1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 7 - The North Province: The Foundation of Fanatika

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Government' started by Shaitan, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

The Flag of The North Province
    9 stars represent the 9 (non-capital) cities of The North. Bavaria/Bohemia is represented by the inset Fanatikan flag. The field fades from white (representing the frozen tundra of the High North) to green (representing the bountiful grassland that spurred the growth of The North and much of Fanatika.

Note: Click on the small flag to download the Hi-Res version.

Officers
    Governor: Shaitan
    Deputy Governor: Paalikles

City List
    Code:
    [b][i]City		Mayor		Notes[/i][/b]
    [url=http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49034]Androbius[/url]	burning_phoneix
    Bavaria		Octavian X	Capital of Fanatika! Top Culture city! Heroic Epic, Smith's
    Columbia	[i]vacant[/i]
    Dapperdan	[i]vacant[/i]
    Gunningheim	CivGeneral
    [url=http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48923]Jedina[/url]		Zarn
    [url=http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38227]Kuhkaff[/url]		Cyc		Province Capital, Military Academy, #1 Production City!
    [url=http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38146]Naerva[/url]		Paalikles	Top 10 Culture!
    Riga		[i]vacant[/i]
    Valhalla	Chieftess	Top 10 City!

*Unconfirmed
    Improvements (updated 1370 AD)
    Code:
            Androbi Bavaria Columbi Dapperd Gunning Jedina  Kuhkaff Naerva  Riga    Valhall
    Aqueduc	 			 	 	 	Y	 	 	Y
    Bank		Y								
    Barrack	Y	Y	 	Y	Y	 	Y	Y	Y	Y
    Cathedr	 		 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 
    Colosse	 		 	 	 	 	 	Y	 	 
    Courtho	Y		 	 	Y	 	 	 	 	 
    Factory	 	Y	 	 	 	 	Y	Y	 	Y
    Granary	 	Y	 	 	Y	 	 	Y	Y	Y
    Harbor	n/a		 	Y		Y	n/a	Y	n/a	Y
    Library	Y	Y	Y	Y	Y	 	Y	Y	Y	Y
    Marketp	 	Y	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	Y
    Temple	 		 	Y	Y	 	Y	Y	 	Y
    Univers	 	Y	 	 	 	 	Y	Y	 	Y
    Walls	 		 	Y	 	 	n/a	 	 	n/a
    Coal Pl	------------------none needed/wanted-------------------- 

Academy	 		 	 	 	 	Y
    HerEpic		Y					
    Palace		Y					
    Smith's		Y
    Previous Term Thread
    Term 6, Governor Cyc

2. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

Slogan

Our fair province has a rich history. We supplied the frontiersmen and pioneers who settled most of native Fanatika. We are the production center that built much of Fanatika's defense as well as being a cultural mecca. What we don't have is a slogan. You know how NY is the "Empire State" and Florida is the "Mosquito's from Hell State"? We need a motto for North Province. Following are several rejected slogans. Any slogan suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    • ‘Nuff said.
    • NP Rules!
    • Who’s your daddy?
    • If it ain’t North it’s beneath us.
    • North Province. Boo yah!
    Mayors

All current mayors of North Province cities are encouraged to retain their spots. Please just reply here that you intend to remain an active mayor. Many of our cities lack a mayoral hand and are crying out for local representation. Post in this thread or PM me if you would like to be a mayor for one of the vacant cities. Mayors may also take a vacant city as a second city. They would effectively be the mayor of that city as well but would need to give up the second position if it could be filled with a full time mayor. Mayors who never give feedback or suggestions are also subject to removal.

Mayors should give feedback (and flavor :)) for their cities. Suggestions on tile usage, development and growth, build queue and city development are all welcomed and encouraged.

Flag

States and Provinces in RL have flags, why not us? The flag should carry representation of North's great history. Please post suggestions/samples.

Moving the Capital

Valhalla was the first city of the North and I am considering moving the gubernatorial offices there. Comments are welcome.

Naming the terrain

Continuing Cyc's lead, I'll be naming a couple more areas. I'm looking for names for two bodies of water: North of North Province is an icy sea. East of us is the start of a very large ocean. There's also a nice tundra forest, the tundra area itself and the peninsula that Denver resides on. Shoot me some suggestions!

3. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

:lol:

A great motto...

Well, congrats Shaitan. I can already tell you're gonna have some fun in this office.

4. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I will follow the Honorable Octavian X in congratulating you and welcoming you not to The North Province, of course, but to the provincial Government. You have played a major role in the development of this Province and I'm sure that role will not diminish in the future. I am honored to have you as our Governor.

With that I present the picture below as my sole recommendation for a terrain feature name. I believe this would be a suitable honor and tribute to the late RPG Leader. It also kind of has a ring to it. What do you think?

5. Paalikles

Paalikles Emperor

I welcome the new gov'nor Shaitan.
    Congrats!

@Valhalla: good idea.always good to look to our roots.
    @Sea of Shaitan: I like it

@Shaitan: Please allow space for build queue in the first post - I guess you just forgot to add it on starting the thread.

@Slogan: Just a wild swing at it: "The North Province - We built Fanatika" (could perhaps be considered provocative though....but I 'll toss it in anyway)

Paalikles
    still mayor of Naerva, a cold culture beast

6. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

"Sea of Shaitan". Hmmm...rings a certain bell, doesn't it? ;)

I like that slogan too. Something along those lines would be perfect. We really did build much of Fanatika.

We also need a new name for Riga. There's effectively no Russian culture left in our borders and the Northern Youth Society has petitioned to remove the foreign name. Any suggestions?

This will likely be my last post until Sunday. We're moving and I don't expect to have the ol' beastie up and running until then. So...here's some food for thought. City queue listings and provincial development graphic. All items are up for discussion, please comment as you will.

Also: City improvement summary has been added to the first post. When the build queue is set I'll add that to the first post as well (probably Sunday as noted above).

1345AD Queue/city work Proposal

Kuhkaff
    Curent Queue - Marketplace, Army
    New Queue - Coal Plant, Army

A marketplace is not needed until hospitals are possible. Coal plant will reduce army production from 8 Turns to 5.
    Alternate would be Coal Plant, Marketplace, Army. One more turn than current queue.

Pop assignments: In two turns, take both pop off of unimproved grasslands and move to Mined Mountain and Irrigated Grass.
    Improvement Needed: Mine railroaded grassland 1 tile northwest of city.

VAlhalla
    Current Queue - Rifleman, Bank, Rifleman
    New Queue - Rifleman, Bank, Rifleman, Cathedral

Pop assingments:Growth in 1 turn. Make a taxman.
    In two turns Kuhkaff will vacate grassland to the west. Put the taxman to work in the fields.
    Improvements Needed: Railroad two mined grasslands two tiles west of the city.

Naerva
    Current Queue - Aqueduct, Rifleman, Marketplace.
    New Queue - No change.

Note that Naerva has a maximum effective population of 8.

Gunningheim
    Current Queue - Factory, Rifleman
    New Queue - Factory, Rifleman, University

Improvements Needed: Railroad on the irrigated grassland two tiles southwest of city.
    Plant forest on fur tile northeast of city.

Jedina
    Current Queue - Granary, Library
    New Queue - Granary, worker, library

Improvments Needed: Irrigate/Railroad grassland 2 tiles southwest of city.

Androbius
    Current Queue - Factory, Rifleman, Aqueduct, Temple
    New Queue - No change.

Riga
    Current Queue - Temple, Aqueduct
    New Queue - Aqueduct, marketplace, factory

Improvements needed - Extensive. R, RR, Mine on saltpeter. RR on mined grassland 2 tiles NE. R, RR irrigation on any of that bountiful grassland!

Dapperdan
    Current Queue - Granary, Marketplace
    New Queue - Granary, worker, Courthouse, worker, worker

Improvements needed - Cut down forest two tiles southwest of city. Road, RR, irrigation in that tile.

Attached Files:

7. Cyc

* Cyc pokes his head through the smog. *

(cough) Coal Plant? (cough) Ok, sure, whatever the Governor feels is best...just checking in and confirming my retention :) of the Office of Mayor in Kuhkaff. Just as a side note, I would hate to see the Province Capital moved from our glorious city to any other. But if that is what you feel is best, then so be it. Good luck, Gov.

8. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Governor Shaitan,

Congratulations on your governorship! It's good to see that your dedication to this province mirrors that of your predecessor. That said, I hope you won't consider it rude if I pop in from time to time to see how things are going.

I am requesting that you reconsider building the Coal Plant in Kuhkaff:

Keep in mind that by the time we build this, we will already be well on the way to Hoover Dam's completion. This will give you a Hydro Plant to achieve those same results. Plus, the Coal Plant and Hydro Plant are not cumulative --- you need one or the other.

