment is directed at to take it as a joke or to take it offensively. In the case during the chat, Strider should not have been banned for making that comment.

15. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.