Also, while the Marketplace won't be needed for happiness right now, we could still use the extra gpt it would provide.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
    Vice-President

9. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

I dunno - I think, for the time being, a coal plant is a good idea. Remember, our golden age ends soon, meaning techs will start coming in at a slower rate. It may be a good deal of time until electronics comes to play.

10. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

You may want to talk with Chieftess, Octavian. It has been all but established that once we get ToE(in three turns), we should use our free techs to get Atomic Theory and Electronics --- then use the Palace pre-build in Kyoto to finish Hoover Dam.

It seemed unanimous in discussion, but perhaps it should go to the polls.

11. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

I was just looking through some cities, and noticed that Kuhkaff is about to riot. It doesn't have a market, and could use one for the happen (It's complete in one turn, and a tile can be taken off just for that turn).

12. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

I'm back. Just got my shiny new 1.5 mbps connection online. Downloaded the last save and I'll try to analyze tonight & post in the morning. I'll check to see how much time between a plant completion and best time to Hoover to evaluate if it's worth it in the gap.

Will also check happiness - thanks for the spotlight, CT.

We'll have a couple days to iron out my proposal before the next chat (on Wednesday).

13. Chieftess

Quit rubbing it in! :p

14. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

Kuhkaff
    Special: When Hoover is built (5 turns), sell Coal Plant.
    Current Queue: Army
    New Queue: Army, Army
    Improvements, Population assignments: Grassland 1 tile N of city needs RR. Grassland 2 tiles NE needs Irrigation, road. When food begins accumulating again, remove pop from unimproved grassland and put on mined mountain.

Valhalla
    Current Queue: Bank, Rifleman, Cathedral
    New Queue: Bank, Rifleman, Cathedral, Rifleman
    Improvements: None needed at this time.

Naerva
    Special: Growth in 1 turn. Put new Pop on coast tile to maintain growth.
    Current Queue: Rifleman, Marketplace
    New Queue: Rifleman, Marketplace, Rifleman, Cathedral
    Improvements: Iron hills 1 tile north needs RR, Game tile 2 SW of city needs road.

Gunningheim
    Current Queue: Rifleman, University
    New Queue: Rifleman, University, Rifleman, Cathedral
    Improvements: Irrigated grassland 2 tiles SW needs RR (will allow growth),

Androbius
    Current Queue: Rifleman, Aqueduct, Temple
    New Queue: Aqueduct, Rifleman, Temple
    Impovements: Cow tile E needs RR. Mined grassland 1 tile SE needs RR.
    POP Assignments: Remove pop from RR irrigated tile S and put on unimproved grassland 2 tiles E.

Riga
    Current Queue: Aqueduct, Marketplace, Factory
    New Queue: No changes.
    Improvements: Both Grasslands 1 tile from city need irrigation and RR, Saltpeter hills 1 tile S needs mine and RR.
    POP Assignments: Take pop from unimproved grassland 1 tile E and put on irrigated railroaded grassland 1 tile N.

Jedina
    Current Queue: Granary, Worker, Library
    New Queue: No changes
    Improvements: Forest needed on Railroaded tile 1 S. RR needed on mined hills.

Columbia
    Current Queue: Granary
    New Queue: Granary, worker
    Improvements: None needed at this time

Dapperdan
    Current Queue: Worker, Courthouse, Worker, Worker
    New Queue: No changes
    Improvements: Mine and RR hills 1 tile E. RR iron hills 2 tiles E.

15. Chieftess

EDIT: n/m I was looking at the wrong save...

16. Cyc

Governor Shaitan, will you be opening up the Senate Forum today? If not, when can we expect it?

17. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

18. Plexus

Plexus Architeuthidae puericomedentis

Culture would like to request that the current build for Naerva be changed to a cathedral or for it to be moved higher up in the queue(position 2 or three would be nice). Thanks.

-plexus

19. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

I would like to be mayor of Jedina (never got t be mayor of that other city).

20. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

@Zarn - Welcome to the wonderful world of mayorhood! Please keep an eye on Jedina population use and tile improvement needs and make any recommendations/comments on building needs and queue managment.

@Plexus - Happy to oblige as my own desires lay in the same direction. Let's flip Denver! How does this look?

Naerva
    Special: Growth in 1 turn. Put new Pop on coast tile to maintain growth.
    Current Queue: Rifleman, Marketplace
    New Queue: Cathedral, Rifleman, Marketplace, Rifleman
    Improvements: Iron hills 1 tile north needs RR, Game tile 2 SW of city needs road.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.